• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A person has come to you and says...

Just_me_Mike

I have clarity, I have found inner peace, all makes sense now.

Aside from the feeling this girl or guy might be a creep, would you be inclined to inquire anything from them, or simply point them down the road to the closest clinic?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Aside from the feeling this girl or guy might be a creep, would you be inclined to inquire anything from them, or simply point them down the road to the closest clinic?

Maybe they have clarity, found inner peace, and it all makes sense to them now. If they express clarity, exude peacefulness, and can explain why it makes sense, I'd have no reason to doubt them.

Man of Faith

The first think I would wonder is which false religion has them fooled. Which demon has them swaying in the false comfort of an innner peace. Which humanistic teaching has them blinded to the truth about their condition?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The first think I would wonder is which false religion has them fooled. Which demon has them swaying in the false comfort of an innner peace. Which humanistic teaching has them blinded to the truth about their condition?

Only when you turned that question on yourself, would you find real wisdom.

Blackdog22

Thank you for pointing out how rediculous that statement was Kilgore. I give you an internet "highfive."

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

How do you know that said person hasn't just found Jesus? The OP certainly doesn't deny it.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!

I might out of curiousity ask them to explain, just to see what their method for attaining said clarity was. As far as the clinic reference, that would certainly depend on what their explanation was.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Oh yeah, I would be looking for behavioral and bodily signs to back up those claims. I might well believe in that person. It is not such an extraordinary claim, after all.

Zadok

Zadok

I would wait for a crisis and see how the inner peace thing worked.

Zadok

Tathagata

Freethinker
How do you know that said person hasn't just found Jesus? The OP certainly doesn't deny it.

Because from a Christian perspective, inner peace is that New Age stuff which is a "doctrine of demons" (I've been told that by a Christian). Notice, Jesus is not mentioned in this "inner peace" but Biblically, you cant have innerpeace without Jesus. So if someone finds innerpeace without Jesus, a Christian will likely be critical.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Agreed, but the OP doesn't claim that it happened without Jesus. For all one knows, his very next sentence might be "Because I found Jesus".

Dezzie

Ha! That makes me laugh because I said that once in this forum but later on changed my belief because I researched and learned more about something else. Goes to show that some people never actually mean what they say. :shrug:

waitasec

Veteran Member

explain a false religion...

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish

My what an optimistic view of the world you have. Demons! That must be it! A person can't have peace in this world! :facepalm:

Epicurus_UK

Grunge Monkey

I would say "Have you? That's nice.", and walk slowly and cautiously away.

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
I'd be wondering what they were selling and how long I would have to stand there politely and listen to them before they asked for money or wanted to give me some pamphlets so I could tell them to buzz off.

Someone who really had inner peace and all that would probably want to keep away from other people so they didn't ruin it for them.