• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“ I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration”

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Opinion | I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

I know this was mentioned in another thread, but I felt this was significant enough to get a separate thread.

Who do you think this anonymous person is? Do you think we will find out? And when?

I know certain people are going to try to normalize this. But this is not normal. We did not see anyone in the Obama administration trying to thwart his agenda, or talk about the 25th amendment. Nor did we see this in the Bush or Clinton administrations. I do not think this has ever happened before.

This will have historical ramifications.

Last edited:

Jumi

Frankly, sounds improbable to me. Though it would be nice to think people would block such things like torture, but perhaps there is a large enough conspiracy covering for each other that they haven't gotten caught for it yet. However if true, we'll probably have more than one Snowden up.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have no idea who it might be but it reads true. I write this because the author is clearly a Conservative who is happy with policies I find objectionable. Also, what he writes about, a two-track administration, with agencies obviously ignoring his desires, is obvious and goes way beyond Sessions.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Frankly, sounds improbable to me. Though it would be nice to think people would block such things like torture, but perhaps there is a large enough conspiracy covering for each other that they haven't gotten caught for it yet. However if true, we'll probably have more than one Snowden up.
It is incredible. But I am going to go out on s limb and say I don’t think the NYT would have published this if they didn’t know who wrote it.

Also look at the White House response. Trumps called the person a traitor. Huckabee-Sanders said this person should resign. They didn’t start shouting “fake news” or denying that this person exited.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
His son-in-law.
It was Ivanka who had Bannon fired...put 2 and 2 together.

btw ...Bannon ,who was determining in the formation of our Nationalist-Populist Government clearly told our media who misguides the POTUS....

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
There is a theory that it could be Mike Pence. Based particularly on this paragraph
We may no longer have Senator McCain. But we will always have his example — a lodestar for restoring honor to public life and our national dialogue. Mr. Trump may fear such honorable men, but we should revere them.
Who else uses the word “lodestar”?
If it is not Pence, it is someone trying to sound like Pence.

I think I am leaning towards the Pence theory right now. He has the most to gain.

stvdv

Veteran Member
Who do you think this anonymous person is? Do you think we will find out? And when?

The article says its a senior who does not want to be fired. Knowing D.Trump, he will be fired if D.Trump is president, so we find out if he is not president anymore.

I am still surprised. Obvious D.Trump is a narcissist. Do you really expect such an extreme narcissist to ever act morally. I mean he does not even understand the meaning of it?

If America decide to keep him president, its to get something out of it themselves which they won't get in a "moral way", so they need an immoral president. Who to blame who?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is a theory that it could be Mike Pence. Based particularly on this paragraph

Who else uses the word “lodestar”?
If it is not Pence, it is someone trying to sound like Pence.

I think I am leaning towards the Pence theory right now. He has the most to gain.
Possibly. The claim about not wanting to get fired could be an attempt to draw attention away from him. I don't think that tRump can fire Pence. He could isolate him but can't force him to resign.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Possibly. The claim about not wanting to get fired could be an attempt to draw attention away from him. I don't think that tRump can fire Pence. He could isolate him but can't force him to resign.
Interesting theory. I have been waiting for a Dump Trump movement to surface in the Republican party, as they start to realise that association with Trump is going to damage their electoral prospects for years to come. So Pence can come through as saviour of the nation, perhaps. But it does look rather unprofessional to sound off about it in the press.

I suppose the alternative would be someone who is already on the exit ramp, has little to lose and wants to salvage his reputation for integrity by doing a bit of whistle-blowing. Sessions?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Improbable. Here in Italy it is a given we all know that there is a powerful front in his administration who is influencing him negatively.

Our PM wants to lift the sanctions on Russia and pushed Trump to meet Putin to start the process.
But someone dissuaded him from continuing.
Pence is not that powerful.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
>inb4 it's Trump himself, and he's sitting on the toilet whilst eating some chicken and laughing hysterically at this thread, and the many like it in the far corners of the internet.
:eek:
Now that's the primo theory right there.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

I know this was mentioned in another thread, but I felt this was significant enough to get a separate thread.

I know certain people are going to try to normalize this. But this is not normal. We did not see anyone in the Obama administration trying to thwart his agenda, or talk about the 25th amendment. Nor did we see this in the Bush or Clinton administrations. I do not think this has ever happened before.

Hello.

