• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6000 years

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Right. I'd say if you want to know what trolling is then read your own posts.

OK I still forgive you. Did you remember what I said about Grandma's rule?

Why did you ask of proof for 6000 years? I do not believe you have not read the Bible. :shrug: Have you not read the Bible?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
There are zero dates in the Bible. What "date" do you mean?

The.....6000 year date that this thread is about.
You know what, it doesn't matter, like I said, I don't have an opinion either way on this topic, just wanted some explanation as to how that date was derived.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You said "give proof of 6000 years". I said in my head "troll". People can not even prove Heaven, God, Jesus, Bible and poster said "where does the Bible say Man is 6000 years old?",( or young depending on your pov). So I spend some time on the length of things in the Bible and you come back with "You are troll". OH! You did not say "You are troll"? You are right. You said
I'd say if you want to know what trolling is then read your own posts.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The.....6000 year date that this thread is about.
You know what, it doesn't matter, like I said, I don't have an opinion either way on this topic, just wanted some explanation as to how that date was derived.

Really? When I posted the process which was used to arrive at that length of time you changed your mind and said "No, I mean where is the date?"

Playful sarcasm. irony and such things are not trolling. Trolling is thoughtless posting as in "I don't really care about the answer but I shall back this person up against a wall, just because I want to". Is that not trolling? Please correct me if I'm wrong. But not with more trolling. OK?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Posting a thread about and making statements about without providing at least a list of dates, verses is most definitely silly, and lazy.

I don't believe it. The 6000 or so years of Man calculated is not new news. It might be like saying a thread about Jesus Christ is lazy if his scriptures of his coming (there are many), his birth, and his ministry are not also included. Not exactly the same but similar.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You seem to be the only one whining about it.

Eating shellfish is forbidden in the OT, do you think shellfish are really bad for ones diet? Circumcision is commanded in the OT, do you think it is absolutely necessary?
Shaving ones beard is forbidden in the OT, do you think it is an egregious act to shave ones beard?

Now do you understand what I was getting at?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Eating shellfish is forbidden in the OT, do you think shellfish are really bad for ones diet? Circumcision is commanded in the OT, do you think it is absolutely necessary?
Shaving ones beard is forbidden in the OT, do you think it is an egregious act to shave ones beard?

No. not there yet. Seems I am on your side of the argument but perhaps* you think I am on the side of believing the 6000 years. Interesting.

* I have to put this somewhere else.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Eating shellfish is forbidden in the OT, do you think shellfish are really bad for ones diet? Circumcision is commanded in the OT, do you think it is absolutely necessary? Shaving ones beard is forbidden in the OT, do you think it is an egregious act to shave ones beard?

No, no, no, and yes, I know exactly what you're getting at.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Really? Please explain?

I think I already did explain. Evidence is found in the remains of once living organisms that were buried THEN uncovered by erosion. It takes longer than 6000 years for the dead remains of animals and plants to be buried under many meters of earth, then uncovered again by erosion. Not once but many times in many different places.

I am arguing against a 6000 year old EARTH. Some people believe all of earth is about 6000 years young.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry, I must have missed it.

covered by erosion... I'm not familiar with that. Are you able to explain it in more detail?

UNcovered by erosion. Life died, fossilized, then buried by flood, volcanic eruption, earth quake, ect THEN uncovered by rain, wind and shifting earth. Can it all happen in 6000 years? I say it can not.