• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zelensky joins Canadian Parliament’s ovation to 98-year-old veteran who fought with Nazis

lukethethird

unknown member
You didn't respond when it was asked in smaller typeface either.

You're just plainly dishonest and know you can't answer the question without a) exposing this thread as being deliberate anti-Ukraine propaganda or b) admitting to being an open propagandist.
I answered your question, how could Zelensky not know. That's pretty clear considering the fact that the Nazis occupied all of Ukraine in WWII. If you were Ukraine fighting the Soviets you were fighting with the Nazis. I don't expect you to know anything about Ukraine history but I am sure Zelensky does.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I answered your question, how could Zelensky not know. That's pretty clear considering the fact that the Nazis occupied all of Ukraine in WWII. If you were Ukraine fighting the Soviets you were fighting with the Nazis. I don't expect you to know anything about Ukraine history but I am sure Zelensky does.
So you're just going to ignore that Ukraine had security forces who fought against both Nazi and Russian occupation?

Remember, he was just introduced as a man who "fought for Ukrainian independence against the Russian aggressors".

I would like you to explicitly state that you believe Zelinskyy knowingly and deliberately applauded a man who he knew likely collaborated with Nazis.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't know about you, but if I was the leader of a Ukraine's military, and a bunch of extreme far-right people with guns and a serious dislike of Russians all said "Hey, could we help you deal with this Russian-funded separatist army that have illegally annexed territory in our country?", I would probably be willing to throw them at the problem, too. Seems like a win-win, to me.
Yup. Being invaded by a much larger nation is definitely the time to shatter the "break in case of emergency" glass and use tools amd options that normally would be unthinkable.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Of course not, That would go against his rhetoric:

"In 2023, Hunka made international headlines after he received a standing ovation from the House of Commons of Canada, and was recognized by Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau and Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy. Later, it was revealed Hunka was affiliated with Nazis,[2] and Canadian government officials apologized to the worldwide Jewish - but not Polish or Russian - community.[3] "

A bit more:

"
The Waffen SS and its members were declared a "wholly criminal organization" by the Nuremberg Tribunal in 1946.[15] Nonetheless, the Canadian Commission of Inquiry on War Crimes of October 1986, by the Honourable Justice Jules Deschênes, concluded that in relation to membership in the Galicia Division (SS Galizien):

The commission considered the International Military Tribunal's verdict at the Nuremberg Trials, at which the entire Waffen-SS organisation was declared a "criminal organization" guilty of war crimes.[17] Also, in its conclusion, the Deschênes Commission only referred to the division as 14. Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (Galizische Nr.1), but rejected such a principle."

It appears that even though he was a member of the SS his activities in it were checked twice., and he was not found to be personally guilty of crimes. When vast number of people are forced into the armed services just being in a unit does not necessarily make one guilty.
The problem is that none of this matters to the unthinking "masses".
All the "masses", and propagandists, hear is the word "nazi" and that is enough fuel to blow it up.

I can't for the life of me imagine how, especially today with Russia's propaganda rethoric, people can be so stupid.
It's like handing the Russians propaganda munition on a golden platter.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I fail to understand how the Left can be so contradictory.

Anti-Russian Nationalists who in 2014 used to discriminate against Donbas people...in Ukraine, were right,

European Nationalism who just wants Europe to survive, not to be undone...is made up of racists.

Let's acknowledge that in Ukraine there are radical Nationalists who hate Russian-speaking people or people of Russian DNA... and who have been hating them since 2014.
Belgian people have been hating Germans onwards of 1940 as well, for a really really long time - long after the war was over.
I wonder why.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Yes. He/she is very serious.

It's not the first time he/she shows that his / her number 1 source of information about the entire Ukraine thing is russian state media and russian politicians.
To be fair, The Moscow Times doesn't seem to be Russian state media. In fact, it seems to have been an independent news source that was highly critical of the Russian state, which is why they left Russia in 2022 following a crackdown on newspapers that didn't support the Ukraine war and are now based in the Netherlands. (SOURCE: The Moscow Times - Wikipedia)

Funnily enough, the newspaper seems to be staunchly pro-Ukraine and anti-Russian propaganda, which makes Estro citing it - and lukethethird championing it for having "no failed fact checks" - wonderfully ironic.

As for the headline... Well, it's teenagers at a bake sale in the immediate aftermath of Russian separatists invading and annexing the Donbas. If Estro wants to spin that into being an indicator of massive, wide-spread persecution of ethnically Russian or Russian-speaking people in the Donbas, it's obviously a little bit desperate.

Russians invade and annex territory in Ukraine, resulting in 14,000 deaths.
"Well, I am sure they had their reasons."

Some Ukrainian schoolchildren don't like Russians after Russians invade and annex territory in Ukraine and hold an anti-Russian bake sale.
"See! I told you they had their reasons! What awful people!"

Last edited:

lukethethird

unknown member
To be fair, The Moscow Times doesn't seem to be Russian state media. In fact, it seems to have been an independent news source that was highly critical of the Russian state, which is why they left Russia in 2022 following a crackdown on newspapers that didn't support the Ukraine war and are now based in the Netherlands. (SOURCE: The Moscow Times - Wikipedia)

Funnily enough, the newspaper seems to be staunchly pro-Ukraine and anti-Russian propaganda, which makes Estro citing it - and lukethethird championing it for having "no failed fact checks" - wonderfully ironic.

As for the headline... Well, it's teenagers at a bake sale in the immediate aftermath of Russian separatists invading and annexing the Donbas. If Estro wants to spin that into being an indicator of massive, wide-spread persecution of ethnically Russian or Russian-speaking people in the Donbas, it's obviously a little bit desperate.

Russians invade and annex territory in Ukraine, resulting in 14,000 deaths.
"Well, I am sure they had their reasons."

Some Ukrainian schoolchildren don't like Russians after Russians invade and annex territory in Ukraine and hold an anti-Russian bake sale.
"See! I told you they had their reasons! What awful people!"
There is no irony in citing a pro Ukrainian news site. The absurdity in your posts is beyond compare, such as the absurd and stupefying notion of yours that those that don't toe the US and nato party line makes one, among other things, pro Putin. I've debated creationists before but you take the cake, (apologies to creationists). Your siding with both the whitewashing of Nazi participation and the role of US interference in Ukrainian politics is pathetic to say the least. Anybody with any grey matter at all knows what the US and nato is up to and how Ukraine is being used. I don't happen to be a fan of either US or Russian foreign policy and for all I care you can go swivel along with them.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
There is no irony in citing a pro Ukrainian news site.
There is in citing one that directly contradicts your takes on the war in Ukraine.

The absurdity in your posts is beyond compare, such as the absurd and stupefying notion of yours that those that don't toe the US and nato party line makes one, among other things, pro Putin.
I have never once said that. What makes you pro-Putin (or, at least, an apologist for Putin and Russian imperialism) are:

1) Your repeated attempts to shift the blame for the war from Russia on to NATO and the US.
2) Your deliberate omission of facts relating to Russia's interference with Ukraine over the last two decades in contrast do your deliberately exaggerating the role of the US in Ukraine's politics.
3) Your repetition of propaganda that came directly from Putin about the threat NATO poses to Russia and the deaths in Ukraine relating to the war in the Donbas.
4) Your explicit omission of multiple genocides in order to paint NATO as an aggressive - rather than reactionary - organisation to justify Putin's claims.
5) Your continual use of appeasement as a valid route to peace.
6) And now your attempt to portray the president of Ukraine as a Nazi sympathiser.

Those things are the reason you are called a pro-Imperialist.

Your siding with both the whitewashing of Nazi participation and the role of US interference in Ukrainian politics is pathetic to say the least.
Also not done either of those things. You just openly exaggerate and lie about them, and I prove you wrong.

Meanwhile, you have deliberately ignored Russia's involvement in Ukraine politics, annexation of Ukraine, invasions of Ukraine and war crimes in Ukraine. Not to mention the multiple other genocides you glibly glossed over in order to try and pain NATO as some sort of international terrorist cell.

Anybody with any grey matter at all knows what the US and nato is up to and how Ukraine is being used. I don't happen to be a fan of either US or Russian foreign policy and for all I care you can go swivel along with them.
I searched your post for a single fact or factual claim, and I failed to find one.

This rhetoric is pathetic, and your attempt to cast Ukraine's leader as a Nazi sympathiser is just blatant propaganda.

You're exposed. Just admit you're a pro-Russian imperialist already.

Last edited:

lukethethird

unknown member

Canadian parliament’s applause for Nazi war criminal exposes NATO war against Russia

Canadian parliament’s applause for Nazi war criminal exposes NATO war against Russia

Trudeau did not even bother to apologize to Russia, whose citizens made up the bulk of the close to 40 million people killed as a result of the war of annihilation against the Soviet Union that was carried out by the Nazi regime for which Hunka fought. Instead, he directed his public apology Wednesday to Zelensky. In fact, Zelensky, who knew perfectly well who Hunka was, applauded him in the Canadian parliament because, not in spite of, the fact that he is a Nazi war criminal. Zelensky’s actions have completely exposed all of those who have used the Ukrainian president’s Jewish background to deny his connections to fascist forces.

Canada has whitewashed the role of the Waffen-SS Galicia Division to the point where they believe their own propaganda. I'm surprised they apologised at all.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

Trudeau did not even bother to apologize to Russia, whose citizens made up the bulk of the close to 40 million people killed as a result of the war of annihilation against the Soviet Union that was carried out by the Nazi regime for which Hunka fought. Instead, he directed his public apology Wednesday to Zelensky. In fact, Zelensky, who knew perfectly well who Hunka was, applauded him in the Canadian parliament because, not in spite of, the fact that he is a Nazi war criminal. Zelensky’s actions have completely exposed all of those who have used the Ukrainian president’s Jewish background to deny his connections to fascist forces.

Canada has whitewashed the role of the Waffen-SS Galicia Division to the point where they believe their own propaganda. I'm surprised they apologised at all.
This is just delusional and not worth commenting on.

You can do better. Try thinking for yourself, for once.