• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A debate on christianity

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Since I'm concious, it's not taboo. It's the natural thing to do.

Many Christians heavily value freedom (hence the existence of tons of religious rednecks), but they always seem to be stuck to a rigid set of religious teachings. They want the freedom to practice their religion, but they don't really advocate many other freedoms.

So a terrorist attacks a crowded public place with an assault rifle. A mother and father could run for cover and save themselves, but instead, they shield their child with their bodies and die in the attack.

Did they put themselves first? Did they do the unnatural thing?

Last edited:

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Never mind. I feel any explanation would be wasted.

Is any explanation a waste? Though the one to whom you are explaining might not understand, won't you, in attempting to help her understand, benefit by learning how to communicate your ideas more clearly and cogently? Won't you become a more effective communicator by making the attempt?

Is any explanation a waste? Though the one to whom you are explaining might not understand, won't you, in attempting to help her understand, benefit by learning how to communicate your ideas more clearly and cogently? Won't you become a more effective communicator by making the attempt?
I think I'd have better luck explaining Camus' concept of existential absurdism to my cat.

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Because I chose to be a Satanist. I follow the path that Lucifer teaches.

But have you answered the question? I basically asked, "Why do you choose..." and you essentially answered, "Because I choose." The question why remains unanswered. But if you were to say, "It's none of your #$£@ business!" I'd have to agree. [emoji4]

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Priestess of Lucifer: My apologies if this wasn't quite the debate you hoped for. I sincerely do appreciate the invitation, though. It was kind of you. May you find the satisfaction you seek! [emoji4][emoji106]

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Do you have any evidence for this?

If we trace mankind's religious family tree back to its base or its roots we trace back to ancient Babylon - Genesis 10:8-10
As people migrated out of ancient Babylon they took with them their myth-religious beliefs and ideas and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
That is why we see so many similar overlapping religious-myth ideas and practices spread out in today's religious world.
( such as the wrong teaching about the Bible's hell being a forever burning place instead of the temporary grave for the sleeping dead - Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4 )

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
If we trace mankind's religious family tree back to its base or its roots we trace back to ancient Babylon - Genesis 10:8-10
As people migrated out of ancient Babylon they took with them their myth-religious beliefs and ideas and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
That is why we see so many similar overlapping religious-myth ideas and practices spread out in today's religious world.
I was more looking for substantial archeological evidence and primary documents from the period that give solid evidence to your claim, but thanks for trying, I guess?
( such as the wrong teaching about the Bible's hell being a forever burning place instead of the temporary grave for the sleeping dead - Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4 )
Are you saying that this teaching came from the Mithraic mysteries, and not from the Bible? Or are you just saying that you don't think the teaching of Hell believed by the vast majority of Christians is Biblical?

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
But have you answered the question? I basically asked, "Why do you choose..." and you essentially answered, "Because I choose." The question why remains unanswered. But if you were to say, "It's none of your #$£@ business!" I'd have to agree. [emoji4]
Well I tried. lol

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I was more looking for substantial archeological evidence and primary documents from the period that give solid evidence to your claim, but thanks for trying, I guess?
Are you saying that this teaching came from the Mithraic mysteries, and not from the Bible? Or are you just saying that you don't think the teaching of Hell believed by the vast majority of Christians is Biblical?

Anything perishable like paper ( primary documents ) would have been dissolved at the Flood of Noah's day.
Only non-perishable stone-type objects would have remained.
The teachings of a burning hell, etc. is Not from the Bible. Mankind's history can be traced back to ancient Babylon. Even astrology gives credit to Babylon.
Jesus taught that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false at Matthew 7:21-23
So, yes, the majority now are so-called Christian in name only. They are part of Christendom, and Not the first-century teachings of Christ.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Anything perishable like paper ( primary documents ) would have been dissolved at the Flood of Noah's day.
Only non-perishable stone-type objects would have remained.
And we have many of these with us still today. They all prove that religion existed for thousands upon thousands of years before Babylon; we have burial rituals that evidence religious beliefs in an afterlife that go clear back to the Neolithic Revolution 10,000 years ago.
The teachings of a burning hell, etc. is Not from the Bible. Mankind's history can be traced back to ancient Babylon. Even astrology gives credit to Babylon.
You mean, outside of the fact that the city of Babylon didn't even exist until 2300 BC, long after the Indus Valley Civilization, Minoa, Sumer and Egypt were founded? All four of these civilizations had mature religious beliefs, and we have examples of their religious iconography, writing and "idols", if you want to call them that. The four civilizations I named were flourishing by 3000 BC, seven hundred years before Babylon even existed. So no, mankind's history did not start with Babylon, nor did religion.
Jesus taught that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false at Matthew 7:21-23
So, yes, the majority now are so-called Christian in name only. They are part of Christendom, and Not the first-century teachings of Christ.
And what makes you think you're adhering to the first-century teachings of Christ?

