• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Bee swarm at Chase Field:

Hilton said that he left his son's tee ball game in Sunrise, Ariz., and drove about 30 miles to Chase Stadium. He put on a beekeeper outfit and used a scissor lift to ride under the bee swarm. The lift then elevated Hilton closer to danger before he used a non-pesticide spray on the swarm and vacuumed up the bees.

The crowd chanted "MVP" for the pest control ace as he was lowered back down to the field level. The Beatles' "Let it Bee" and Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero" played through the stadium speakers during the sequence.

Hilton then took to the mound, while still in his beekeeper outfit, and buzzed in his ceremonial first pitch.

"I didn't feel very prepared," Hilton said. "I'm not the best thrower in the world. ... It definitely wasn't a strike."

Hilton said there was a high probability that the pests were Africanized honey bees, also known as killer bees

They probably were killer bees.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Wu Wei

So what's a good reasonable prayer for today?
And the Lord spake, saying, “First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Wu Wei

My shoulder needs to cooperate and quit hurting.
My shoulders are stiff and my arms are sore from the wrist to the elbow...and only there, on both arms....and I have no energy..... I blame the booster shot I had to get yesterday for my upcoming China trip

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Somehow for me this fits today

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip for March 17, 2024

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The local forecast is calling for a 1% chance of rain from 2p to 6p this afternoon. 1% chance of rain. The remainder of the day, it says 0% chance.

4c06ceae614ed7ccef749de96cf79ad9.jpg

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
This thread is cracking me up. Also, weirdly, my knee hurts very badly. I did not injure it to my knowledge. It just started hurting. Strange.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The average ticket price for the Kentucky Derby this weekend is $1000. The best seats are as high as $16,000.

I wonder if @We Never Know or @icehorse is in this year's race.

The opening parimutuel odds show Fierceness (5/2), Sierra Leone (3/1) Catching Freedom (8/1), Just a Touch (10/1) and the Japanese horse Forever Young (10/1) as the top favorites and win contenders in the 20-horse field. Will any of these leading 3-year-olds win the Run for the Roses and prove best in the 2024 Kentucky Derby?

Tune in on NBC Saturday, May 4 at 6:57 p.m. ET from Churchill Downs for Race 12 and the 2024 Kentucky Derby, with a record prize pool of $5 million. The $1.5 million Kentucky Oaks is Race 11 on Friday, May 3 at 5:51 p.m. ET, with 14 3-year-old fillies looking to cash in.

giphy.gif

Wu Wei

Strange day.... inside I'm just chill, calm, relaxed.... body, especially arms, are tense..... ears muffled.... with a slight headache