• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A debate on christianity

VioletVortex

OK. I suppose we might explore the question: Why is Satanism more beneficial to the Satanist than Christianity is to the Christian?

Satanism is probably the religion that is most beneficial to its "followers". Pretty much every other religion requires the follower to acknowledge and submit to a higher power, and put said higher power before themselves. However, most Satanists either view Satan as an archetype, force, or being to be admired for his qualities- typically things along the lines of individuality, freedom, intelligence, rebellion, and self satisfaction. Satanism almost always puts the self before others. There are a few Diabolical Satanists who actually worship and submit to a figure of evil that they believe in, and sadly, they are the Satanists that come to mind for Christians. However, most of that is a Catholic or Hollywood construct. I don't speak for them.

In Satanism, there are no dogmatic rules that the Satanist must adhere to. Everything is about bettering the life of the Satanist. Christians spend a lot of their life praying, donating to churches, abstaining from sex, and being selfless. The main goal of Satanism is to make the Satanist satisfied with their life. I'm not saying that people should be mean to each other all of the time, as that actually impedes the betterment of one's own life.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Why is Satanism more beneficial to the Satanist than Christianity is to the Christian?

Let me add the picture shall I? Satanism is heterodox in general, meaning the philosophy and its religion breaks free and indulges among every taboo that is perhaps looked down upon in society. It is an antinomian path, and it is a darker path for the individual in general. What is beneficial among Satanism? Nothing isn't really beneficial except for the individual of his or her choice that benefits them. Satanism gives the individual self realization and perception of their own self, Satanism and the Left Hand Path in general can be a means of Liberation.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Spockrates we could perhaps have a conversation on message, we could perhaps maybe talk.

VioletVortex

Let me add the picture shall I? Satanism is heterodox in general, meaning the philosophy and its religion breaks free and indulges among every taboo that is perhaps looked down upon in society. It is an antinomian path, and it is a darker path for the individual in general. What is beneficial among Satanism? Nothing isn't really beneficial except for the individual of his or her choice that benefits them. Satanism gives the individual self realization and perception of their own self, Satanism and the Left Hand Path in general can be a means of Liberation.

You are right. The liberty of the Left Hand Path can work both ways. For the intelligent, it works in their favor, but for the morons, it doesn't. Some get overly caught up in the spiritual side of Magick, and fail to acknowledge the power of manipulating the physical world.

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Satanism is probably the religion that is most beneficial to its "followers". Pretty much every other religion requires the follower to acknowledge and submit to a higher power, and put said higher power before themselves. However, most Satanists either view Satan as an archetype, force, or being to be admired for his qualities- typically things along the lines of individuality, freedom, intelligence, rebellion, and self satisfaction.

Hi, Iron Wizard. Thanks for joining our dialogue. [emoji4]

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ..."

Sounds like Satanists have much in common with Thomas Jefferson and The Five who wrote the Declaration of Independence. For they admired the qualities of individuality, freedom, intelligence, rebellion and self satisfaction so much that they and other Christians and Deists put their lives on the line to obtain them!

Satanism almost always puts the self before others.

So perhaps it would help to compare: Would you say the Christian and Deist men who went to war with perhaps the most powerful nation of their time for some of the values they shared with Satanists were putting themselves first, or something else first?

There are a few Diabolical Satanists who actually worship and submit to a figure of evil that they believe in, and sadly, they are the Satanists that come to mind for Christians. However, most of that is a Catholic or Hollywood construct. I don't speak for them.

Then we shall consider the more common kind.

In Satanism, there are no dogmatic rules that the Satanist must adhere to. Everything is about bettering the life of the Satanist. Christians spend a lot of their life praying, donating to churches, abstaining from sex, and being selfless. The main goal of Satanism is to make the Satanist satisfied with their life. I'm not saying that people should be mean to each other all of the time, as that actually impedes the betterment of one's own life.

Do you think seeking to achieve individuality, liberty and the pursuit of self satisfaction are goals, rather than dogmatic rules?

Last edited:

Spockrates

Wonderer.

Is it possible Satanism has taboos of it's own? This, for example seems to me to be one:

John 13:34-35

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
In what way is indulgence a taboo of Satanism, as you view it?
It's hard to perhaps explain, but in my own view on indulgence I may perhaps indulge in unusual sexual things. I am not implying anything illegal, but I may perhaps indulge among unusual sexual things that is perhaps looked a bit down on society. In my own view I primarily indulge among sexual taboos in private, I would not perform them on a person given the fact that I am a minor. You may perhaps find my post odd but I primarily view indulgence to be pleasurable and fulfiling by exploring perhaps something dark or by fulfilling a need whether it's something that restrains you, or if it's a taboo that you are perhaps willing to explore and fulfill.

Last edited:

Spockrates

Wonderer.
It's hard to perhaps explain, but in my own view on indulgence I may perhaps indulge in unusual sexual things. I am not implying anything illegal, but I may perhaps indulge among unusual sexual things that is perhaps looked a bit down on society. In my own view I primarily indulge among sexual taboos in private, I would not perform them on a person given the fact that I am a minor.

Perhaps you mean you abstain from illogical indulgence? Committing a sexual act in public would be such an indulgence. But it would be foolish to do so, as such would likely result in one being arrested, imprisoned and having less freedom to indulge. Better and more logical to be discrete?

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Perhaps you mean you abstain from illogical indulgence? Committing a sexual act in public would be such an indulgence. But it would be foolish to do so, as such would likely result in one being arrested, imprisoned and having less freedom to indulge. Better and more logical to be discrete?

Exactly I abide by the law, my own view of sexual indulgence is perhaps logical and not illogical such as acts of "statutory rape etc." Indulgence is more or less pleasure and exploring something whether it's perhaps looked down on society or if it doesn't conform with society.

Spockrates

Wonderer.
"Satan represents indulgence, not compulsion"

That's the first of the laveyan '9 Satanic statements'

I think I understand, but please allow me to be sure, if such allowance indulges you.

Take indulging in food, for example. If a Laveyan is like me, she loves the taste of it. There are times when I eat even though I've ceased to be hungry. Though I have no hunger to compel me, I indulge in eating for the pleasure of the taste.

Is this the kind of behavior Satan represents?

Stupidity is one of their 'Sins'(laveyans, that is)

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I try to separate some of the indulgences such as "indulging in food," I only perhaps add my own indulgences in a different way. But I am just trying to explain my on viewpoint I am not trying to mistake it or confuse it.

Last edited: