• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student Protests Against Israel Are Wonderful

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
They never will.
Shows what you know.

They would say something like, "That doesn't justify killing civilians".
I know. What a silly and absurd position.

They would have us believe that if Israel would just stop bombing, Hamas would magically begin working toward peace.
Nope. Not something either me or Rev have implied or said.

Why do you feel the need to make stuff up if your position is so sound?

Anyone who believes that still believes in Santa
Much better to believe collective punishment is fine and developed states have no responsibility for the war crimes they commit. That's perfectly reasonable to believe.

Ignatius A

Then I want you to say it. "Just because Hamas are evil/genocidal/whatever, it doesn't justify Israel committing war crimes".

You've repeatedly said it's justified to bomb civilians and refuse to acknowledge Israel's blame for war crimes.

And in what way does committing war crimes on civilians aid in their survival?

Their war crimes tactics?

Or on people doing war crimes.

Meanwhile, you seem very hard on Gazans who are fighting for their lives. You regard them as necessary collateral, as long as Israelis are safe. They just all get to die.
Israel may not be justified by I understand they will not allow themselves to be destroyed. They went the peaceful route once. It didnt go well.

Israelis aren't safe. That an asinine comment and shows the one sided nature of your argument.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
So Israel/the Gaza strip was not attacked in late 2023? I mean, according to you.
You asked "who attacked the Gaza strip on October 7th", not "Israel/the Gaza strip" by "late 2023".

On October 7th, Hamas attacked Israel.
By the end of 2023, Israel had attacked the Gaza strip.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Israel may not be justified
Boom! That's all you need to acknowledge. You don't need to side with Hamas. You just need to acknowledge the simple idea that just because Hamas did something bad doesn't necessarily justify the response that followed. Now that you have acknowledged that it MAY NOT BE JUSTIFIED regardless of the context.

Well done. You're starting to get it.

Ignatius A

Boom! That's all you need to acknowledge. You don't need to side with Hamas. You just need to acknowledge the simple idea that just because Hamas did something bad doesn't necessarily justify the response that followed. Now that you have acknowledged that it MAY NOT BE JUSTIFIED regardless of the context.

Well done. You're starting to get it.
I never said otherwise. Why can't you keep up? Unlike you though im not going to condemn Israel for doing what they need to do to survive. Should they kill civilians? Maybe not but if they stop fighting they will be destroyed by people who have no desire to see Israel continue it's existence.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I never said otherwise.
You mean, other than every time we bring up Israel doing war crimes you said we should blame Hamas and the one time you very explicitly stated that Israel bombing civilians is justified?

Why can't you keep up? Unlike you though im not going to condemn Israel for doing what they need to do to survive.
See? You can't do it. On the one hand you say it'l may not be justified, then you turn around and say that they "need to do it to survive". You realize these two positions are contradictory, right?

Should they kill civilians? Maybe not but if they stop fighting they will be destroyed by people who have no desire to see Israel continue it's existence.
You realize there's ways to fight without committing war crimes, right?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You asked "who attacked the Gaza strip on October 7th", not "Israel/the Gaza strip" by "late 2023".

On October 7th, Hamas attacked Israel.
By the end of 2023, Israel had attacked the Gaza strip.
So Hamas attacked Israel and Israel attacked Hamas afterwards. Gotcha.

Ignatius A

You mean, other than every time we bring up Israel doing war crimes you said we should blame Hamas and the one time you very explicitly stated that Israel bombing civilians is justified?

See? You can't do it. On the one hand you say it'l may not be justified, then you turn around and say that they "need to do it to survive". You realize these two positions are contradictory, right?

You realize there's ways to fight without committing war crimes, right?
Israel does have a right to survive and should take whatever measures they deem necessary to do so.

Tell me how Israel should "fight" without committing war crimes. I can't wait.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do feel like Israel is outnumbered without US help. And I also believe they are "allowed" to defend themselves. As is Hamas.

Revoltingest, maybe I missed your answer. Who attacked Israel October 7?
Once again, you posted to me without any
alert whatsoever. Is this to make a point
without having to endure my response.

Come on now.....twice I answered your
rhetorical question by identifying Hamas.
And that was in a different thread.

What kind of game is this you're playing?
It's really annoying.

Kathryn

Once again, you posted to me without any
alert whatsoever. Is this to make a point
without having to endure my response.

Come on now.....twice I answered your
rhetorical question by identifying Hamas.
And that was in a different thread.

What kind of game is this you're playing?
It's really annoying.
I am not posting directly to you. If I do so, I will tag you.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Israel attacked Hamas in the Gaza Strip from my understanding. Which Hamas did expect and it did happen.
Ok. I will modify my statement.

Hamas attacked Israel and then, as expected, Israel attacked Palestine.

That is a very important distinction.

Kathryn

This is good.
But be aware that merely putting my
moniker in your post will not alert me.
It must be preceded it with "@".

Posting "Kathryn" won't alert you.
Posting "@Kathryn" will.
Right. I know that. Like I said, I've gone back through the two threads and if the question was only addressed to you and you hadn't already answered the question, I added @Revoltingest.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Kathryn....
Do you still not acknowledge that I answered
your question about who attacked Israel?
You've not addressed this issue....at least
not in this thread or any other I've seen.

Kathryn

@Kathryn....
Do you still not acknowledge that I answered
your question about who attacked Israel?
You've not addressed this issue....at least
not in this thread or any other I've seen.
Sure, you and others addressed the question eventually, in the two threads in which I asked the question.