• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion Debate (US)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
With a variance in regards to normal. I know, since I am one of those.
I have PTSD, anxiety disorder and panic disorder. So I guess I'm mentally ill.
I am fully capable of processing and acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience and the senses.
Blastocysts/zygotes/fetuses are not capable of these things, and so I find the comparison to be absurd.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I have PTSD, anxiety disorder and panic disorder. So I guess I'm mentally ill.
I am fully capable of processing and acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience and the senses.
Blastocysts/zygotes/fetuses are not capable of these things, and so I find the comparison to be absurd.

Yeah, I am like you, but some of our tribe do not have full developed brains and full cognition.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
No, that was you, drawing an analogy of a pregnant person having "invite[d] a person to enter into your house."

Just as consent to, say, going on a date isn't consent to sex, consent to sex isn't consent to pregnancy.

Do you deny the importance of consent across the board, or do you only deny it for women?
Before we deal with anomalies, we will have to first have a general principle. It is you custom to accentuate an anomaly and then make that the general principle.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
but then you are taking what I said and took it out of context.

There is no one context when there are several people, several understandings, several behaviours and a complex world of even more factors.

You choose one framing. I choose another. That is what happened.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Can seriously mentally ill people take care of themselves or decide if they should live? Nope.

Nor can they control how normal people force them to live, but that is not a problem because normal is the universal standard for a good, healthy and productive life.
Don't start with mentally ill people, unless you are one. I am one and for that I am not nice.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Nor can they control how normal people force them to live, but that is not a problem because normal is the universal standard for a good, healthy and productive life.
Don't start with mentally ill people, unless you are one. I am one and for that I am not nice.
I don't know what that means.