• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student Protests Against Israel Are Wonderful

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
No. The varying tolerance between the two cultures shows one can live peacefully with the other, but the other seeks genocide. “From the river to the sea.”
So you just ignore what the nations actually do and whatever war crimes they may inflict on each other and judge them entirely by their racial makeup?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Biden is stuck between his Catholic upbringing and the US religious history of supporting Israel and the reality that Jews are not actually supportive of Netenyahu. Netanyahu is the local populist authoritarian leader that to many countries have fallen for. He grew up with unconditional support and now has to find a way to walk it back. I hope that he will deserve credit for behind the scenes pressure when history comes out.
"Pressure" that consists only of talking publicly,
& likely behind the scenes has no value when
the offender (Israel) isn't swayed by talk.
We don't know if Biden is even sincere in
wanting to help Palestinians. All the evidence
shows that he supports genocide of Palestinians.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Does everyone know how tiny the Gaza Strip is? All this over a tiny speck of land. Good grief.

Ignatius A

Israel are the ones currently dropping bombs on them. You're arguing that's justified.

And by Israel dropping bombs on them.

Neither does Israel, apparently.

Depends. If you're taking about pure rhetoric, you're right. But if you want to talk about actual harm being done, Israel are doing significantly more harm than Hamas.

I'd rather take it up with the people choosing to kill them rather than the people who have chosen to be indifferent to their killing.

Why do you believe Israel has no moral responsibility to not kill thousands of civilians?
I'm saying it's the result of Hamas putting them in harms way

You keep implying I
It is ever worse than that. It is like the guy who doesn't like his job so goes home and beats his wife and children because he is not happy.
It's not the same as that at all.

Daemon Sophic

Does everyone know how tiny the Gaza Strip is? All this over a tiny speck of land. Good grief.
A speck of land with over 2 million fully innocent lives inside of it (along with a couple ten-thousand violent and clueless Hamas pricks).
The land means absolutely nothing. The lives on it, mean everything.
Who attacked Israel in late 2023?
A few thousand of the clueless Hamas, that I mentioned above.

Did the women and children, and elderly innocents, along with the able-bodied innocents in that tiny speck of land (the Gaza prison camp) attack Isreal?

Kathryn

A speck of land with over 2 million fully innocent lives inside of it (along with a couple ten-thousand violent and clueless Hamas pricks).

Did the women and children, and elderly innocents, along with the able-bodied innocents in that tiny speck of land (the Gaza prison camp) attack Isreal?
Does anyone care about them? I'd like to see some evidence.

Kathryn

Daemon Sophic

The "oppressed" Hamas with help from their friends in Iran?
Actually, the Iranian strikes are more of a response to the atrocities/war crimes/whole-sale slaughter of innocents that Isreal is raining down on the Palestinians. As I pointed out would in fact happen by the time that Isreal had already killed 10 innocent Palestinians for every 1 innocent Israeli citizen killed on Oct. 7th.

Before then, Hamas was supported by a variety of international groups, almost all with Netanyahu's approval.
For years, Netanyahu propped up Hamas. Now it’s blown up in our faces

EU’s top diplomat accuses Israel of funding Hamas

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/11/middleeast/qatar-hamas-funds-israel-backing-intl/index.html

Ignatius A

Hamas has had control of Hamas since 2005. Have they worked cooperatively with their neighbors to make life better for their citizens or have they continued to work toward their explicitly stated goal of eradicating Jews?

Daemon Sophic

Does anyone care about them? I'd like to see some evidence.
You want evidence that anyone cares about the massacre of innocents in Gaza? :oops: What a horrifically barbaric thing to question.

How about these people?

2023-10-17T000000Z_1188045865_RC2AU3AKMYSR_RTRMADP_3_ISRAEL-PALESTINIANS-GAZA-WOMAN-1698930988.jpg

or these?

7CFPHEAT7BBXRNIW2QMXLT7A4Q.jpg

and these?

Kathryn

You want evidence that anyone cares about the massacre of innocents in Gaza? :oops: What a horrifically barbaric thing to question.

How about these people?

2023-10-17T000000Z_1188045865_RC2AU3AKMYSR_RTRMADP_3_ISRAEL-PALESTINIANS-GAZA-WOMAN-1698930988.jpg

or these?

7CFPHEAT7BBXRNIW2QMXLT7A4Q.jpg

and these?

I feel like the blame is misplaced. I do actually feel great empathy for everyone involved, especially the completely innocent people.

Kathryn

I do feel like Israel is outnumbered without US help. And I also believe they are "allowed" to defend themselves. As is Hamas.

Revoltingest, maybe I missed your answer. Who attacked Israel October 7?

Daemon Sophic

It is the case. You're preaching to the choir. I don't like that innocents are.being killed but that's on hamas.
This of course takes us back to the wife-beating example made by another in the thread. Israel has OVERWHELMING military power compared to all of Hamas, and the folks living in Gaza. At some point they have to take responsibility for the MASSIVE OVERKILL they are literally and figuratively carrying out.
Is this a war-front, with collateral damage happening to the civilians who happen to running out into the shooting zone? Or is this more like a man throwing dynamite into a 20 foot diameter pond, because he wants to kill one trout fish in there, but not caring about the 50 sun-fish that also live in the water.

Hint: its the latter.
It's on Israel. So please stop fooling yourself.