• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A poll for the women of RF

read the OP (opening post)

• i would rather be cheated on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i would divorce him if he did either one

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • i would allow him to marry another woman than have him cheat on me secretly

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I wouldn't allow him to marry another, but I wouldn't divorce him for the suggestion, either.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
to the women, would you rather have your husband:

cheat on you behind your back and later find out about it

OR

would you rather have him come up to you and say "i want to marry another woman also" and discuss it with him?
(if he was to marry another woman, then you should both have a house each, be free to work if you wanted but to keep the money for yourself etc)

whats the reasoning behind your answer?

there will be a few follow up threads to this. i will post the links to this OP.

EDIT: here are the links

A poll for the men of RF
Your poll doesn't include my option. I wouldn't allow him to marry another, but I wouldn't divorce him for the suggestion, either.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Your poll doesn't include my option. I wouldn't allow him to marry another, but I wouldn't divorce him for the suggestion, either.

i think i really should have put that one, i will get one of the staff to do it, the poll doesn't give you ladies that many options does it?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Not enough choices. Assuming I was heterosexual, I want a choice for, "I would rather he talk to me so we can agree to have a mutual, honest, equal, open relationship." In other words, sauce for goose = sauce for gander. If so, I'm open.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Not enough choices. Assuming I was heterosexual, I want a choice for, "I would rather he talk to me so we can agree to have a mutual, honest, equal, open relationship." In other words, sauce for goose = sauce for gander. If so, I'm open.

Shoot. I wish I had given this as an addendum to my first reply. Thanks, Auto. :)

But this gave me another bit of insight where I'm with UV and Nanda......my husband does allow me to see other women, too. So, the poll really is only fit for hetero women and not quite for homosexuals nor those of us in the bisexual category.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
i appologise for not having any options for the bisexual or homosexual members, it's not that i've had any of that sort of experience, i don't know why a woman would not want her female partner to have another one besides her. that to me seems like a strange question to ask, even though i've already written it.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Shoot. I wish I had given this as an addendum to my first reply. Thanks, Auto. :)

But this gave me another bit of insight where I'm with UV and Nanda......my husband does allow me to see other women, too. So, the poll really is only fit for hetero women and not quite for homosexuals nor those of us in the bisexual category.
A monogamous nature is more of a requirement than heterosexuality, I think. A monogamous lesbian can ajust switch the gender. And, I know you know but it still has to be said :)() bisexual does not automatically mean polyamorous.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
A monogamous nature is more of a requirement than heterosexuality, I think. A monogamous lesbian can ajust switch the gender. And, I know you know but it still has to be said :)() bisexual does not automatically mean polyamorous.

Absolutely, sweetheart. Thank you so much for clarifying further. :hug:

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
Interesting, I think in my relationship I would be a lot more likely to bring another woman into the relationship than my husband. :)
I am all up for an honest discussion, and no need for a separate house also, I firmly believe in advantages of the communal living and as far as who is sleeping with whom is concerned, cant we just get a bigger bed?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Interesting, I think in my relationship I would be a lot more likely to bring another woman into the relationship than my husband. :)
I am all up for an honest discussion, and no need for a separate house also, I firmly believe in advantages of the communal living and as far as who is sleeping with whom is concerned, cant we just get a bigger bed?

by saying

"I would be a lot more likely to bring another woman into the relationship than my husband"

you actually mean a woman for him or yourself?

MSizer

MSizer
gee this stuff seems to be common amongs women.

i've never come across anyone who is into males and females.

is this all that common, cos i haven't heard of it appart from you and Mystic

???? Yes, it is very common, mostly in females in my experience, but also in males to a much lesser degree.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

*raises hand*

I'm always surprised when a long-term RFer is unaware of my orientation.

Anyway, it's not actually that uncommon. I'd bet you know a few bis in the closet.

That said, it's also rather trendy in the US, for women at least. We get a lot of chicks pretending, to be more alluring to men. Drives me nuts.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

The jury is still out on that. Although there are tons of media images of women who are "bi-for-guys" in a strange and delusional way to get a man's attention. From personal experience, though, I'd say the statistics run about the same as other members of the GLBTQ community for bisexual women who honestly feel sexual, emotional, mental, and romantic attraction for both genders.

As Storm pointed out, though, the sexuality of a person has nothing to do with whether he or she is monogamous or polyamorous.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
but how is it possible to be bisexual, wow, it's really get to me.

which gender do you go for?

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
The jury is still out on that. Although there are tons of media images of women who are "bi-for-guys" in a strange and delusional way to get a man's attention. From personal experience, though, I'd say the statistics run about the same as other members of the GLBTQ community for bisexual women who honestly feel sexual, emotional, mental, and romantic attraction for both genders.

As Storm pointed out, though, the sexuality of a person has nothing to do with whether he or she is monogamous or polyamorous.

I totally agree..

My personal opinion is that jealousy one of the most pointless and destructive emotions there is. So if you are secure in yourself and your relationship, why not introduce more people into it, as long as there is equilibrium within the relationship and everyone is receiving what they desire and also fulfill the requirements of others. I just don't see why we cant love than more than one person. Doesn't loving more than one person also mean being loved by more than one person?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
My personal opinion is that jealousy one of the most pointless and destructive emotions there is.
Monogamy isn't (or at least shouldn't be) about jealousy.

So if you are secure in yourself and your relationship, why not introduce more people into it, as long as there is equilibrium within the relationship and everyone is receiving what they desire and also fulfill the requirements of others.
Because I don't want to.

I just don't see why we cant love than more than one person. Doesn't loving more than one person also mean being loved by more than one person?
Loving is one thing. Sharing my mate is quite another.