• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A "gay" Episcopal priest's view of marriage

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Positive they already hate the fact they I deny the teachings of the Bible. They have no problem choosing a religion over their own children

Maybe they're not aware that the Bible does not prohibit lesbianism. You might want to drop that little tidbit into a nuetral conversation.

Zorro1227

Maybe they're not aware that the Bible does not prohibit lesbianism. You might want to drop that little tidbit into a nuetral conversation.

I actually have tried that; however, they are a lot like our good friend LN :facepalm: There is no hope for my parents.:rolleyes:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If they are not biblical, they cannot be either Jewish nor Christian, they would be those of your own making.

And those of the bible/torah are just the making of ancient, ignorant, primitive, barbaric, superstitious goat herders. I prefer modern, progressive ideals that are actually reasonable, rational and sensible.

LittleNipper

The Bible treats the sins of man as mankind. Women are an important part of mankind. When it says men are not to lie with men as they do with women, the implication is that goes for the women also. Women are not supposed to be as thickheaded as men (according to some women), but perhaps that is changing.

Zorro1227

The Bible treats the sins of man as mankind. Women are an important part of mankind. When it says men are not to lie with men as they do with women, the implication is that goes for the women also. Women are not supposed to be as thickheaded as men (according to some women), but perhaps that is changing.

This is your interpretation of the Bible though. :facepalm:

LittleNipper

And those of the bible/torah are just the making of ancient, ignorant, primitive, barbaric, superstitious goat herders. I prefer modern, progressive ideals that are actually reasonable, rational and sensible.

You actually believe that the Bible is the invention of illiterate, uneducated and a barbaric people? You may just want to read the Proverbs and rethink that remark.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What is your support for this bizarre, idiosyncratic notion, not advocated by a single reputable Biblical scholar?

So what you're saying is that the Bible does not differentiate by gender? It's gender nuetral?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You actually believe that the Bible is the invention of illiterate, uneducated and a barbaric people? You may just want to read the Proverbs and rethink that remark.

Well obviously uneducated, I would say semi-literate and demonstrably barbaric, almost by definition. If "barbaric" doesn't describe the genocide and infanticide proscribed in the OT, then it's meaningless.

Zorro1227

And what exactly is yours ---- and is it consistant?

My interpretation is very consistant (unlike yours). I believe that it was created by MAN not this god that you speak of. I do not believe god would have spoken his word to a bunch of bigoted and anti-gay men.

gnomon

Sorry, but homme don't by that. I long for the days when women who wanted a career were free to seek it, but did not feel that they needed to have children as pets, and strange bedfellows as their right.

I long for the days when slavery had ended because of a biblical influence among the pagan ritualists, and blacks were emerging by their own sweat and were becoming respected.

I long for the days when real men married nice women because they liked the idea of having a family.

I long for the days when the above were perhaps only the ideal, but this was still considered the best for society and something to aim for and not just another choice..

I like to read fantasy novels as well.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
ENOUGH!!!

I could write poetry over your barbaric drivel,
you hypocrite, you bastion of evil!
Sure, Paul did say homosexuality was a sin,
but you shoulda saw the kind of "orderly worship" the church was in!
First Corinthians fourteen, verses thirty-four and thirty-five!
This is the kinda stuff the conservatives want to revive:
Paul said women should remain silent in the churches, they were not aloud to speak!
After all it was the law,
which of course Paul saw
as far more important than what Jesus taught, to be non-judgmental and meek.
And true it says in Leviticus that a man shall not lie with another man,
But it also says not to eat pork, yet that you can!
Jesus railed against hypocrisy and the pharisees,
yet in his own modern-day church, hypocrisy is all that one sees!
One part of God's Holy Word matters and another does not -
After all, they say, eliminating the law was the purpose of the son God begot.
So we Christians can say that this part's true and this part's not,
ignoring the sources and the purpose for us that God sought.
One can learn a lesson from this church, to be sure -
And that's that to be pretty is not to be pure.
I see a diamond, covered in mud, I see a light, covered up by a bowl,
That mocks the stained-windows, glasses, and bottles, the ones who have a less pure soul,
But listen, oh ye shiny and self-righteous, you irritating shrew!
The Lord your God has a message for you, prepared in the gospel of Matthew:
Chapter twenty-five, verses fourty-one through fourty-four!
He separates the goats and the sheep,
And the Bible doth say that you sow what you reap,
You're on the left, truth be told,
you'll be the one left out in the cold,
for while you were out inspiring fear,
the ones who did not even know Jesus were the ones helping the queer.

Phew. But seriously, people like you REALLY TICK ME OFF. People like you are the ones who make me wonder if I'm in the wrong religion, for surely the religion of you is not the religion of me?

Last edited:

Morse

To Extinguish
TheAmazingLoser, you are my hero.

I read several pages too many of this just so I could post something similar.

I would like to point out that both sides being offensive helps nothing as it only gives the other side more fuel and more reason to take a subjective stance. Two wrongs don't make a right unless we're multiplying a negative by a negative to get a positive. But positive numbers aren't right, they are just greater than 0.

Numbers > People

shadze

By their fruits ye shall know them. In this case , I'd have to say that contracting AIDS was the DIRECT result of this priest's selected lifestyle. If one lives by the sword, one will likely die by the sword. Such logic is irrefutable.

really if you use this as a example all heterosexuals are in deeper trouble than the homosexual, after ALL THIER ARE MORE OF YOU. Lets see Jim Jones and Charles Manson just to note a few. You cant use sexual; lifestyle as a example, As Ive said over and over again if you judge one sexuality you judge them all.