• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

A

angellous_evangellous

Hey TW, did you put the words on that photo yourself or did someone else?

Just_me_Mike

Really Mike?
"move the goalposts"?
I have given you at least three instances of failed End Times prophesy, albeit one provided only by members of his church in the '70's.

I have provided numerous instances of failures in Camping's past predictions.

Perhaps Camping should have headed Mark Twain...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

:facepalm: Admit the photo which implies that Camping has set three specific dates to end the world on is false. OR at least based on hearsay and we can move on. You have failed to do so, and instead are hedging your bet on something a member said in the 70's
Real simply man. It doesn't matter about the other stuff, true or not. I want you to man up to this.
If you recall it was my ONLY rebuttal way back on the page you posted that photo. It is YOU that has gone off on a tangent about all the other stuff. :rolleyes:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
1978 never happened.
Former members of his church say it did. I have conceded hearsay. But to say it never happened is to call those people liars.
1994 was questionable, as the title of the book suggested
'Are You Ready?', Page 316

"The second reason the year A.D. 2044 as well as any other year other than A.D. 1994 must be rejected as having any possibility of being the year of Christ's return is the fact that none of these will harmonize with the numerous Biblical time paths that were identified in the book 1994?.".

2011 is still to be determined.
Third times the charm...

Just_me_Mike

That's not going to happen.

Unless, of course, you can show that somehow TW is misinterpreting the quotes that he uses to come to that conclusion...... and you haven't done that, yet.
I have done that over and over. I asked for facts about the three dates SPECIFIC to the last day of the world, and TW came back with 1978.
Which was something a member back in the 70's said about Camping. It is not even relevant. Camping has manned up to all his mistakes, but this info about 1978 is simply a lie.

A

angellous_evangellous

I have done that over and over. I asked for facts about the three dates SPECIFIC to the last day of the world, and TW came back with 1978.
Which was something a member back in the 70's said about Camping. It is not even relevant. Camping has manned up to all his mistakes, but this info about 1978 is simply a lie.

No, you haven't.

You've generalized about the quotes but you haven't actually addressed them.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Hey TW, did you put the words on that photo yourself or did someone else?
Found it while researching Camping.

I find it quite reasonable to believe the Camping did make a prophesy of '78.
However, if it will make Mike feel better, since Camping did not write it down in a book, or have it recorded on his Family Radio show, we can remove it from the list and focus on written and recorded false prophesies.

A

angellous_evangellous

However, if it will make Mike feel better, since Camping did not write it down in a book, or have it recorded on his Family Radio show, we can remove it from the list and focus on written and recorded false prophesies.

It looks to me like the picture was created a week ago.

Harold Camping Motivator by *BrokenEye3 on deviantART

A

angellous_evangellous

I think that it's irrelevant. We have 1988, 1994, and then 2011. Peice of cake.

Just_me_Mike

No thanks, I am to busy to do that. If you recall I did not invite you to talk about a bunch of other stuff. I simply said

"third time?" get your facts straight.
It took this many pages to not even really admit, but grudgingly say "oh I guess I'll concede".

Give me a break man. We could have avoided all this if you were able to focus for one second on the point I was making.

As for all his other predictions, he admits to mistakes, and chalks it up to progressive revelation. This is fair game for you, and I won't get in your way at all. As I said, I simply wanted you to admit the photo was not reliable.

You also say you believe he would have predicted 1978, but why? He admits to everything else, but he is going to hide 1978? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Enjoy your tirade...

Just_me_Mike

I am not disputing he made a host of bad predictions. Hello? Anyone hear me?
I am only saying that 1994 was his only specific end of the world prediction, and now 2011.
Not 3.
Guys I was only talking about the photo.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Or...

[youtube]NMpE3kp8JN8[/youtube]

Four Watches

The first was Sept 6, 1994

:48-:50
192 days after Sept 6th, landing on the Feast of Purim, which was March 1995

1:07
Sept 24th, 1995

2:00
April 3, 1996

Now we have May 21, 2011.

I am beginning to lose count...that is more than three isn't it?

Just_me_Mike

Or...

[youtube]NMpE3kp8JN8[/youtube]

Four Watches

The first was Sept 6, 1994

:48-:50
192 days after Sept 6th, landing on the Feast of Purim, which was March 1995

1:07
Sept 24th, 1995

2:00
April 3, 1996

Now we have May 21, 2011.

I am beginning to lose count...that is more than three isn't it?
great clip. It is alarming to hear him say such things.
I suppose there are only a few days left to see if he is wrong again.

Maybe your photo is correct, maybe it undercounted. Maybe he has predicted it 6 times. In hind sight I don't know him personally, and have not heard every word out of his mouth since he has been teaching.
However, that clip is certainly disturbing.

See how easy it is for me to concede?