• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 in 50 Democrats want Donald Trump executed

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Except your poll does not support that anyone wants to execute Trump before he is convicted...

The actual question asked by the pollsters is:

If President Trump is found guilty of crimes associated with attempting to overturn the 2020 election, what, in your opinion, should be his punishment?​
You did note the very beginning of the question:

If President Trump is found guilty
Nicely spotted.

Shaul

Premium Member
Except your poll does not support that anyone wants to execute Trump before he is convicted...

The actual question asked by the pollsters is:

If President Trump is found guilty of crimes associated with attempting to overturn the 2020 election, what, in your opinion, should be his punishment?​
You did note the very beginning of the question:

If President Trump is found guilty
I didn't overlook it. What you are overlooking is that guilt is only one part of a conviction. The other is the determination of the sentence. Just as it is wrong to presume guilt it is also wrong to presume the appropriate sentence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
But he is only accused of doing that. Yes, it is troubling that so many want to execute someone who has never been found guilty of a crime.
Very few want that, amd thats according to a biased sourced. And we saw and heard what he did. He lied, he and his have been charged and found guilty of election fraud and witness tampering, amd we have his hate and fear laced speech where he told his followers to fight (even though they had lost) or they won't have a country.

Shaul

Premium Member
Very few want that, amd thats according to a biased sourced. And we saw and heard what he did. He lied, he and his have been charged and found guilty of election fraud and witness tampering, amd we have his hate and fear laced speech where he told his followers to fight (even though they had lost) or they won't have a country.
That is your opinion. It is troubling that ideologues of one major political party want the execution of a putative, non-convicted leader of an opposing political party executed even before any conviction. Placing opinions above a rule of law is a threat to the foundations of the nation.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I didn't overlook it.
So then why is it you posted:

" That one out of fifty of Democrats want someone executed who has never been convicted of treason is troubling to those that support a rule of law."​

What you are overlooking is that guilt is only one part of a conviction. The other is the determination of the sentence.
When did I overlook that?

Just as it is wrong to presume guilt it is also wrong to presume the appropriate sentence.
I call bovine feces.
If this had any lick of truth to it, then there would not be assigned punishments for crimes committed.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That is your opinion. It is troubling that ideologues of one major political party want the execution of a putative, non-convicted leader of an opposing political party executed even before any conviction. Placing opinions above a rule of law is a threat to the foundations of the nation.

Again: weird.

Just so we're clear: are you saying that it's wrong to form an opinion about any criminal before conviction, or is it only a problem when people do it for traitors you sympathize with?

BTW: something that is a threat to the foundations of your nation: trying to usurp the will of the people by overturning a democratic election.

Altfish

Veteran Member
That is according to a Rasmussen poll. The poll also found:
44% of likely voters think former President Trump is guilty for crimes related to the January 6th 2020 events and want him to be in prison,
7% of them think he should be imprisoned for life, and
3% want him exiled.

Among Democrats:
72% want him in prison,
12% think it should be for life, and
2% of Democrats want him executed.

Democrats Want Harsh Punishment for Trump

We live in troubling times.
I'd like to see similar figures for Republicans attitude to Biden.

Shaul

Premium Member
So then why is it you posted:

" That one out of fifty of Democrats want someone executed who has never been convicted of treason is troubling to those that support a rule of law."​
Because I was being clear that they wanted him executed even though he hasn't been convicted. That doesn't contradict what I wrote later.
When did I overlook that?
When you didn't include it.
I call bovine feces.
If this had any lick of truth to it, then there would not be assigned punishments for crimes committed.
The separation of guilt and punishment is a well established principle of the law.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Because I was being clear that they wanted him executed even though he hasn't been convicted. That doesn't contradict what I wrote later.
And I flat out said that you did not get that from the poll you presented.
Because the question that that number comes from starts with "If Trump is convicted..."

You then tried to back peddle with some nonsense that deciding a punish for a crime is just as wrong as wanting to execute soneone who has not been convicted.

Which I pointed out is just plain out right bovine feces because there are established punishments for crimes.

Now it appears are you just going to double down on your over dramatics.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The separation of guilt and punishment is a well established principle of the law.
Everybody know that famous legal maxim

Let the punishment fit the crime, or not fit the crime, whatever, doesn't matter, just roll the dice, nobody knows anyway.

1702579963461.jpeg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Fewer than those screaming "lock her up."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Too bad that I can't find a survey about Republicans and Biden that asks the same questions.