"The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making."

Yep, that jibes with my (outsider's) take on the man.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I'm sure some hopeful anti-Trumpeteers are creaming their pants over this but with mid-terms right around the corner and the "anonymous source" and "anonymous author" I find it dubious at best, I'm just waiting for the the much less publicized retraction and apology at a later date. Nice touch attempting to tap into the seeming need of some lefties to appear to be an oppressed fighter for goodness and light, this isn't Star Wars.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It took decades before the identity of 'Deep Throat' was revealed, but it was eventually revealed.

One aspect of this is that there is clearly more than one person who is working to keep the president from significantly harming the country. This article may well be a joint work.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
This administration is fantastic. I might as well cancel my Netflix subscription, this is entertainment enough!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I have no idea who wrote it or whether we'll ever find out who it is. Woodward kept Deep Throat's identity a secret for decades after Watergate.

It's hard to say what any of this means or what the ramifications might be. Until the identity of this person is revealed and the information they offer is verified, this will be more of a curiosity than anything else. Kind of like Carly Simon's "You're So Vain."

In the case of Deep Throat (aka Mark Felt), he was feeding tips to Woodward, who followed up and investigated, which led to the downfall of the Nixon Administration. This editorial seems quite a bit different, more like the rantings of a disgruntled employee.

One line that struck me was this: "The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making."

I have little doubts about the president's amorality, but I do question the abilities of individuals at that high level of society to be able to properly gauge or judge someone else's morality. I happen to think once someone reaches a certain level of power, wealth, or prestige in this society, their perceptions of morality become skewed, and they're no longer qualified to judge on that basis.

Another point raised: "Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright."

This is interesting, since it implies that Trump is not really a Republican, so it would seem that the standard lines of argumentation between conservatives and liberals wouldn't necessarily apply in debates over the current administration. This might also explain why Trump resonated with large segments of the working class, since he was clearly seen as different from other Republicans.

However, I disagree strongly with the author's assertion about the "ideals long espoused by conservatives." While it's true that they've rabidly, obsessively, and zealously argued for free markets, the notion that conservatives favor "free minds" and "free people" has been a sick joke for a long time now.

It's that kind of endless BS coming out of the ruling class that eventually turned off a lot of voters, which is why they started listening to Trump at all.

If the author of this editorial does not understand this, while he/she continues spewing the same canned BS that politicians have been spewing for decades, then he/she indicates that they're more a part of the problem than a part of the solution.

Another point raised: "The bigger concern is not what Mr. Trump has done to the presidency but rather what we as a nation have allowed him to do to us. We have sunk low with him and allowed our discourse to be stripped of civility."

"We" as a nation have allowed our leaders to do a lot of things to us. We've sunk low many, many, many times, and public discourse was stripped of civility decades ago. The only thing that's really different now is that certain people in certain positions in society who felt untouchable and invulnerable to criticism are now beginning to realize just how uncivil they've allowed things to become.

What's really happened is that a lot of people in insulated ivory towers have been so out of touch for so long that it's only now that they're beginning to realize that there are problems. They've been living in an Orwellian delusion for so long that they just didn't see this coming at all. They didn't anticipate this, and it indicates widespread political myopia on the part of the ruling class. That, in and of itself, is rather disturbing and far more worrisome than a cantankerous president.

The fact that they believe that "we" are sinking low with Trump would indicate that they've been utterly clueless about how low "we" have been all along.

"Senator John McCain put it best in his farewell letter. All Americans should heed his words and break free of the tribalism trap, with the high aim of uniting through our shared values and love of this great nation."

The irony here is that it would be so incredibly simple to aim high and bring about greater unity in this country. The main obstacle has been those at the upper crust of society, the ones who have engineered and created this dog-eat-dog society and an economic system ruled by vultures and sharks. After decades of foreclosures, layoffs, and outsourcing, taking people's livelihoods, imposing a police state, a war on drugs where people are thrown in prison just for possessing a weed - they now want people to make nice?

They claim they want "unity," but they're not willing to pay the price. They're not willing to put their money where their mouth is, and they believe they can continue to thrive on BS. If you live by BS, you die by BS. That's the lesson they should have learned a long time ago. That's the lesson we can still learn now, but after all the rhetoric and endless debates over the "Orange Man," I'm convinced that this quagmire will never really end until it is blown up completely and we have to start over from scratch.