• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Funny Thing Happened at the Gym...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I’m not sure and you don’t know either, and what does that have to do with the potential cultural aspect I referenced???
Is it not a cultural aspect, at least in some cultures, that the hired help is all but ignored?

And yu are right I do not know the answer.
The first clue should have been that I asked a question....

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not sure what I might have done or said in this situation - probably not too fussed if she wasn't bothered - but I have two tales to relate.

Once, whilst changing (in a smallish room and with several others) before caving and where I had to be naked - as putting on a swimming costume and wetsuit - there was a young attractive female in our group (teenage daughter of one of the blokes), and where she didn't appear to be averting her eyes so as making it easy for me. And where I did feel a little embarrassed - especially since I think she was the girlfriend of one then and whom she later married.

The second occasion happened on a camping site in Europe (possibly Austria), and where one of the wash sites was out of order so that males and females had to use just one - the men's. I came out of a shower cubicle to find a naked lady at the sinks - with another female. I didn't make it obvious this was unusual and quickly exited and she didn't seem fussed - they don't tend to in much of Europe. Can't remember how or where I got dressed but I wouldn't have come out of the cubicle completely naked, that I can remember. o_O
Germans and Austrians, I find, would be embarrassed about being embarrassed. Body modesty seems to be a shameful thing. You're lucky you didn't run into some Freikörper at the campsite. ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My best friend's sister, during high school, was a nympho.
Once she tried to break into the male locker room of the local swimming pool with a hammer.
She really wanted to see naked men.

Heyo

Veteran Member
If that is what the cleaner is used to...
I'm pretty sure she is. Not only did she keep on to work, she even struck a casual conversation. She must know what a locker room is for and what happens there. She obviously didn't care.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm perfectly happy cavorting around in the all-together amongst other gym users, it was the cleaner standing there talking to me that I found a bit...strange. I was wondering if she expected me to carry on as if she wasn't there...you know... powdering my nose etc etc...
When it happens for the first time, it can be quite a shock, but then my experience is that after that it becomes no big thing.

Maybe I should rephrase that. :oops:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Might be a cultural issue. I’ve been to public baths in Japan and female cleaners come in all the time to tidy up the locker room. Doesn’t phase anyone.
Someone I know said much the same when in Japan.