• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

waitasec

Veteran Member
But what does that have to do with me working or not? I do happen to think the timeline fits, and I do think Jesus will return that day. I am still confused as to why I should quit my job and sit around waiting. I happen to like what I do :shrug:

well lets see, there are only 8 days left...
why would you continue to ensure for a secure future if you already know the future is not secure, speaking from a materialistic POV?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
well lets see, there are only 8 days left...
why would you continue to ensure for a secure future if you already know the future is not secure?

I see it this way. Even the radio station is not closing its doors and handing in its broadcast license anytime soon. Deep down I suspect most of them know realistically its simply not going to happen and nobody wants to be out of a paying job.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
"And the armies of heaven, arrayed in white linen, white and pure, followed him on white horses. From his mouth issued a sharp sword with which to smite the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron; he will tred the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty." (Rev. 19:13-15)

(The inspiration for The Battle Hymn of the Republic.)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Quote: In John's Revelation the "lamb" is so ferocious an agent of war that people cry out to the towering mountains, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb." (Rev. 6:16)

from "The Book of Revelation and the Dominance of Zealotry" in Captain America and the Crusade Against Evil

(I'm reading it now)

Last edited:

Rakhel

These people were all over Manhattan yesterday.

Is the end nigh? Group hits NYC to proclaim May 21 doomsday - am New York
Ads in the subways and on bus shelters have been warning for weeks that May 21 is “Judgment Day” – a prelude to the end of the world. But with just days to go, believers began mobilizing in Manhattan on Thursday in RVs and carrying signs to help spread the word.
“What we’re doing is sounding the alarm,” said Bronx native Bobby Brown, 55, a retired bus driver.
Theirs is a jarring prediction based on the Bible and proclaimed on about 1,200 billboards nationwide with a cheeky reminder to “save the date.”
The May 21 followers plan to canvass Manhattan on Friday and then spend the weekend in the Bronx and Brooklyn.
"We came to New York because it's so highly populated. The response has been great. I passed out 3,000 (pamphlets) today," said Ija McDaniel, 30, of Philadelphia.
http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.8120...its-nyc-to-proclaim-may-21-doomsday-1.2873723

Rakhel

The article says some have built bunkers to stay in, but it also says a massive earthquake will strike that will reverberate around the world. So you hide in a bunker, hoping to escape a massive earthquake, only to be stuck in that bunker when everything collapses on top of it.like that makes a lot of sense.

waitasec

Veteran Member
The article says some have built bunkers to stay in, but it also says a massive earthquake will strike that will reverberate around the world. So you hide in a bunker, hoping to escape a massive earthquake, only to be stuck in that bunker when everything collapses on top of it.like that makes a lot of sense.

this idea doesn't make sense
:p

ninerbuff

godless wonder
It's such a defeatist attitude. What are these people really going to do May 22nd? And if they still believe that Oct 21 is that day that the Earth will cease to exist, will they go all out and do everything they want to do? If they are doomed to no salvation (since they weren't raptured) could these same people turn to crime?

waitasec

Veteran Member
It's such a defeatist attitude. What are these people really going to do May 22nd? And if they still believe that Oct 21 is that day that the Earth will cease to exist, will they go all out and do everything they want to do? If they are doomed to no salvation (since they weren't raptured) could these same people turn to crime?

interesting point...
guess these religious folks have no other reason to be decent people other than for the purpose of gaining eternal life in heaven...

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Camping has even predicted that jebus will show up at 6pm on May 21.:rolleyes:
Knowing the time is good, but knowing the place would be better.

Along with such other details as whether this will be a baby born, or a full-grown adult materializing from the air, etc. I also wonder whether Camping expects Jesus this time to be Caucasian or not.