• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

13 year old girl denied abortion

Pah

Uber all member
PalmBeachPost said:
The girl's attorneys point to a 1989 decision by The Florida Supreme Court that struck down a law requiring a minor to get parental consent before having an abortion.
It is also ajudged the same way in Federal courts. Is there no respect for law?

robtex

Veteran Member
The article says there is no age limit for abortion or provision for parential consent. The judgement is illegal. They are breaking a law that they themselves passed. Florida is becoming a joke legally speaking.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Of course they are, but they know that while the rest of the world rolls it's eyes at these illegal maneuvers, at least God will smile on them for attempting to save human lives. :rolleyes:

TVOR

Fat Old Sun

Too much sun, too much orange juice, too much Disney?

I don't know what the hell is wrong with these people, but sometimes I can't believe I live in this state. :banghead3

jewscout

Religious Zionist
what in the hell is 13 year old girl doing having sex in the first place?!?!?!:areyoucra

Where the duece are the parents????

not parenting obviously...

seagull

jewscout said:
what in the hell is 13 year old girl doing having sex in the first place?!?!?!:areyoucra

From the first article:

"The girl is 13 weeks pregnant and a long-time ward of the state."

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
jewscout said:

My point exactly. It's seriously messed up these days, it makes me sick.

I was sitting in Biology and the teacher was talking about the negative long term effects of the pill. Then this girl starts fuming, saying "Then what ARE we supposed to do?!"

To which I blurted out before I could stop myself: "How about keeping your pants on?!"

jewscout

Religious Zionist
seagull said:
From the first article:

"The girl is 13 weeks pregnant and a long-time ward of the state."
ok and???:sarcastic
wasn't someone there?? an adult figure of somekind?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
seagull said:
What would you like to have had done? Would you have locked her up, or what?
of course not but was there no one there? No adult figure for her to be entrusted to? She's 13 for crying out loud! Did they expect her to raise herself?

jimbob

The Celt
jewscout said:

I completely agree. She shouldn't be allowed to have the abortion. Maybe she can figure out that she was a little young to be screwing.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
jimbob said:
... She shouldn't be allowed to have the abortion.
Don't tell me, let me guess - you think that since she is obviously incapable of raising the child that will be born from this pregnancy, the baby should be put up for adoption?
Naturally, this baby to be will be the first one chosen at the orphanage, even if it is born with severe birth defects.

jimbob said:
Maybe she can figure out that she was a little young to be screwing.
If only the rest of the world had your compassion and morals. I wonder if this girl has ever even had someone sit down with her and honestly discuss the facts of life? Better yet, what this THIRTEEN year old girl needs is a good lecture on abstinence. That would cure her of the natural curiosity that comes with youth. What she really should have done is grown up in the exact same circumstances that you and I did - how shortsighted of this girl to not have been more forward looking when she was five or six years old.

You are correct, Jimbob - she deserves her current lot in life. I say we force her to carry this fetus to term, and then make her live in subsidized housing for the rest of her life. If she begins to dabble in drugs (if she hasn't already), then we can lock her up, and let the state raise the baby. Now THAT sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?

TVOR

Melody

[The emergency appeal asks a judge to overturn the ruling that would essentially force the girl to become a mother.]

Someone needs to look up the definition of mother. Being capable of having, and birthing, an infant does not make you a mother.

In the second article the girl is quoted as saying she's not old enough to get a job and raise a baby. I agree but this is hardly a reason for killing another human being. She is, however, old enough to have sex and get pregnant....and deal with the consequences. There are many couples looking for infants so it should not be a problem to find a loving home for the infant.

Ceridwen018

They screwed up when they let her get pregnant. What are they doing to change that from happening to other girls in the future?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
[The emergency appeal asks a judge to overturn the ruling that would essentially force the girl to become a mother.]

Someone needs to look up the definition of mother. Being capable of having, and birthing, an infant does not make you a mother.

In the second article the girl is quoted as saying she's not old enough to get a job and raise a baby. I agree but this is hardly a reason for killing another human being. She is, however, old enough to have sex and get pregnant....and deal with the consequences. There are many couples looking for infants so it should not be a problem to find a loving home for the infant.
I completely agree. She shouldn't be allowed to have the abortion. Maybe she can figure out that she was a little young to be screwing.
[Sarcasm]Yes, because at her age, she made the decision to have sex while se was entirely capable of doing so. [/Sarcasm] She had no real guidance! And you blame her?!?!? That's disgusting! Have you ever thought that children at the age of thirteen might not be physically capable of giving birth without damage to their bodies? She should be allowed to have the abortion. Don't you think she's learned her lesson?!?!?

She deserves the right to choose in this situation. At her age, she might die from being forced to give birth!