• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
From '1994?', by Harold Camping.

Chapter 13, "The Year of Christ's Return Continues to Unfold".

Page 495

"We must conclude that the return of Christ will not be 2011 A.D."

Just_me_Mike

OK, man. :D

Perhaps a better tactic would be to just say that whatever Camping wrote or said in the past is irrelevant, and despite these previous sayings, you believe that he is correct this time.

As a matter of curiousity, have you ever read the books that TW is quoting from?
Yes I have read them.
It is quite simple AE, he shouldn't have posted that photo, and we would not be having this discussion.
Again, I have no problem with discussing general failed prophesy etc... But he decided to make it specific, and now won't man up to it. Instead is burying my only point with irrelevant info. Case closed...

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
From '1994?', by Harold Camping.

Chapter 13, "The Year of Christ's Return Continues to Unfold".

Page 495

"We must conclude that the return of Christ will not be 2011 A.D."

"Predicted dates passed by and the world continues to exist...Thus the prophets who made the predictions have been shown to be without authority and without wisdom". (1994?, Pg. 311).

Just_me_Mike

"Predicted dates passed by and the world continues to exist...Thus the prophets who made the predictions have been shown to be without authority and without wisdom". (1994?, Pg. 311).
:sleep:This is like watching a dog chew on his on leg TW.

Until you address my one grievance with you, I can not move on with you. Why are you deliberately avoiding it?

Just_me_Mike

Camping manned up to these, and admitted he was without wisdom. He admitted he made mistakes. He has never had an issue of admitting mistakes. Unlike you at the current moment. :rolleyes:

A

angellous_evangellous

Yes I have read them.
It is quite simple AE, he shouldn't have posted that photo, and we would not be having this discussion.
Again, I have no problem with discussing general failed prophesy etc... But he decided to make it specific, and now won't man up to it. Instead is burying my only point with irrelevant info. Case closed...

I don't understand why you're so worked up about this. Do you think that TW is making fun of Camping?

Even if you do think that there are specific differences in the prophesies, (1) Camping made them, (2) they all have the general quality of prophesying the end of the world, and (3) there are at least three of them. That's enough to justify the picture, and TW has offered more than enough proof to demonstrate the validity of all three points (and more).

If you can somehow disprove these points, I'd love to read it, but so far you've just been lashing out.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
harold_camping_motivator_by_brokeneye3-d3dq2yy.jpg

1. 1978- As reported by former members of the Almeda Church. (Hearsay)
  2. 1994- As predicted in Campings books '1994?' and 'Are You Ready?', followed by a warning that Christmas 1994 "may be the date".
  3. May 21st, 2011-Third times the charm...

Funny how Mike focuses on the picture he finds so offensive and ignores the failed prophesies of an obviously delusional man.

Just_me_Mike

harold_camping_motivator_by_brokeneye3-d3dq2yy.jpg

1. 1978- As reported by former members of the Almeda Church. (Hearsay)
  2. 1994- As predicted in Campings books '1994?' and 'Are You Ready?', followed by a warning that Christmas 1994 "may be the date".
  3. May 21st, 2011-Third times the charm...

Funny how Mike focuses on the picture he finds so offensive and ignores the failed prophesies of an obviously delusional man.
I am not the one dodging... I called you out and you are afraid to admit you are wrong I guess. Point 1 here might as well say TW likes having sex with sheep???

So where is the third date?

Good TW, like a failed debater move the goal post. Good boy...

I don't mind looking at the other failed prophesy, but I want you to admit the picture is false. Which you haven't done, so I see no need in talking with a dishonest person.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Camping manned up to these, and admitted he was without wisdom. He admitted he made mistakes. He has never had an issue of admitting mistakes. Unlike you at the current moment. :rolleyes:
Is this what will happen on May 22?
Will Camping again "man up", admit he was without wisdom, admit he made mistakes, and follow up with a new date?

Will you still follow a man who repeatedly makes false prophesies?
Who has failed at least three times? Perhaps more?

Just_me_Mike

Is this what will happen on May 22?
Will Camping again "man up", admit he was without wisdom, admit he made mistakes, and follow up with a new date?

Will you still follow a man who repeatedly makes false prophesies?
Who has failed at least three times? Perhaps more?
Oh this could be so easy TW if you would stop sliming the thread up with dishonesty...

Just_me_Mike

BTW, TW in case you are slow and I am just not aware of a condition you have. Failing at 3 prophesies is not the same thing as giving three false dates. That would be two different things. Are you having delusions that are preventing you from seeing that?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
BW, TW in case you are slow and I am just not aware of a condition you have. Failing at 3 prophesies is not the same thing as giving three false dates. That would be two different things. Are you having delusions that are preventing you from seeing that?

Problem is, delivering three false dates is failing at three prophecies.
Otherwise, what have we reduced the argument to?

"God says the world will end?"
"When?"
"This day" (afterwards) "I was wrong, it's this one" (afterwards) "I was wrong again, this one"... how many times would you continue to follow a man who's pulled a date out of his hiney and has been wrong before?

Just_me_Mike

Again for the slow people in the class.
1978 never happened.
1994 was questionable, as the title of the book suggested
2011 is still to be determined.

That math says only 1 date has been wrong TW. It is pretty clear the photo is slanderous. I didn't realize that was the kind of guy you are.

A

angellous_evangellous

BTW, TW in case you are slow and I am just not aware of a condition you have. Failing at 3 prophesies is not the same thing as giving three false dates. That would be two different things. Are you having delusions that are preventing you from seeing that?

In what way? The prophesy gives the date, and the date is false.

Either he's not a prophet or he's a liar. :shrug:

Just_me_Mike

Problem is, delivering three false dates is failing at three prophecies.
Otherwise, what have we reduced the argument to?

"God says the world will end?"
"When?"
"This day" (afterwards) "I was wrong, it's this one" (afterwards) "I was wrong again, this one"... how many times would you continue to follow a man who's pulled a date out of his hiney and has been wrong before?
No, that is not the point. TW posted a photo of the guy, and it said 3rd time is a charm. Well this isn't the third time he predicted the end of the world. Instead of focusing on just that point, TW has decided to use this as a soapbox to point our a bunch of other material, which is valid I am sure, but I can not look at it until he mans up for his mistake. It is the principle to me, that apparently only I care about.

Your point is taken, my friend, I have no problem with that. Had TW said that, it would be a different story, instead he is snaking around trying to be slick or whatever. :rolleyes:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Good TW, like a failed debater move the goal post. Good boy...

Really Mike?
"move the goalposts"?
I have given you at least three instances of failed End Times prophesy, albeit one provided only by members of his church in the '70's.

I have provided numerous instances of failures in Camping's past predictions.

Perhaps Camping should have headed Mark Twain...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Just_me_Mike

In what way? The prophesy gives the date, and the date is false.

Either he's not a prophet or he's a liar. :shrug:
Because in this instance, the photo said he has already failed at two end of the world dates. That is a lie.

I am not contending with whether or not he made a million false predictions about other stuff, I am just trying to get TW to see his photo was in error.

A

angellous_evangellous

Because in this instance, the photo said he has already failed at two end of the world dates. That is a lie.

I am not contending with whether or not he made a million false predictions about other stuff, I am just trying to get TW to see his photo was in error.

That's not going to happen.

Unless, of course, you can show that somehow TW is misinterpreting the quotes that he uses to come to that conclusion...... and you haven't done that, yet.