• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A "gay" Episcopal priest's view of marriage

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Sorry, but homme don't by that. I long for the days when women who wanted a career were free to seek it, but did not feel that they needed to have children as pets, and strange bedfellows as their right.

I long for the days when slavery had ended because of a biblical influence among the pagan ritualists, and blacks were emerging by their own sweat and were becoming respected.

I long for the days when real men married nice women because they liked the idea of having a family.

I long for the days when the above were perhaps only the ideal, but this was still considered the best for society and something to aim for and not just another choice..

Sounds like Iran is the country for you. There you can wallow in a religious and primitive lifestyle and you won't have to worry about such nasty things as equality, rights and freedom. Because this is the U.S., boy. Not the backwards thirdworld theocracy you long for.

And did you know that the bible actually condones and advocates slavery, even incoraging the beating of disobediant slaves? It even gives detailed instructions on how to sell ones own daughter as a sex slave. It seems like you've never picked up a history book, or even your own little bible.

Last edited:

LittleNipper

It is so sad to me that a religion can cause so much pain. My own parents still do not know that I am bisexual. If I told them I would not be allowed around my own sisters anymore.

I would say a bisexual has no reason not to marry the opposite sex, and then have healthy sexual relations ---- resulting in a wonderful family with as many children as GOD will provide.

LittleNipper

Sounds like Iran is the country for you. There you can wallow in a religious and primitive lifestyle and you won't have to worry about such nasty things as equality, rights and freedom.

And did you know that the bible actually condones and advocates slavery, even incoraging the beating of disobediant slaves? It even gives detailed instructions on how to sell ones own daughter as a sex slave. It seems like you've never picked up a history book, or even your own little bible.

Actually, it would seem that democratic ideals are not desirable to people who hate what the majority needs. And the Bible can be twisted to say anything to those looking to not accept its wisdom.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I would say a bisexual has no reason not to marry the opposite sex, and then have healthy sexual relations ---- resulting in a wonderful family with as many children as GOD will provide.

What if someone doesn't want marriage or children? I'm a heterosexual male who desires neither of those. Why do religious folks think humanity should behave like an insect colony; mindlessly breeding and consuming, overpopulating the earth and depleting its resources, all in the name of Jeebus?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Actually, it would seem that democratic ideals are not desirable to people who hate what the majority needs.

Luckily the constitution protects the rights, equality and liberties of the minority, which the majority doesn't "need" to violate or trample like you claim. Our founding fathers had the wisdom to prevent democracy from becoming a tyranny of the majority. They also had the wisdom to prevent church from tainting the state.

And the Bible can be twisted to say anything to those looking to not accept its wisdom.

The bits about slavery are all literal, accurate interpretations.

Last edited:

Zorro1227

Who are you to tell me how I should live my life? I am planning on marrying my boyfriend and having children for your information!

Zorro1227

You absolutely disgust me. I have tried to be nice to you, but now you are insulting my character.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Turn the sexuality over to GOD and HE will create a new creature who will regard sex in a new light.

Bluck.

My capacity for love is the best one I have. I treasure it, and would never seek to change it.

Oh, and you're wrong. Or haven't you read the research?

LittleNipper

You absolutely disgust me. I have tried to be nice to you, but now you are insulting my character.

I've done nothing to you. If the thoughts hurt you, it maybe the result of a guilty conscience... You do not disgust me in the least. I simply choose to disagree with your values and what you seem to be basing them on...

Zorro1227

Who am I that I must not say anything? My remarks are clearly in defense of my ideals. I certainly have that right.

Yes you are correct you do have a right to be an a**. However, that street runs both ways and I choose not to sink to your incredibly pathetic level. You do not have the right to insult my character and way of life, however.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

I say a bisexual woman should choose lesbianism; it's so advantageous.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Who am I that I must not say anything? My remarks are clearly in defense of my ideals. I certainly have that right.

You have the right to make all the bigoted, ignorant hateful remarks you want. Has anyone tried to stop you? We also have the right to tell you what we think of them.

Zorro1227

I've done nothing to you. If the thoughts hurt you, it maybe the result of a guilty conscience... You do not disgust me in the least. I simply choose to disagree with your values and what you seem to be basing them on...

If I do not disgust you in the least then you should examine the way you speak to people.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Of course you have that right, but around here we tend to perfer that people's beliefs, views, claims etc. be substantiated by solid evidence and sound logic. So you'll have to provide some if you want to be taken seriously.