• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Funny Thing Happened at the Gym...

Secret Chief

Degrow!
So I've finished my gym session and I go back to the changing room to shower and get dressed. The only other person in there is a female cleaner getting on with her job. We exchange pleasantries and then I strip to my shorts and go to take a shower, as she shows no signs of disappearing. When I come out she's still there, cleaning and chatting with me again. At this point I'm quite keen to get dried, get my stuff out of the locker and get dressed. And she carries on chatting with me..... So I take my briefs around the corner to the shower section, put them on and walk back round to the lockers and changing area.... and she's still chatting. I finish drying myself so I can get fully dressed. Still chatting...
Now I realise she has her job to do, but I was feeling rather awkward... Is it me? What was I supposed to do? Thoughts? ...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So I've finished my gym session and I go back to the changing room to shower and get dressed. The only other person in there is a female cleaner getting on with her job. We exchange pleasantries and then I strip to my shorts and go to take a shower, as she shows no signs of disappearing. When I come out she's still there, cleaning and chatting with me again. At this point I'm quite keen to get dried, get my stuff out of the locker and get dressed. And she carries on chatting with me..... So I take my briefs around the corner to the shower section, put them on and walk back round to the lockers and changing area.... and she's still chatting. I finish drying myself so I can get fully dressed. Still chatting...
Now I realise she has her job to do, but I was feeling rather awkward... Is it me? What was I supposed to do? Thoughts? ...
In any situation like that I simply say "not to be rude, but I really need to get dried off and dressed"

In my experience, most people get so into having another person to talk to it does not even occur to them they are being rude and a gentle push to is usually more than enough to get them to stop.

We Never Know

No Slack
Why did it bother you?

Would it still have bothered you as she was a transgender man, thus a he?(no surgery)

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Why did it bother you?
Some people are not accustomed to have conversations with complete strangers while they are naked or near naked while trying to get dried off and dressed.

Would it still have bothered you as she was a transgender man, thus a he?(no surgery)
How did you make this mighty morphen power ranger leap?

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
You could bark at her. That might get her to leave.

Saner options... hm. Yeah, @McBell 's suggestion at a gentle push is probably more reasonable.

Some people just chatter.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Now I realise she has her job to do, but I was feeling rather awkward... Is it me? What was I supposed to do? Thoughts?

Lol! I had the same thing happen to me at the university. I usually use the showers in the theater arts dressing room. It's the men's dressing room, but I guess when they have a production going on literally everybody uses it as they're changing room.

I was coming out of the shower one afternoon, Stark naked, and ran into two female co-eds who didn't seem bothered one bit, One even said hi. :p

I said, "eh, uh, . . .*sigh* any chance I could get like 3 minutes privacy"? They acted like it was a strange request but they left anyway.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Possibly she was enjoying herself by teasing you ─ not nastily, perhaps, but teasing.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
In my younger years, I was staying at a boyfriend's. I'd slept in something with lace and feathers(and not much of either). The next day, he had some friends show up. I stayed in the bedroom. All of the sudden, one of the friends barged in and sat down. Told me he wasn't supposed to smoke in the living room. Smirked and started chatting. "Yo." I stopped him. "Get the **** out of here." I said "But my cigarette..." I repeated my statement, and he decided he better leave.

I'm not convinced he was being clueless, though.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Possibly she was enjoying herself by teasing you ─ not nastily, perhaps, but teasing.
I was getting a bit brassed off with her tbh. It went through my mind to just carry on as normal just to see what, if anything, she did or said. Would that count as a criminal offence?!

Secret Chief

Degrow!
At the gym, I go in the restroom stalls to change. I'm not parading around naked.
There's often not that option in there. There's like 3 stalls, it's mostly just a large room with lockers along the walls. Actually, cos I don't use them it didn't occur to me to use a stall.

Last edited: