• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A debate on christianity

I think I understand, but please allow me to be sure, if such allowance indulges you.

Take indulging in food, for example. If a levayan is like me, she loves the taste of it. There are times when I eat even though I've ceased to be hungry. Though I have no hunger to compel me, I indulge in eating for the pleasure of the taste.

Is this the kind of behavior Satan represents?
Not really. Please note I do not describe myself as a laveyan Satanist, but I do know quite a lot about it. They have a lot of checks and balances.

Google '9 Satanic statements' and '9 Satanic 'Sins'

Also, google '11 Satanic rules of the earth'

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Exactly I abide by the law, my own view of sexual indulgence is perhaps logical and not illogical such as acts of "statutory rape etc." Indulgence is more or less pleasure and exploring something whether it's perhaps looked down on society or if it doesn't conform with society.

I believe I understand.

Spockrates

Wonderer.
I try to separate some of the indulgences such as "indulging in food," I only perhaps add my own indulgences in a different way. But I am just trying to explain my on viewpoint I am not trying to mistake it or confuse it.

In what way do you separate indulging in food from indulging in sex (other than the obvious of not indulging at both in the same time, unless the mood hits you)!

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
In what way do you separate indulging in food from indulging in sex (other than the obvious of not indulging at both in the same time, unless the mood hits you)!
Indulging in sex be it fetishes etc, is entirely different from that of food. I regard Sex as the flesh in my own standpoint. Food however is something of which you just enjoy :laughing:. Can Sex also be enjoyment? Yes it can of course, however some of sex other than food isn't exactly considered mainstream, I am implying of course unusual sex be it BDSM. Food on the other hand is of course mainstream and different from Sex itself, it would be funny and absurd needless to say on comparing food with Sex.:laughing:

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
But on the other hand their are some unusual foods as well as with Sex. But here is the difference Spockrates, I consider sex to be the enjoyment of flesh while I consider food to be the enjoyment of taste.:laughing:

Spockrates

Wonderer.
But on the other hand their are some unusual foods as well as with Sex. But here is the difference Spockrates, I consider sex to be the enjoyment of flesh while I consider food to be the enjoyment of taste.:laughing:

Agreed. Different kinds of pleasure derived by different kinds of senses--taste and touch. Though I suppose all senses might be involved in both indulgences! [emoji41][emoji106]

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Indulging in sex be it fetishes etc, is entirely different from that of food. I regard Sex as the flesh in my own standpoint. Food however is something of which you just enjoy :laughing:. Can Sex also be enjoyment? Yes it can of course, however some of sex other than food isn't exactly considered mainstream, I am implying of course unusual sex be it BDSM. Food on the other hand is of course mainstream and different from Sex itself, it would be funny and absurd needless to say on comparing food with Sex.:laughing:

Yes. I suppose that it's valuable to not illogically indulge in eating, too. For one who Earle's too much becomes too overweight, and so reduces his chances of getting sex from those who find him less attractive!

Spockrates

Wonderer.
A debate on Christianity?

Nope, on Satanism. Psyche!

LOL! Yeah, Priestess of Lucifer and I didn't really know what we wanted to debate. We eventually decided on answering this question:

What is more beneficial to the individual--Christianity or Satanism?

Someone made the point that Satanism is better, because it gives one the freedom to engage in behaviors that are considered taboos. On further investigation, it turns out Satanism has taboos of its own. So I suppose the next step is to determine what taboos are better to adopt--the taboos of Satanism or the taboos of Christianity.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
LOL! Yeah, Priestess of Lucifer and I didn't really know what we wanted to debate. We eventually decided on answering this question:

What is more beneficial to the individual--Christianity or Satanism?

Someone made the point that Satanism is better, because it gives one the freedom to engage in behaviors that are considered taboos. On further investigation, it turns out Satanism has taboos of its own. So I suppose the next step is to determine what taboos are better to adopt--the taboos of Satanism or the taboos of Christianity.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Which taboos would these be?

Satanism is primarily "a religion of the flesh," it is a religion that indulges in the lively hood. It is a religion that seeks to explore the forbidden path that is perhaps looked down upon in society. The term indulgence in my own standpoint is pleasure and it can be of course a taboo and a virtue, it may perhaps depend however.

Last edited:

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Which taboos would these be?

So Iron Wizard proposed this explanation of Satanism:

Satanism is probably the religion that is most beneficial to its "followers". Pretty much every other religion requires the follower to acknowledge and submit to a higher power, and put said higher power before themselves. However, most Satanists either view Satan as an archetype, force, or being to be admired for his qualities- typically things along the lines of individuality, freedom, intelligence, rebellion, and self satisfaction. Satanism almost always puts the self before others. ...

In our discussion, I suggested that perhaps individuality, freedom, intelligence, rebellion and self satisfaction were virtues held by many Christians since the time of Enlightenment and the American Revolution. He did not yet disagree, though there is much more to discuss.

But it seems there is at least one notion Christians and Satanists don't share, which is the idea that one "always puts the self before others." If this be true, then logic tells us the opposite must be true: Satanists believe one must never put others before oneself. Therefore, putting others before oneself appears to be a taboo obeyed by some Satanists.

VioletVortex

So Iron Wizard proposed this explanation of Satanism:

In our discussion, I suggested that perhaps individuality, freedom, intelligence, rebellion and self satisfaction were virtues held by many Christians since the time of Enlightenment and the American Revolution. He did not yet disagree, though there is much more to discuss.

But it seems there is at least one notion Christians and Satanists don't share, which is the idea that one "always puts the self before others." If this be true, then logic tells us the opposite must be true: Satanists believe one must never put others before oneself. Therefore, putting others before oneself appears to be a taboo obeyed by some Satanists.

Since I'm concious, it's not taboo. It's the natural thing to do.

Many Christians heavily value freedom (hence the existence of tons of religious rednecks), but they always seem to be stuck to a rigid set of religious teachings. They want the freedom to practice their religion, but they don't really advocate many other freedoms.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Because they have been brainwashed into the old rhetoric that has been repeated for centuries. The Church thrives on fear and guilt trips. Once people open their minds and think for themselves, they will come to realize that what they have been traditionally taught is not actually biblical.
That does make sense.