• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

leafer

Leafer.

The toronto maple leafs hockey team. I live and die with them as they are part of my blood at this point LOL

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
During a debate about duty to ones country in high school, my teacher said my arguments were Yossarian like. Yossarian became my nickname because it sounded funny for the rest of high school, so I use it on most of my screen names.
And the number? Hopefully its obvious.

Ever learning

I call myself "Ever learning" because I realize that there is so much to learn. I also hope that some people will help me to get a better understanding.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I got told by some religious guy on the street after I briefly described my belief and my stance on some sort of topic that my soul was poisoned or something wierd like that.

Then later on I saw methylated spirits in the supermarket

so I put a spin on the product and changed "spirits" to "ghosts"

thus, methylatedghosts.

ayani

not sure where "ayani" came from... kind of a name that popped into my head, i loved the way it sounded, so i adopted it.

kinda linguistically and gender ambiguous, and pretty.

apparently it may mean something in Egyptian Arabic, but i'm not sure.

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
Yeah so I'm SURE this thread has been done before but I was just curious. I always wonder why people have the user name they do.

Mine is CDRaider because my name is Christina D and my schools mascot are the Raiders (we used to have this ugly red headed viking as our mascot but now we are wolves.. sucky mascot huh)

So what about yours?

It's my real name, as simple as that.

melissa :yes:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
www i Zanda = me :D
wiz-and-a = fast :)
wizanda = wizard................
:angel2:

hannahrose1209

*~Forever Wondering~*
Mine is hannahrose1209 because my name is Hannah and my middle name is Rosemary and my birth date is December 9th!! LOL!!! Not to mention it is kinda unique!!

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I've been through about 50 million username changes. I'm really sad now, because I can't figure out where the store where you can change your username went...but anyway...

I Panicked! At the Disco

I <3 Panic! at the Disco's music, so it just became my username. Mostly because I couldn't think of anything better. The End. :D

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Mine comes from The Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul by Douglas Adams. In the book, while one of the characters is lying unconscious in a hospital bed, she explores the inside of her mind:

She passed the time quietly in a world of her own in which she was surrounded as far as the eye could see with old cabin trunks full of past memories in which she rummaged with great curiosity, and sometimes bewilderment. Or, at least, about a tenth of the cabin trunks were full of vivid, and often painful or uncomfortable memories of her past life; the other nine-tenths were full of penguins, which surprised her. Insofar as she recognised at all that she was dreaming, she realised that she must be exploring her own subconscious mind. She had heard it said that humans are supposed only to use about a tenth of their brains, and that no one was very clear what the other nine-tenths were for, but she had certainly never heard it suggested that they were used for storing penguins.

Pariah

Let go
Pretty sure I posted here before, but there's no harm in doing so again.

The English word "Pariah" was taken from Tamil, a South Indian language meaning the same in both languages, but with caste system overtones in the original language, "outcaste" as opposed to simply an outsider or someone ostracized from society (in English).

I am Indian and the name both reflects my ideology as well as my heritage.