• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Challenge To All Creationists

omega2xx

Origin of life without gods is abiogenesis. Evolution isn't about the origin of life, only how it developed after it already existed. The vast majority of Christians and other theists have no problem with evolution, just abiogenesis.

Originally the TOE included the first life form---a simple, one-celled life. DNA blew that error out of the water, so now most evolutionist avoid the first life form guess out of the discussion. It is not Christians who have a problem with abiogenesis, We accept that God did it and most of us do have a problem with a theory that has no real scientific evidence to support it, as all should have. It is the evolutionists that have a problem with abiogenesis because they have no idea what the first one was and their first guess was proven wrong.

omega2xx

Irrelevant. You are making a point of induction which is a major issue in science. That amount of events we know of have a cause means that all unknown events have a cause as well. I am pointing out the very claim that "all" events have a cause is not deductive reasoning but inductive thus can not be a universal by definition. In the end all I am pointing out is the claim is pure nonsense.

All I needed to do was establish that an event has no known cause thus the claim that "all" events have a cause is in error. Besides you are asking me to prove a negative which I can not, nor anyone, do.

Not true. Everything has a cause, whether we know the cause or not. We also know that something can't create itself out of nothing. That is about as absurd as it gets.

omega2xx

It does not. Once you have replicators, limited resources, and inheritable errors in the replication mechanisms, the sky is the limit. And not even that.

So, nope. The mechanisms that underlie the genesis of complexity, under the premise of simple initial replicators, has nothing to do with how those simple replicators started.

Ciao

- viole

The first thing you need to explain is how something created itself out of nothing.

omega2xx

Rubbish. They are different things. Evolution is what happens to living things -- irrespective of how life got lively. It wouldn't matter if God started it, or the Giant Spaghetti Monster waved a magic noodle, or if there really were chemical processes we don't yet understand that resulted in chemicals that could reproduce themselves.

They are linked together and originally was until the first guess was scientifically proven wrong.

If you don't know what the first life form was, and you don't, you can't say what it evolved into.

omega2xx

I don't see the point here. Obviously only life can create life. The problem here is this provides no evidence for the creation of life.

Of coursed there is. You said it your self---"Obviously only life can creat life." We have life, therefore there MUST HAVE BEEN a life that got it all started.

omega2xx

A few things here.

1. Evolution is much different than abiogenesis.

Irrelevant. Both must be included in the discussion.

2. Neither of them say that life came from non-life.

Not true. First life requires coming from non-life.

3. If you're implying the Big Bang, it did not bring life. It brought the ever-expanding universe. If we put the whole "creation" of the universe by way of big bang, etc. in a calendar, life sprang up late in the year.[/QUOTE]

Again irrelevant, especially since there is no evidence to support the BB.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Automobiles, houses, computers, and wooden spoons do not occur without an intelligent maker.
The pertinent question is then "how intelligent"? Birds can make tools too. Humans can make BAD tools.

God's witnesses
Which witnesses were there those first six days of Earth? Even God Himself mocks Job for thinking he knows anything about Creation, and I doubt Job listened to modern science.

*going to watch a movie ... Ah'll be bach"

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Originally the TOE included the first life form---a simple, one-celled life. DNA blew that error out of the water, so now most evolutionist avoid the first life form guess out of the discussion. It is not Christians who have a problem with abiogenesis, We accept that God did it and most of us do have a problem with a theory that has no real scientific evidence to support it, as all should have. It is the evolutionists that have a problem with abiogenesis because they have no idea what the first one was and their first guess was proven wrong.
Abiogenesis has nothing to do with DNA either, simple self-replicators existed before DNA, so DNA is also a process of evolution. Anyway, the simple cell abiogenesis talks about didn't have any sort of nucleic acid based replication at all, and don't resemble any simple life that exists today.
The problem with what creationists have a problem with is they very rarely take the time to actually read what the science is about. Choosing instead to stick with strawman or thoroughly out of date science education as if you could criticize neuroscience with phrenology.

Skwim

Veteran Member
If it is convincing, why don't you accept it?
If your "it" refers to your post above (#96) then I don't accept it because it's not convincing. Thing is, god isn't important to the operation of evolution. Positing a god or no god doesn't affect it one way or the other. For all that matters to evolution, god can just as well use evolution to put organisms on Earth as not. The issue with creationists is their contention that he couldn't have used such a method because it's not in line with what their Bible says.

omega2xx

The pertinent question is then "how intelligent"? Birds can make tools too. Humans can make BAD tools.
When God completed His creation he declared it was not only good, it was very good. That is why all of His processes man had discovered always work the same. That is how progress is made.

Which witnesses were there those first six days of Earth? Even God Himself mocks Job for thinking he knows anything about Creation, and I doubt Job listened to modern science.

Who was there when the BB went bang? Job is not about modern science. He was mocking Job for thinking he could have done what God did and knew what He knew.

Job 40:8b - Will you conden Me that you may be justified?

*going to watch a movie ... Ah'll be bach"

enjoy

rusra02

Premium Member
Except, you know, literally in the first few words of Genesis it says "In the beginning."

"We don't fully understand how we was there since the beginning." That's the biggest cop-out I've seen in a while. Didn't Jesus come so that we could "know" God? Even if He was "there in the beginning" He still would need a Creator. Don't you Creationists use the argument "Complex things need a complex creator"? If you use that logic, then God needs a creator. Therefor, in the same way, you can't use the argument that "Something was created out of nothing isn't plausible" argument, because apparently God was there when there was literally nothing.

"I believe the evidence strongly supports a Creator." What evidence? Of evolution? Then how would that support a God? Of God? If there was evidence there would be conversions everywhere, bud.
I believe the beginning spoken of in Genesis 1:1 was the beginning of the material universe. As I mentioned previously, the Creator is unique, existing eternally, with no beginning nor end. As Psalm 90:2 affirms regarding Jehovah; "Before the mountains were born Or you brought forth the earth and the productive land, From everlasting to everlasting, you are God." Elsewhere, Jehovah is called "the King of eternity". Thus, IMO, it is clear there is one everlasting Creator of all things. The things he has created demonstrate convincingly, to me at least, that these are the works of a Supreme intellect.

Shad

Veteran Member
Not true. Everything has a cause, whether we know the cause or not.

False conclusion based on inductive reasoning thus can not be a universal statement. We know of cause as we discover the cause, we do not assume and call it a day.

We also know that something can't create itself out of nothing. That is about as absurd as it gets.

False conclusion based on the errors point out above and previously. It seems absurd does not mean it is. Also you didn't read my comment but brought up a different subject. My point was about causeless effects not something creating itself from nothing.

Read what you reply to....

"All I needed to do was establish that an event has no known cause thus the claim that "all" events have a cause is in error. Besides you are asking me to prove a negative which I can not, nor anyone, do."

Last edited:

Animore

I believe the beginning spoken of in Genesis 1:1 was the beginning of the material universe. As I mentioned previously, the Creator is unique, existing eternally, with no beginning nor end. As Psalm 90:2 affirms regarding Jehovah; "Before the mountains were born Or you brought forth the earth and the productive land, From everlasting to everlasting, you are God." Elsewhere, Jehovah is called "the King of eternity". Thus, IMO, it is clear there is one everlasting Creator of all things. The things he has created demonstrate convincingly, to me at least, that these are the works of a Supreme intellect.

Okay, so let's say that it is the creating of the material universe. Poof, there it is. Nothing. It's simple really. If there is nothing, there is no God at that time. It's a huge cop-out to say that he exists "beyond space and time." If He existed beyond space and time, He wouldn't be interacting with us now. (I'll also say that it's not biblical.)

If you have the time, please watch

It's a video running-down the pat Gods thought of, how it's contradictory to science to have believed in such Gods, how it's scientifically improbable to believe in a Biblical one, how a Big Bang can be possible, etc. It'll answer some of your questions.

Rational Agnostic

Okay, so let's say that it is the creating of the material universe. Poof, there it is. Nothing. It's simple really. If there is nothing, there is no God at that time. It's a huge cop-out to say that he exists "beyond space and time." If He existed beyond space and time, He wouldn't be interacting with us now. (I'll also say that it's not biblical.)

If you have the time, please watch

It's a video running-down the pat Gods thought of, how it's contradictory to science to have believed in such Gods, how it's scientifically improbable to believe in a Biblical one, how a Big Bang can be possible, etc. It'll answer some of your questions.

I have watched the film. It is interesting, although the gaps in knowledge of Big Bang Cosmology are large, and always will be.

omega2xx

Abiogenesis has nothing to do with DNA either, simple self-replicators existed before DNA, so DNA is also a process of evolution.

You have absolute4ly no way of knowing that and it is illogical to say DNA is a process. It is illogical for us to KNOW, with few exceptions, that since all living things have DNA to suggest the first one did not.

The way, the simple cell abiogenesis talks about didn't have any sort of nucleic acid based replication at all, and don't resemble any simple life that exists today.

First you have absolutely no evidence as to what the first life for was. Second no cell is simple, they are all complex because they all contain DNA and finally DNA is so complex, it could not have happened by accident. That would be like a strong wind blowing thru a junk yard and producing a Boeing 707.

The problem with what creationists have a problem with is they very rarely take the time to actually read what the science is about. Choosing instead to stick with strawman or thoroughly out of date science education as if you could criticize neuroscience with phrenology.

Now you are speaking from ignorance. Every one in the public school system for the past 50 years has had the ToE pushed down our throats and if they went to college, the brain washing continued. Even in the 10 grade I spit that kool-ade out and I was not a Christian at that time.