• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40% of Americans belive the world was created 6000-years ago

LittleNipper

It helps too if you just ignore everything that runs counter to, or questions your beliefs. A good example would be your behavior in this thread.

And evolutionists and uniformitarian geologists do not? Your behavioe might be taken by some to be quite a bit more haughty. I simply tell everyone what I believe and why. I don't try to dunk people's heads in the toilet ---- at least I don't think so...:shrug:

LittleNipper

But all of science is not "anti Creation." Many Christians, including many Christian experts, believe that the earth is old, that the flood was localized, and that theistic evolution is true.

Do you have any evidence that the law of gravity is different than it used to be? Unless the law of gravity is different than it used to be, there is no way that a global flood could have occured. According to the law of gravity, when fossils and sediments are mixed with water, they have to settle in certain ways. The ways that fossils and sediments are sorted indicate that a global flood did not occur. Hydrodynamic sorting, also called hydrologic sorting, is a scientific field that is largely based upon the law of gravity.

Are you proposing that God inspired and preserved the originals free of errors except for obvious scribal and copyist errors?

And there are scientists who are Christian who believe creationism is more logical, given the simple fact that GOD is real.

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
And there are scientists who are Christian who believe creationism is more logical, given the simple fact that GOD is real.
One is the standard in most of the world except the american south, and the other is an extreme rarity that is not taken seriously by...anyone.

Agnostic75

LittleNipper said:

And there are scientists who are Christians who believe that a global flood did not occur, that the earth is old, and that God created life slowly over time.

LittleNipper

Um, yes, by using present day standards...

Present day scientific standards.

There is no evidence to support Baumgardner's hypothesis nor is there even any logic to Baumgardner's hypothesis. His "works" are mere Apologetics at their finest, pure fantasy created to fill the huge cracks in biblical myths that simply bypass the scientific method and do not stand up to simple peer review.

No legitimate scientists, devout Christian or otherwise, will back up Baumgardner's hydroplaning continent theory in peer review. It is simply too silly.

AND we also know that the population of the entire world was relatively very small until the last few centuries. So, what exactly is the problem.

Agnostic75

Agnostic75 said:
And there are scientists who are Christians who believe that a global flood did not occur, that the earth is old, and that God created life slowly over time.

Little Nipper said:
And those Christians have no logical reason to believe in original sin, now do they?

If you mean the story of Adam and Eve, they have no logical reasons to believe that, nor the global flood theory, nor the young earth theory, nor the creationism theory. A good deal of evidence indicates that if a God exists, he created life slowly over time.

Christians who believe that a global flood did not occur, that the earth is old, and that God created life slowly over time, certainly believe that sin exists, and that Christians are not supposed to commit sins. It is not necessary for those Christians to have information regarding how God interacted with the first humans in order to be a Christian.

Are you proposing that only inerrantists will go to heaven? Why should anyone believe that a global flood occured when it is very obvious to the vast majority of geologists, including some Christian geologists, that a global flood did not occur?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Actually, Job is said to have had 3 daughters and seven sons... And yes, I believe GOD can do anything HE wishes for obvious reasons.
If that's what you really believe, then why all the coy attempts at explaining away the evidence? You've got your perfect out right there: things work the way the scientists say... except when God "poofs" things with a miracle. And you've got no limit on the number of miracles you can invoke:

Radiometric dating? Miracle!
Non-radiometric dating methods? Miracle!
The establishment of evolution as scientific fact? Miracle!
Absolute lack of evidence for a global flood? Miracle!
Boatload (pun intended) of evidence against a global flood? Miracle!

See how easy it is?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
And evolutionists and uniformitarian geologists do not?
No, they don't. Sorry, but things are not so simply because you say they are.

Your behavioe might be taken by some to be quite a bit more haughty. I simply tell everyone what I believe and why. I don't try to dunk people's heads in the toilet ---- at least I don't think so...:shrug:
Ah, so you're here to preach and not to engage in any sort of discussion. IOW, you're just here to tell everyone else what you believe and to hell with any rebuttals and responses?

Thanks for letting us know. Really. That'll come in handy for future reference.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
AND we also know that the population of the entire world was relatively very small until the last few centuries. So, what exactly is the problem.

Seriously do you need to take a course in debating? Every time something is brought up, you refuse to address it and bring up something unrelated, and compeletly imbicilic, liek the above. The world's popualtion shows no unusual growth trends, and certainly none indicative of some great die-out in 2,200 BCE.

They are called "pseudoscientists", those that have actual degrees and not ones from fabricated, fake colleges. It is called "pseudoscience" for a reason.

And evolutionists and uniformitarian geologists do not? Your behavioe might be taken by some to be quite a bit more haughty. I simply tell everyone what I believe and why. I don't try to dunk people's heads in the toilet ---- at least I don't think so...:shrug:

No, they do not. They rely on facts, not fabrications.

LittleNipper

Seriously do you need to take a course in debating? Every time something is brought up, you refuse to address it and bring up something unrelated, and compeletly imbicilic, liek the above. The world's popualtion shows no unusual growth trends, and certainly none indicative of some great die-out in 2,200 BCE.
quote]

We nor YOU have an actual count of how many people were living on this planet in 2,200 BEFORE CHRIST. Do you find this answer unrelated also?:thud:

LittleNipper

They are called "pseudoscientists", those that have actual degrees and not ones from fabricated, fake colleges. It is called "pseudoscience" for a reason.

Yes and the kind of people that would label someone with a college degree in science a "pseudoscientist" are trying to control want the general public understands to be authoritative.

I guess this is the very same thing that people are doing who are against homosexual marriages. :facepalm: Why don't you use the term "pseudomarriage?" No, you don't see beyond your own critiques...