• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
crown-Denmark-helmet-form-enamel-gold-stones-1670.jpg

Brickjectivity

Brick Block
Staff member
Premium Member
I know, so why does my dentist want to put one on my tooth

Tooth-with-tilted-golden-crown.jpg
I respect the importance of dentistry, however it is full of money grubbing work makers. They will order unnecessary procedures, and nobody but another dentist will be able to gainsay their opinion about it. On the other hand your insurance might try to block procedures that you need. Between the two...

Jack Sprat could eat no fat. His wife could eat no lean. And so between the two of them they licked the platter clean.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Finding a good dentist can be hard. We had a great one who finally retired. He sold the business to a couple who did not do a good job and pushed unneeded crap so we found another dentist. One secret was to find a dentist with a very busy practice. It's not a perfect way to choose but in our case the new one is very good - no unneeded crap.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm Canadian, and use the metric system. Here that would be going from almost boiling water to room temp.
Some of us know about the degrees C or even K. But I live in a primitive culture that worships F, inches, paper dollars, worthless pennies and much more.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The 10-day forecast in my region predicts highs in the 90s and 0% chance of rain. I would expect our first 100-degree day of the year to hit within the next few weeks. (100°F = 37.7778°C)

At least in terms of weather reports, it sounds much more poetic to say "we hit the century mark" as opposed to "it reached 37.7778 degrees today."

On the Celsius scale, only 37 degrees exist between "really hot" and "freezing," whereas with Fahrenheit, it's 68 degrees of separation between "really hot" and "freezing." And even below freezing, temperatures in the teens and 20s aren't too bad, but once it gets "below zero" in Fahrenheit, then you know it's really super cold.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think I might try the local chamber of commerce for business info because these Score mentors have been useless. I ask for any sort of information, books, websites, forums, anything to help fill in the deep and vast chasm of ignorance I have regarding handling the money with a business and how to use it best to grow and not overstretch it. Even taxes, I don't know that.
The only thing I got was the very super obvious (though maybe not as I've heard if many who don't) thing of paying yourself a salary. Nothing else. No where to turn, nowhere to look, I have made some mistakes that cost me a lot in time, this is an area I really can't be learning entirely on the fly because those mistakes can cost way more than time amd this "mentor" left me stranded to stumble around figuring it all out on my own.

Wirey

Fartist
I have to climb a 260 foot incinerator stack, all ladders, just to take one lousy picture. Doesn't anything ever break at ground level?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have to climb a 260 foot incinerator stack, all ladders, just to take one lousy picture. Doesn't anything ever break at ground level?
No drone? Seems like it would be easier, safer and cheaper than hiring one of us former ape like tree climbers who gave that up ages ago.