• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

14 characteristics of fascism.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
I was referring to tolerance for the obese.

Let he who has never eaten a Cheeto throw the first scone.
They aren't obese because of socio-economic issues they are obese because they are gluttons. If you think it is because they are poor then explain Jerry Falwell to me. That is the way they choose to live breaking everyone of the Seven Deadlys. You shouldn't feel sorry or any tolerance for psychopaths. They have no empathy and they wouldn't show you the same

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
They aren't obese because of socio-economic issues they are obese because they are gluttons. If you think it is because they are poor then explain Jerry Falwell to me. That is the way they choose to live breaking everyone of the Seven Deadlys. You shouldn't feel sorry or any tolerance for psychopaths. They have no empathy and they wouldn't show you the same
I don’t doubt in many cases people are responsible for their own obesity. None of us are perfect. I carry a few extra kg myself, and it is my own fault. That does not make me a psychopath.

The Reverend Bob

Yeah and you crossed the Delaware with Washington and fought the British on Bunker Hill, took a ride with Revere and helped Jefferson write the Constitution. You did all that to bring us liberty and given that achievement you take pride because you did all that

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Yeah and you crossed the Delaware with Washington and fought the British on Bunker Hill, took a ride with Revere and helped Jefferson write the Constitution. You did all that to bring us liberty and given that achievement you take pride because you did all that

I didn't participate in the abolition of slavery but I'm proud we got rid of it. I didn't take part in the civil rights movement or women's suffrage, but I'm proud we did it. Don't have to be directly involved with something to take pride in it.

You act like America has nothing to be proud of. We are one of the greatest countries on earth that is just a fact. Otherwise so many wouldn't be try to immigrate here. Nobodies illegally immigrating to Somalia...

The Reverend Bob

I didn't participate in the abolition of slavery but I'm proud we got rid of it. I didn't take part in the civil rights movement or women's suffrage, but I'm proud we did it. Don't have to be directly involved with something to take pride in it.

You act like America has nothing to be proud of. We are one of the greatest countries on earth that is just a fact. Otherwise so many wouldn't be try to immigrate here. Nobodies illegally immigrating to Somalia...
We? You had nothing to do with any of it. So there is no "we". You are just resting your laurels on the achievements of others. There is no "we" involved.

The Reverend Bob

Ok, but let us have empathy for the overweight. There is no correlation between size and the capacity for empathy.
So, you are saying that we should feel sorry for people who purposely stuff themselves mindlessly while others suffer because of the things they've done? Sorry, but that is a hard pass. I have no empathy for those who have no empathy

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
We? You had nothing to do with any of it. So there is no "we". You are just resting your laurels on the achievements of others. There is no "we" involved.

Sure there is. We are all Americans. It's not like you participated in any of these events either. You aren't old enough to have.

And I'm not resting. I fight to keep America a great place. Unlike people like you that think its p00p.:p A little patriotism would do ya some good. ;)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Nothing wrong with Nationalism/Patriotism in itself. Dunno why the left is trying to turn it into a naughty word.

That's because the right has twisted it to mean "questioning the president/government (unless it's Dem) means that you're a treasonous traitor who hates your country".

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
And I'm not resting. I fight to keep America a great place. Unlike people like you that think its p00p.:p A little patriotism would do ya some good. ;)

Funny... doesn't the term "make america great again" imply that those who say this believe that it apparently stopped being great at some point?

Bob the Unbeliever

Along the way, there have been some disappointments, such as failing to replace Obamacare, fund a big infrastructure plan, and build the border wall.

But the White House believes that despite a lack of media coverage of his accomplishments, supporters know about them and will head to the voting polls to help the GOP maintain control of the House and keep the president on what CNN dubbed a “winning streak.”

In the Washington Post Friday, former Bush speechwriter and columnist Marc Thiessen agreed and said that Trump has proven to be successful at keeping his campaign promises. He wrote, “The fact is, in his first two years, Trump has compiled a remarkable record of presidential promise-keeping.”

"winning streak" was written as SARCASM. Seriously.

The list:
Economic Growth
  • 4.2 percent growth in the second quarter of 2018.
  • For the first time in more than a decade, growth is projected to exceed 3 percent over the calendar year.

Omama's work-- not tЯump's.
Jobs
  • 4 million new jobs have been created since the election, and more than 3.5 million since Trump took office.
  • More Americans are employed now than ever before in our history.
  • Jobless claims at lowest level in nearly five decades.
  • The economy has achieved the longest positive job-growth streak on record.
  • Job openings are at an all-time high and outnumber job seekers for the first time on record.
  • Unemployment claims at 50 year low
  • African-American, Hispanic, and Asian-American unemployment rates have all recently reached record lows.
    • African-American unemployment hit a record low of 5.9 percent in May 2018.
    • Hispanic unemployment at 4.5 percent.
    • Asian-American unemployment at record low of 2 percent.
  • Women’s unemployment recently at lowest rate in nearly 65 years.
    • Female unemployment dropped to 3.6 percent in May 2018, the lowest since October 1953.
  • Youth unemployment recently reached its lowest level in more than 50 years.
    • July 2018’s youth unemployment rate of 9.2 percent was the lowest since July 1966.
  • Veterans’ unemployment recently hit its lowest level in nearly two decades.
    • July 2018’s veterans’ unemployment rate of 3.0 percent matched the lowest rate since May 2001.
  • Unemployment rate for Americans without a high school diploma recently reached a record low.
  • Rate for disabled Americans recently hit a record low.
  • Blue-collar jobs recently grew at the fastest rate in more than three decades.
  • Poll found that 85 percent of blue-collar workers believe their lives are headed “in the right direction.”
    • 68 percent reported receiving a pay increase in the past year.
  • Last year, job satisfaction among American workers hit its highest level since 2005.
  • Nearly two-thirds of Americans rate now as a good time to find a quality job.
    • Optimism about the availability of good jobs has grown by 25 percent.
  • Added more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since the election.
    • Manufacturing employment is growing at its fastest pace in more than two decades.
  • 100,000 new jobs supporting the production & transport of oil & natural gas.

Obama. Again.
I'm not even going to scan the rest of the pack of PURE LIES.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
The point that I want people to consider is that even if you don’t believe your country will become a fascist state, even going part way down this road can have devastating consequences to people’s lives.

Yup - we're seeing extremism at both ends of the spectrum. I for one dearly hope that we'll end up a bit left of where we are - more or less where we were between the 50s and the 80s.