• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A "gay" Episcopal priest's view of marriage

LittleNipper

I do not claim to know what happens after death because no one knows. If I am wrong I honestly do not care. I do not want to live eternity with your god.

And I do not try to fit in because I do not fit in. I have my own personal beliefs that some agree with and others do not. However, unlike you I do not try to push my beliefs on others.

I care. I don't try to push my beliefs on others. I simply express them, and find others unreceptive.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Eternity is all that counts and not temporal enjoyment that soon grows old.

This is so sad, and one of the worst things about Christianity. I think LIttleNipper is frittering away his only chance at life, in the expectation of an afterlife which, at best, is speculative, and more probably non-existent. It's so sad and unnecessary.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
But what I really wonder about LittleNipper is why he's willing to spend so much of his limited time worrying about other people's sex lives. I say get on with your own life, LN, much better use of your limited time.

Commoner

Headache
But what I really wonder about LittleNipper is why he's willing to spend so much of his limited time worrying about other people's sex lives. I say get on with your own life, LN, much better use of your limited time.

But his life is eternal. :eek:

He's using this time to pack for the afterlife - you can understand if he's a little bit stressed, he wouldn't want to forget anything on account of all the distracting sex.

Zorro1227

I have a very close friend who is gay; however, he grew up in a very conservative church. He has beaten himself up for it and is now dating women. It makes me so sad to see him deny himself for the acceptance of his family and church. He secretly dated many different men for a long time. How sad is that? Church's causing beautiful people to feel ashamed and disgusted by who they really are. I would have much more respect for christians if they would learn how to love and accept homosexuals for who they are. This is a big reason why I do not believe in the Bible's teachings. I think you need to read this article LN and then I would like to see how you react to homosexuals... Teach Ministries: To Educate Against the Consequences of Homophobia

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I have a very close friend who is gay; however, he grew up in a very conservative church. He has beaten himself up for it and is now dating women. It makes me so sad to see him deny himself for the acceptance of his family and church. He secretly dated many different men for a long time. How sad is that?
I had a friend years ago who was much the same. She was a devout Christian, and went back and forth between trying to deny her sexuality and self-destructive attempts to deny her faith. When she wasn't trying to force herself to be straight, she resorted to drugs and abusive relationships to numb the pain of denying God. Either way, she was full of self-loathing.

Zorro1227

I had a friend years ago who was much the same. She was a devout Christian, and went back and forth between trying to deny her sexuality and self-destructive attempts to deny her faith. When she wasn't trying to force herself to be straight, she resorted to drugs and abusive relationships to numb the pain of denying God. Either way, she was full of self-loathing.

It is so sad to me that a religion can cause so much pain. My own parents still do not know that I am bisexual. If I told them I would not be allowed around my own sisters anymore.

LittleNipper

The hell you don't! Your disgusting attempt to exploit Ozzie's pain might have been deleted, but it wasn't forgotten. You're not just a proselytizer, you're a vulture.

Ozzie's pain is compounded by a society that essentually says, 'There's no hope but we are sorry anyway.' I don't believe in political correctness. If a person is sad at the future passing of another because there seems a feeling of emptiness, dispare and an unfulfilled longing ------------- that points to a need to know and understand. 'I'm sorry,' doesn't fit that bill. It is meaningless and really provides NO HOPE. Life provides the situations and I do try to point people to GOD. I make no money off anyone and I gain no votes. Think what you like, but I say you are wrong.

LittleNipper

Turn the sexuality over to GOD and HE will create a new creature who will regard sex in a new light.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Turn the sexuality over to GOD and HE will create a new creature who will regard sex in a new light.
Yeah, it doesn't work. Maybe because God doesn't actually have a problem with it.

queer.png