• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

abiogenesis

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Of course. It's derived from the Latin "volva" meaning "deadly snail" or "Swedish car" and the Greek "Iluva" meaning "lady parts". The Iluvatar is located between a woman's Eä and her Ainu.

That wasn't so hard- don't you people have a gynecological dictionary around? :confused:

Haha. This is awesome.

The Neo Nerd

Of course. It's derived from the Latin "volva" meaning "deadly snail" or "Swedish car" and the Greek "Iluva" meaning "lady parts". The Iluvatar is located between a woman's Eä and her Ainu.

That wasn't so hard- don't you people have a gynecological dictionary around? :confused:

Ok so i'm gonna put on my stupid hat and ask a stupid question.

Are we talking about the perineum?

-Q

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Ok so i'm gonna put on my stupid hat and ask a stupid question.

Are we talking about the perineum?

-Q
From abiogenesis to the perineum in 43 posts! That has to be a record. :eek:

I was just being trollish and coy yet really obtuse at the same time... :sarcastic

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Iluvatar is God! Probably the coolest God-concept, because He created the world through the music of the Ainur.

Haven't you ever read Tolkein!?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Iluvatar is God! Probably the coolest God-concept, because He created the world through the music of the Ainur.

Haven't you ever read Tolkein!?
Never heard of him. Wait- didn't he write that Horatio Potter series or something? Or did he write those twinkle vampire books? I forget.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Never heard of him. Wait- didn't he write that Horatio Potter series or something? Or did he write those twinkle vampire books? I forget.

...don't even compare the greatness of Tolkien's work to that mindless trash that is Twilight... and don't call them vampires, 'cause they're not. Stephanie Meyers is an insult to all writers everywhere.

Harry Potter was written by J.K. Rowling, a woman, in the early 90s.

Tolkien wrote the Hobbit in the 30s for children. Over a period of 12 years, wrote LOTR, which was published in the '50s. The Silmarillion was his life-work mythology, which he had started working on in the trenches of WWI, and published after his death in the 70s.

Do you read books at all?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
...don't even compare the greatness of Tolkien's work to that mindless trash that is Twilight... and don't call them vampires, 'cause they're not. Stephanie Meyers is an insult to all writers everywhere.

Tolkien wrote the Hobbit in the 30s for children. Over a period of 12 years, wrote LOTR, which was published in the '50s. The Silmarillion was his life-work mythology, which he had started working on in the trenches of WWI, and published after his death in the 70s.

Uh, Lord of the Rings was directed by Peter Jackson, not some guy named Token...

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Uh, Lord of the Rings was directed by Peter Jackson, not some guy named Token...

Lord of the Rings was a book originally, not a movie. I loved the movies, to be sure, but they weren't originally movies.

The books were published in the 50s. If you watch the movies, watch the making-ofs. The Extended DVDs include hour-long documentaries all about Tolkien and the books.

Oh, and the Hobbit, which was published in the 30s, is set to start filming (again directed by Jackson) next month. Would you like me to give you a brief synopsis of how the plot goes?

Then again, if you want, you could go watch that really bad cartoon version of the Hobbit.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Lord of the Rings was a book originally, not a movie. I loved the movies, to be sure, but they weren't originally movies.

The books were published in the 50s. If you watch the movies, watch the making-ofs. The Extended DVDs include hour-long documentaries all about Tolkien and the books.

Oh, and the Hobbit, which was published in the 30s, is set to start filming (again directed by Jackson) next month. Would you like me to give you a brief synopsis of how the plot goes?

Then again, if you want, you could go watch that really bad cartoon version of the Hobbit.

Oh, the Hobbit - That's the one where the dwarf has to protect the human baby from the evil queen with the help of Val Kilmer, right?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es

So you're saying Tolkien didn't write those Horatio Potter books about sparkly vampires? Huh.

Huh? Wait a second. I thought you said J.R.R. Rowling wrote that series about a vampire kid that goes to a wizard community college?

I had a library card once but the librarians kicked me out because I kept asking if they had any copies of them Tolkien vampire books you keep talking about. You must really like glowing vampire wizard stories the way you go on about this J.K. Tolkien lady.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Oh, the Hobbit - That's the one where the dwarf has to protect the human baby from the evil queen with the help of Val Kilmer, right?

...WHAT?

You know what, I think you're just pulling my leg. Well, it's not funny. It's sad.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
So you're saying Tolkien didn't write those Horatio Potter books about sparkly vampires? Huh.

Huh? Wait a second. I thought you said J.R.R. Rowling wrote that series about a vampire kid that goes to a wizard community college?

I had a library card once but the librarians kicked me out because I kept asking if they had any copies of them Tolkien vampire books you keep talking about. You must really like glowing vampire wizard stories the way you go on about this J.K. Tolkien lady.

And I think you're just pulling my leg, too.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
As much as I can't stand blasphemy against Tolkien, that was still sort of funny.

But you guys were about to cross the line. :pirate:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
As much as I can't stand blasphemy against Tolkien, that was still sort of funny.

But you guys were about to cross the line. :pirate:

I think I may be a bit more of a geek, because their feign of ignorance crossed it right away for me.

...though, seeing as I call myself a nerd, but I dare to be unfamiliar with Dr. Who, I guess I can't say anything. :shrug: