• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view on abortion. Atheist welcome.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Never having an abortion my self, I do not know if it hurts.
However, the fact is that telling them that it is not a baby is the truth.

There is always some pain involved.Just like with a period.

The women in that fake article talking about bad pain? Never gave birth to a "baby" wth nothing.(not even a tylenol".)

Lets put it this way..they dont give women "spinals" (injecting drugs into her spinal cord a.ka epidural) to have an abortion..Nor do they have to give her an episitomy(a cutting of the vaginal canal to make room)..Nor do they ever do a c-section abortion.:rolleyes:

Love

Dallas

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Abortion: Some Medical Facts
Throughout the United States, there are nearly 3,000 Crisis Pregnancy Centers staffed by volunteers ready to provide real help to women facing unplanned or untimely pregnancies. [112] In addition to providing pregnancy tests and counseling, these centers often offer a full range of services, helping women obtain housing, maternity and baby clothes, baby equipment, pre- and post-natal medical care, legal assistance and financial support, information about adoption, and even advice on how a woman in school can continue her education. [113] Offering real and tangible assistance, these centers have helped thousands of women to realize that they didn’t have to choose between their own lives and the lives of their unborn babies.
Unlike their counterparts at the local abortion clinic, the volunteer counselors at your Crisis Pregnancy Center do not have a vested financial interest in the ultimate decision you make. Their concern and commitment are genuine, so you can count on them to stick by you through the tense and sometimes difficult months ahead.
Again, I hope that isn't your attempt at finding unbiased sources.

Circle_One

Geez, and I just realized you're in Montreal! Crazy***! :p But yeah, I'm going to bed too. That's enough entertainment for tonight. Gnite all! :)

I know! It's like almost 5am! :D :p

Goodnight everyone.

I'll be back to argue some more tomorrow Leah ;)

Sleep well, my darlings.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yet you can go to jail for punching a pregnant woman in the stomach...
For assault, not murder. Just as you would if you punched a non-pregnant woman in the stomach.

All that has to do with is that the majority of the jurors not think that the fetus is a human.
And the law itself. If a jury's determination goes against the law, it's set aside by the judge or overturned on appeal.

How horrible that people would let her take another's life away.
Right. Shall we apply this logic in other ways? Do you think that the "meat is murder" crowd should have the right to dictate what you can and can't eat? Do you feel that their opinions create any sort of moral obligation for you?

If not, what is it about you that makes your opinions carry so much more weight than theirs?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
LeahrachelleHow much jail time should a woman do for having an abortion?

wa:do

And what about the fathers? What if they were at the scene of the crime?

And what if the woman has had more than one? Wouldnt she be considered a serial killer?For those women I would recommend either life without the possililty of parole..or the death sentence.

Love

Dallas

What is exactly is an atheist as you see it? I do not fall for all of this god, bible, christianity stuff. Been there done that, have studied many religions, and I have gone into them with open mind and soul to try and quell this yearning I have felt since early teens. However, the more I studied the more I knew they were false. I could never really get my teeth into Islam, each time I tried I very dark, depressive mood hang over me like thick choking smoke. So... I was outta there too. However, I do believe after much intense meditation the ability to become aware became a reality for me. I do believe I am connected to something... I can feel it in my everyday life...I have to be careful what I wish for as my thoughts very rapidly become my reality...I experience moments of bliss..an exquisite sensation that cannot be described so I will not even bother to try. But I would not be so arrogant as to say what or who I am connected because I do not know. Does this make me atheist?

If a fetus is aborted then that was it's wish. It was some type of Karma that needed to be worked off.If you reduce everything to Karma then every single event in life is fair.

Last edited:

logician

By Christian reasoning, if the fetus does have a soul, and is aborted, isn't that an automatic ticket to heaven? Why is that not desirable?