• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student Protests Against Israel Are Wonderful

Ignatius A

And exactly what harm are they putting them in the way of? Where is that harm coming from?
People defending themselves against the deranged ferocity of a group so saturated in hate that they put innocent's in the way of those people. Cowards. Tell Hamas to stop hiding behind their mothers burka.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Here's what I believe: I believe that Hamas attacked Israel/the Gaza Strip October 7th. I believe they knew the US is a country divided, but that we supply major arms and aid to Israel and they chose this time, as well as knowing that Israel would 1) attack innocent people and 2) accept US aid.

Ignatius A

This of course takes us back to the wife-beating example made by another in the thread. Israel has OVERWHELMING military power compared to all of Hamas, and the folks living in Gaza. At some point they have to take responsibility for the MASSIVE OVERKILL they are literally and figuratively carrying out.
Is this a war-front, with collateral damage happening to the civilians who happen to running out into the shooting zone? Or is this more like a man throwing dynamite into a 20 foot diameter pond, because he wants to kill one trout fish in there, but not caring about the 50 sun-fish that also live in the water.

Hint: its the latter.
It's on Israel. So please stop fooling yourself.
Not not the same at all. If Israel is the wife beater and Hamas the wife the difference is this wife meant to eradicate her husband from the fa e of the earth. Maybe she's justified but she's stabbed her husband in his sleep a few times.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
People defending themselves against the deranged ferocity of a group so saturated in hate that they put innocent's in the way of those people.
You realize you're describing Israel there too, right? Israel also don't seem to care if there are innocent people in the way of their bombs. In fact, they don't even seem to care if they ONLY kill civilians.

Cowards. Tell Hamas to stop hiding behind their mothers burka.
Tell Israel to stop bombing civilians.

Ignatius A

Here's what I believe: I believe that Hamas attacked Israel/the Gaza Strip October 7th. I believe they knew the US is a country divided, but that we supply major arms and aid to Israel and they chose this time, as well as knowing that Israel would 1) attack innocent people and 2) accept US aid.
Exactly right and they also knew American leftists and leftist indoctrinated college students would serve as useful idiots for their cause. Every one of those pro Palestinian encampments on American campuses has had adults unaffiliated with the college in the protests.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I believe that if Israel stopped all bombing, Hamas would take over the Gaza Strip and probably all of Israel and my heart hurts for all the innocent people in Israel.

Ignatius A

You realize you're describing Israel there too, right? Israel also don't seem to care if there are innocent people in the way of their bombs. In fact, they don't even seem to care if they ONLY kill civilians.

Tell Israel to stop bombing civilians.
Right because the people in control of their country, Hamas, wants to eradicate jews from the face of the earth.

Hamas is putting civilians in the way.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I believe that if Israel stopped all bombing, Hamas would take over the Gaza Strip
Firstly, they're already in control of the Gaza strip.

Secondly, since the Gaza strip is effectively controlled by Israel, this means basically nothing.

Thirdly, the Gaza strip right now is basically just a massive grave. Not a great strategic resource.

and probably all of Israel and my heart hurts for all the innocent people in Israel.
Oh yeah, absolutely. That's why, whenever Israel don't commit war crimes, Hamas are always conquering Israel with incredible ease. Israel's defense absolutely depends on their absolute commitment to never stopping bombing civilians.

Ignatius A

Okay, I'm tired of you going around in circles. According to you, it's totally fine for Israel to do war crimes because "Hamas are mean".
I'm not. Not what I said at all but you have to do you. Here's what you can't or more likely don't want to grasp is, given that hamas has explicitly stated it wants to eradicate jews from the face of the earth it's not surprising that Jews are unrelenting in their pursuit of survival. I dont like their tactics and you don't like their tactics but I'm not to harsh on people fighting for their lives.

Ignatius A

Who attacked the Gaza Strip October 7th? I mean, Revoltingest won't answer the question, but maybe you will.
What they want to ignore is Hamas has no desire whatsoever to live peacefully with Israel. That's the one absolute fact that hangs around their necks like an anchor.

Ignatius A

I just want @Revoltingest or @ImmrtalFlame to answer this question.
They never will. They would say something like, "That doesn't justify killing civilians". They would have us believe that if Israel would just stop bombing, Hamas would magically begin working toward peace. Anyone who believes that still believes in Santa

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Then I want you to say it. "Just because Hamas are evil/genocidal/whatever, it doesn't justify Israel committing war crimes".

Not what I said at all
You've repeatedly said it's justified to bomb civilians and refuse to acknowledge Israel's blame for war crimes.

but you have to do you. Here's what you can't or more likely don't want to grasp is, given that hamas has explicitly stated it wants to eradicate jews from the face of the earth it's not surprising that Jews are unrelenting in their pursuit of survival.
And in what way does committing war crimes on civilians aid in their survival?

I dont like their tactics
Their war crimes tactics?

and you don't like their tactics but I'm not to harsh on people fighting for their lives.
Or on people doing war crimes.

Meanwhile, you seem very hard on Gazans who are fighting for their lives. You regard them as necessary collateral, as long as Israelis are safe. They just all get to die.