• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“ I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration”

ecco

Veteran Member
If you don't know that wannabe dictators attack, diminish, outlaw, eliminate the Press, I suggest you need to read up on history.

Has the press been eliminated?
I notice in your reply you intentionally ignored "diminish" and "attack". Why is that? Would that have forced you to begin to recognize that your president is doing just what other wannabe dictators have always done.

All wannabe dictators go as far as they think they can get away with. Right now the best Trump can do is attack and diminish.

While you are busy compiling lists, here is another one you might want to work on. For all countries...
Rate them on a scale of one to ten. One being absolute dictatorship. Ten being completely free and open society. (I realize that there may not be any/many 1's or 8 or 9's). Next to each give a score of one to ten regarding freedom of the press. One for No Press except for one run and tightly controlled by a State Media. Eight or nine for what we currently have in this Country.

See any correlation?

Who wanted to ban RT news?
I just did a Google search on "Ban RT News".
No, RT should not be banned from broadcasting
CNN Could Be Banned by Russia After RT Ordered to Register As a foreign Agent

Are you referring to a Bill by McCain and Graham that apparently didn't get approved?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I notice in your reply you intentionally ignored "diminish" and "attack". Why is that? Would that have forced you to begin to recognize that your president is doing just what other wannabe dictators have always done.

All wannabe dictators go as far as they think they can get away with. Right now the best Trump can do is attack and diminish.

While you are busy compiling lists, here is another one you might want to work on. For all countries...
Rate them on a scale of one to ten. One being absolute dictatorship. Ten being completely free and open society. (I realize that there may not be any/many 1's or 8 or 9's). Next to each give a score of one to ten regarding freedom of the press. One for No Press except for one run and tightly controlled by a State Media. Eight or nine for what we currently have in this Country.

See any correlation?

Are you referring to a Bill by McCain and Graham that apparently didn't get approved?

I don't do others homework, if you are that concerned with the topics you wish to see feel free to create threads on them.
You may want to look a little deeper on the RT news issue instead of posting the first things you come across, some personal thoughts on the matter would be nice as well.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member

See any correlation?

I don't do others homework, if you are that concerned with the topics you wish to see feel free to create threads on them.
I never asked you to do my homework. I suggested that you do some for yourself to get an understanding of the history of the free press when dictators take over.

Also, I noticed again in your reply you intentionally ignored "diminish" and "attack". Why is that? Would that have forced you to begin to recognize that your president is doing just what other wannabe dictators have always done.

You may want to look a little deeper on the RT news issue instead of posting the first things you come across, some personal thoughts on the matter would be nice as well.
Pot Kettle Black. You posted "Who wanted to ban RT?" Where were your personal thoughts?

I did a little research and posted what I found. If you wanted to engage in a discussion of the banning of RT perhaps you should have taken the time to explain your position instead of just posting an open ended question.

It seems you are trying to deflect the conversation to RT in order to ignore the problem of Trump acting like a petty wannabe dictator by attacking and diminishing the Press?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You cut out "of the United States". That means something in US law.
Yes. According to US law the vote of "we the people" does not matter, but Trump still lost according to "we the people." It is the law that was established for the intention to act against slave-owning states that creates a privileged class who's vote does matter. That is how Trump won, not because the people favored him.

Shad

Veteran Member
Yes. According to US law the vote of "we the people" does not matter, but Trump still lost according to "we the people." It is the law that was established for the intention to act against slave-owning states that creates a privileged class who's vote does matter. That is how Trump won, not because the people favored him.

No. The part you cut off contains an insight to how to the federal government formed; States. If you actually looked at the history of the EC and Congress you would know the slave-states didn't get what they wanted, neither did the North. Look up the 3/5 compromise. Yet all this is moot now as those rights have been extended to almost every citizen.

This is how every president has won....by the EC. The popular vote not being aligned with the EC is irrelevant to winning. Salty.....

Shadow Wolf

No. The part you cut off contains an insight to how to the federal government formed; States. If you actually looked at the history of the EC and Congress you would know the slave-states didn't get what they wanted, neither did the North. Look up the 3/5 compromise. Yet all this is moot now as those rights have been extended to almost every citizen.
The 3/5 Compromise was a measure against slave owning states to reduce their population count to reduce their influence at the Federal level, as was the EC. We don't have any slaves anymore, and this are definitely areas that are in need of updating, as per the suggestion of Thomas Jefferson.
This is how every president has won....by the EC. The popular vote not being aligned with the EC is irrelevant to winning. Salty.....
It still stands the EC is not always representative of the electorate, and that "we the people" declined Trump.

Shad

Veteran Member
The 3/5 Compromise was a measure against slave owning states to reduce their population count to reduce their influence at the Federal level, as was the EC. We don't have any slaves anymore, and this are definitely areas that are in need of updating, as per the suggestion of Thomas Jefferson.

Which shows you were wrong as you said it was made for slave-state when in fact there was a compromise between what pro-slave states wanted and anti-slave states wanted.

It still stands the EC is not always representative of the electorate, and that "we the people" declined Trump.

It was not designed to but to specifically avoid tyranny of the majority such as NY and Cali deciding an election. The US is not a democracy. It is a Republic formed of sovereign colonies using a coalition based government. Everything you have said smacks of pro-federalists after the Civil War.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Which shows you were wrong as you said it was made for slave-state when in fact there was a compromise between what pro-slave states wanted and anti-slave states wanted.
I said it was made to hurt slave owning states as it ensured they couldn't count their slaves fully towards their population, and, of course, population directly translates to federal power. The North wanted it at 0, while the South wanted it at 1, so they compromised at 3/5 (and, yes, seeds of the North/South division were planted during this time)..
It was not designed to but to specifically avoid tyranny of the majority such as NY and Cali deciding an election.
While that may be, how is that any different from Florida and Ohio deciding election after election, leaving millions of people who's vote doesn't matter and many voters coming out to having more-or-less than a value of 1 towards their vote. But Republicans can win the popular even with New York and California. Bush Jr's first run and Trump are the only Republicans in modern politics to fail to do so.
Everything you have said smacks of pro-federalists after the Civil War.
Not surprising, as I support the ideas of Revolutionary-era Federalists.

Shad

Veteran Member
I said it was made to hurt slave owning states as it ensured they couldn't count their slaves fully towards their population, and, of course, population directly translates to federal power.

Yet you are linking a dead compromise which has no effect today to Trump winning while ignoring the same system worked for previous presidents. After all there are no more legal slaves. You are advocating for a direct democracy yet projecting what you think the founders meant based on quote-mining.

While that may be, how is that any different from Florida and Ohio deciding election after election, leaving millions of people who's vote doesn't matter and many voters coming out to having more-or-less than a value of 1 towards their vote.

Again the system is based on States.

But Republicans can win the popular even with New York and California. Bush Jr's first run and Trump are the only Republicans in modern politics to fail to do so.

Not surprising, as I support the ideas of Revolutionary-era Federalists.

They were not pro-democracy. The Party itself was against the masses voting without control hence support of the EC. Simply put they divide men (voting base of the time) into the elite and common man. They didn't believe the common man could improve to the point of being capable of working towards a better society as a whole. All choices were at the core selfish even if it happened to help others. The elite were those that could make choices which did not benefit themselves, could harm them and their status but would help the greater society. The elite directed the nation for the benefit of society regardless of the common man's views and choices.

You have confused the old Republican party (not GOP) with the Federalists. You have confused the Federalists views during the revolution with those post Civil War.