• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A "gay" Episcopal priest's view of marriage

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Ok folks, back on track now!
Lets discuss the statement in the OP, it was... uh wait, the question in the OP was....hold on...

What is this thread supposed to be about anyway?

Humanistheart

"My position on sexual exclucsivity ... is that it is NOT in fact a requirement for a validChristia marriage." So stated Father Robert Williams, whose contovercial views led to his departure from the Episcopal Church. He went on to die of AIDS complications in 1992.
A strict form of monogamous sexual fedelity, he noted, is "anoption some couples CHOOSE. Others do not, and yet have life-long, grace-filled, covenant relationships." Regardless of how shortened they may become ---- it would seem.

That's very intersting. Was a link to this article posted somewhere here?
Live a short sweet life, sounds better than a long unfullfilling one :)

Humanistheart

Ok folks, back on track now!
Lets discuss the statement in the OP, it was... uh wait, the question in the OP was....hold on...

What is this thread supposed to be about anyway?

I think it's open as no question or challenge was included in the OP, but I could be wrong.

Duck

Because I feel the sexual revolution of the 1960's has finally fallen into the cesspool to which it was headed and is dragging Western "Civilization" with it. The modern society has reverted to slime.

So why exactly are you on the internet? Why haven't you left "modern" society behind and moved into a cave to let all of us doomed sinners go to hell in peace?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So why exactly are you on the internet? Why haven't you left "modern" society behind and moved into a cave to let all of us doomed sinners go to hell in peace?
Because God himself has condemned the poor boy to a life of mocking, condemning, ridiculing, annoying, and entertaining all of us unbelieving heathen sinners.

Geez, I thought that that was obvious....:rolleyes:

Duck

Because God himself has condemned the poor boy to a life of mocking, condemning, ridiculing, annoying, and entertaining all of us unbelieving heathen sinners.

Geez, I thought that that was obvious....:rolleyes:

Yah, it should have been, dang these night shifts and daytime phone calls!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Because I feel the sexual revolution of the 1960's has finally fallen into the cesspool to which it was headed and is dragging Western "Civilization" with it. The modern society has reverted to slime.

Do you get out much? I have a friend who feels the same way you do, but he doesn't get out much; he only watches FOX and CNN, and reads his bible. Maybe a little sun would help you?

LittleNipper

Society is moving into the cave. I'm merely trying to keep a candle lit. Even Noah preached until the FLOOD came.

LittleNipper

Do you get out much? I have a friend who feels the same way you do, but he doesn't get out much; he only watches FOX and CNN, and reads his bible. Maybe a little sun would help you?

I go out to smell the roses, while society goes out to get more tattoos and tongue piercings...

LittleNipper

Oh here we go... What is wrong with tattos and tongue piercings?

Permanence, infection, and expense-------it is one thing to buy a ring which can give away or trade in for cash. It is another to throw money away on something one maybe very sorry for later and be stuck with a scar for the rest of one's life.

But it's only money ------ something the poor wish they had...

Commoner

Headache
Permanence, infection, and expense-------it is one thing to buy a ring which can give away or trade in for cash. It is another to throw money away on something one maybe very sorry for later and be stuck with a scar for the rest of one's life.

A bit like having kids.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
LN: I'm pretty sure you have quite a few open questions in this thread. Perhaps you'd take a moment to review them? Thank you.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Ah, so they're okay for rich people, but not poor people. Got it.