• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A "gay" Episcopal priest's view of marriage

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Because I feel the sexual revolution of the 1960's has finally fallen into the cesspool to which it was headed and is dragging Western "Civilization" with it. The modern society has reverted to slime.
I see. You long for the days when men were men, children were obedient, and women and n*****s remembered their places.

LittleNipper

LN: Why are you so obsessed with other people's sex lives?

Why are you an atheistic lesbian? If I'm obsessed, isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black? Or, do you just wish I'd shut up so you can gain whatever rights you feel intitled to unopposed..?

LittleNipper

I see. You long for the days when men were men, children were obedient, and women and n*****s remembered their places.

Sorry, but homme don't by that. I long for the days when women who wanted a career were free to seek it, but did not feel that they needed to have children as pets, and strange bedfellows as their right.

I long for the days when slavery had ended because of a biblical influence among the pagan ritualists, and blacks were emerging by their own sweat and were becoming respected.

I long for the days when real men married nice women because they liked the idea of having a family.

I long for the days when the above were perhaps only the ideal, but this was still considered the best for society and something to aim for and not just another choice..

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Why are you an atheistic lesbian? If I'm obsessed, isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black? Or, do you just wish I'd shut up so you can gain whatever rights you feel intitled to unopposed..?

I'm a lesbian for two reasons:
(1) It's how I was born.
(2) I think it's a wonderful way of life for a woman who has the capacity.
I'm an atheist because I do not believe that God exists. Why I don't believe that would be too OT for this thread.

What is it you think I'm obsessed with? What are you accusing me of?

I don't want you to shut up; quite the contrary. The more you post, the more it helps me gain the rights I'm seeking.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Because I feel the sexual revolution of the 1960's has finally fallen into the cesspool to which it was headed and is dragging Western "Civilization" with it. The modern society has reverted to slime.

I see. You are concerned that sexual permissiveness in general has a negative effect on society, is that it? Why gay people in particular, though? I mean, we're only around 3% of the population. Shouldn't you focus at least some of your attention on the other 97%? It seems odd, to say the least.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Let me say one thing and one thing only to the likes of you: It is never noble to threaten individuals solely because they've painted you into a corner.
Sorry, didn't know my statements were threatening... you must be a very insecure person.:shrug:
It is far more honorable to say, "I disagree," and simply let it go at that...
I cannot disagree with the OP if you just cut and past a portion of an article, like I said, you should provide a question or statement in your OP along with the copy job.
I read a article in the Burlington County Time, again today, and found this priest's comments to be misguided. The question seem to be coming fast enough on their own...
There ya go, that wasn't so hard was it.

Now, to make you feel better----I disagree.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Sorry, but homme don't by that. I long for the days when women who wanted a career were free to seek it, but did not feel that they needed to have children as pets, and strange bedfellows as their right.

I long for the days when slavery had ended because of a biblical influence among the pagan ritualists, and blacks were emerging by their own sweat and were becoming respected.

I long for the days when real men married nice women because they liked the idea of having a family.

I long for the days when the above were perhaps only the ideal, but this was still considered the best for society and something to aim for and not just another choice..

What days were those?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Sorry, but homme don't by that.

I long for the days when women who wanted a career were free to seek it,
So, the sexual revolution was a good thing.

but did not feel that they needed to have children as pets,
That's not a problem today.

and strange bedfellows as their right.
Right. So, you long for the days when we knew our place.

Never happened.

Like today.

I long for the days when the above were perhaps only the ideal, but this was still considered the best for society and something to aim for and not just another choice.
Yeah, you seem to have a problem with choice in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorro1227

What days were those?

I believe he is referring to the days when people hid the fact that they were homosexual or bisexual. The days when women were stuck in the kitchen and men were in power. Those days that naivity and bigotry ruled the country.

LittleNipper

Sorry, didn't know my statements were threatening... you must be a very insecure person.:shrug:

I cannot disagree with the OP if you just cut and past a portion of an article, like I said, you should provide a question or statement in your OP along with the copy job.

There ya go, that wasn't so hard was it.

Now, to make you feel better----I disagree.

I didn't copy and paste. I selected a few remarks and typed them myself. I really don't know where the writer originally found the quotes.
You said something that really was irrelavant to the topic or conversation... Your last two words are at least honest.

Last edited:

LittleNipper

I believe he is referring to the days when people hid the fact that they were homosexual or bisexual. The days when women were stuck in the kitchen and men were in power. Those days that naivity and bigotry ruled the country.

There were also people in prison, but they were not moving into a majority...

Zorro1227

I want to thank you LN for reopening my eyes to the ridiculous ideals of religious people in this world. You have made me feel thankful that I live in a generation where my sexual desires are embraced by society and not tucked away as you would like them to be. I will feel much more liberated now everytime I am having sex with my boyfriend with no intent to procreate and when I am commiting some sinful lesbian act!

LittleNipper

I find this comment hilarious seeing that you have twisted and warped the the "truth" as well. :clap

No, you likely believe that the Bible supports "gay" marriage. That is twisting the truth ---- the Bible does no such thing. You likely accept that one's actions have no influence on what other's say or do. That is twisting the truth because if that were true, then advertisements and political campaigns would serve no practical purpose.

LittleNipper

You sound like a ******* moron.

So, the sexual revolution was a good thing.

That's not a problem today.

Right. So, you long for the days when we knew our place.

Never happened.

Like today.

Yeah, you seem to have a problem with choice in general.

I'll excuse your french and chalk it up to bad habits.

Zorro1227

No, you likely believe that the Bible supports "gay" marriage. That is twisting the truth ---- the Bible does no such thing. You likely accept that one's actions have no influence on what other's say or do. That is twisting the truth because if that were true, then advertisements and political campaigns would serve no practical purpose.

The Bible does not say anything about gay marraige and I do not need to twist words in the Bible because I do not believe it is accurate. It is a book written by humans not by god. However, you have been twisting the words in the Bible and you cannot deny that. Especially since you have not used any scripture to back up your case.