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In my own opinion, I cannot honestly debate something that is just a belief with no evidence whatsoever, how can you, its impossible.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
In my own opinion, I cannot honestly debate something that is just a belief with no evidence whatsoever, how can you, its impossible.

I view debating such as this to be a waist of time. I also find it pointless to debate a religion such as Christianity even though some people may comment their own evidence and grips that they have on the religion. The only reason why I perhaps debated here was because of the subject "Satanism" being brought up, and also because of some of the intelligent and perhaps reasoning people such as Spockrates on RF. I primarily do not debate on any forums on RF.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And we have many of these with us still today. They all prove that religion existed for thousands upon thousands of years before Babylon; we have burial rituals that evidence religious beliefs in an afterlife that go clear back to the Neolithic Revolution 10,000 years ago.
You mean, outside of the fact that the city of Babylon didn't even exist until 2300 BC, long after the Indus Valley Civilization, Minoa, Sumer and Egypt were founded? All four of these civilizations had mature religious beliefs, and we have examples of their religious iconography, writing and "idols", if you want to call them that. The four civilizations I named were flourishing by 3000 BC, seven hundred years before Babylon even existed. So no, mankind's history did not start with Babylon, nor did religion.
And what makes you think you're adhering to the first-century teachings of Christ?

Even if there are burial-ritual papers dated 10,000 yrs old does Not mean ' afterlife ' is taught in Scripture. Scripture teaches: resurrection.
Even the Egyptian ' Book of the Dead ' teaches: afterlife.
Babel was one of the first cities built after the Flood in the land of Shinar - Genesis 10:9-10
How does 'mature religious beliefs' show such ' mature ' beliefs are in harmony with Scripture ?
Ancient Babylon was dedicated by man-made religion (mature or otherwise) outside of Scripture - Genesis 11:4
Peleg lived from 2269-2030 BCE. being born about a century after the Flood. - Genesis 11:16-19; 1 Chronicles 1:24-27; Luke 3:35
King Agade (Accad), in patriarchal times, mentions his restoring a temple-tower at Babylon thus indicating such a structure existed ' prior ' before his reign.
Nimrod lived in the latter part of the 3rd millennium BCE. It was Hammurabi who enlarged Babylon and strengthened it as the capital of the Babylon Empire under Semitic rule.
Babylon was full of temples with its principle god Marduk ( in Scripture called Merodach )
Triads or trinities of deities were prominent there such as: Sin (moon-god) Shamash (sun-god) and Ishtar, beside the trinity of devils: Labartu, Labasu, and Akhkhazu.
In Babylon, gods were rulers of the zodiac. Magic was prominent there - Isaiah 47:12-13; Daniel 2:27; Daniel 4:7; Ezekiel 21:20-22
Afterlife enters into the picture because the Babylonians believed in the immorality of the soul - "The Religion of Babylonians and Assyria" by M. Jastrow, Jr. 1898 page 556
As the people migrated out of ancient Babylon they took with them those Babylonian religious beliefs and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon, or Babylon the Great. That is why we see so many similar overlapping religious ideas ( such as afterlife ) spread throughout the world today.
So, mankind in general religious' history does trace to a base in ancient Babylon.
Sure religion existed before Babylon, even right at the start in Eden. But ancient Babylon's religion is 'prominent after the Flood'. Even astrology gives credit to Babylon.

What makes anyone think they are adhering to the 1st-century teachings of Christ: is that the 1st-century teachings of Christ are recorded in Scripture for all to see.
Jesus never taught ' afterlife ' ( being more alive at death than before death ) rather Jesus taught ' resurrection ' - John 11:12-14