• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A poll for the women of RF

read the OP (opening post)

• i would rather be cheated on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i would divorce him if he did either one

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • i would allow him to marry another woman than have him cheat on me secretly

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I wouldn't allow him to marry another, but I wouldn't divorce him for the suggestion, either.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'd rather he add another wife to our marriage. I don't have a problem with this - I believe in the concept of polyamory, that people are capable of loving more than one person at the same time.

It's funny you should mention this, because my husband actually has a serious girlfriend, and we've been discussing recently what this will mean for our future. She lives in her own apartment about 15 minutes away right now, but some day she'll likely come live with us. And then maybe a little further along, we'll buy a bigger house. He wants to have more children, and I don't, so I assume they'll probably have kids together, and in order for that to happen, we'll need a bigger place. I wouldn't want her and any kids they have to live in a separate place from their father.
And all of this happened after you started watching Big Love, huh, Nanda? :facepalm: Didn't you learn anything from Bill and his wives? :D

blackout

Violet.
Maybe you wouldnt wish he got a girlfreind he was treating you better!Paying nicer attention to you!

Love

Dallas

Well I truly am of a poly nature though.
My crap marriage is it's own seperate issue.
It may be tempting for a non poly to say,
"see? she's not really poly.... she's just not happy in her marriage"
but that would not be the case.

Economic strangulation is not the cause of my marital failure either,
but it certainly limits one's ability to make any big life changes.
With money we might have been able to work with the situation
in a way where we could have all stayed under the same roof.
Now my roof will be rented out to strangers,
and me and the kids will need to find a much smaller one of our own.
It's just best that he and I no longer live under the same roof.
It's something we do not do well together.

Last edited:

Aquitaine

eselam, if you (or any other Muslim male) wants to understand most Western Women's attitude to Polygamy, then simply just flip it upside down.

Imagine you and your Wife were together, and then she decides to marry a second, third, and forth Husband. You'd hit the roof.

It's funny how Islam permits Polygyny with such "righteousness", yet if the -gyny of Polygyny is replaced with -andry, then there is Hell to pay and the Woman responsible is condemned to Hell.

Then again, Islam, like most religions is made by Men, run by Men, for the purpose of serving Men.

blackout

Violet.
Perfect! Four of yours and two of mine and we can start our own cult!
:D

*checks katiafish's religion* :p

A poly compound where high collars & skirts below the knee are punishable by
sindel_whip.gif

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I wouldn't divorce him for the suggestion, but I don't think I would want to share him.
I've never had a husband though, so I cannot say for sure. I think I might feel jealous
if my spouse married someone else too. I'm not really sure though, since I don't have
anyone like that in my life. I suppose Baggins is the closest thing, and I'm his human,
but I wouldn't be upset if he wanted another human too. I do think I'd want him to
love me the most though.

Nanda

Polyanna
And all of this happened after you started watching Big Love, huh, Nanda? :facepalm: Didn't you learn anything from Bill and his wives? :D

The key difference here is that the girlfriend and I are not a couple of complete lunatics who hide enormous secrets from each other and secretly resent the plural marriage. :p We also don't have to deal with the hypocrisy of a husband who gets to have multiple partners while we don't.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Basically, eselam's poll seems to be leading in the direction of all the women at RF joining one big women-only commune. Sounds good to me.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
eselam, if you (or any other Muslim male) wants to understand most Western Women's attitude to Polygamy, then simply just flip it upside down.

Imagine you and your Wife were together, and then she decides to marry a second, third, and forth Husband. You'd hit the roof.

It's funny how Islam permits Polygyny with such "righteousness", yet if the -gyny of Polygyny is replaced with -andry, then there is Hell to pay and the Woman responsible is condemned to Hell.

Then again, Islam, like most religions is made by Men, run by Men, for the purpose of serving Men.

Exactly!

Love

Dallas

(and in Christianity ..Its only the "sharing for a husband"..NO MAN is "Godly" for sharing his wife with another MAN! ) That is HER being a WHORE! Or a harlett or something..Even if she has sex outside of MARRIAGE!

Im not saying anything else .

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Basically, eselam's poll seems to be leading in the direction of all the women at RF joining one big women-only commune. Sounds good to me.

Its good to you..but not to women like me that rely on being loved by a man.(in all ways).

I mean "sexually" a women to me would be a side salad.Not bad but I want the meat.Even the scruffy face and stuff like that..

Love

Dallas

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Its good to you..but not to women like me that rely on being loved by a man.(in all ways).

I mean "sexually" a women to me would be a side salad.Not bad but I want the meat.Even the scruffy face and stuff like that..

Love

Dallas

Well I'm sure we could work something out, Dallas, for you.

Aquitaine

You have to understand that these two Polls are in responce to a debate on Polygyny in Islam.

Unfortunately, eselam hasn't quite worded the questions in favour for an equal, balance Poll.

One of the Poll options should be:

"No. I do not want my Husband to cheat on me or marry another Woman, Monogamy between us is what's important."

All the current Poll options are based around the Man already attempting to cheat on the Woman, just in different ways.

Instead of it being about how you'd best prefer your Man to cheat on you, it shoudl be about whether or not you'd want your Man to cheat on you.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Ultra, I am really, truly sorry that you're hurting in this relationship. You DO sound overburdened and under appreciated.

I really wish your husband treated you better.

Don't wish him on another woman when he doesn't treat the one he has well! Sounds like he needs some sort of rude awakening.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey Esalam,
some really good points made here by members. I have to say, back in high school when my large group of friends were talking about bisexuality, myself and one other girl were the only ones who claimed to have no interest in sexual relations with other females. Most wanted to experiment even though they prefered men.

Also, Paul made a really good point. Basically, many western women would consider their husband having numerous women as offensive and hurtful as you would feel if a woman took on numerous husbands.

You also have to consider how a society views marriage, for what purpose. In western society we have very romantic notions. Two people complete each other. More than two people create jealousy, favouritism, and really weird psychological phenomenons. Except for a very few people (who all seem to be on this site!), the idea of polygamy is unacceptable.

blackout

Violet.
Ultra, I am really, truly sorry that you're hurting in this relationship. You DO sound overburdened and under appreciated.

I really wish your husband treated you better.

Don't wish him on another woman when he doesn't treat the one he has well! Sounds like he needs some sort of rude awakening.

He is overburdened and feels under appreciated as well.

He would do much better with an ethnically similar woman.
I'm quite sure he would not have at least %80 of the issues we have
with a woman of a similar cultural background to his.

In his defense he works two full time jobs plus overtime,
hardly ever sleeps...
and has NOTHING personal to show for it.
And the debt never decreases.

Better to just rent the house and move on.
I hope he finds something for himself in all of this as well.

At least he may be able to afford himself some sleep
and an occasional vacation.