• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is never justifiable, even in rape cases

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Really? I've heard of rapists who have gotten quite upset when the woman told them she would get an abortion. Seems they thought, like you, that they had a moral right to make her bear their children.

You're not including false concepts like 'rape within marriage' or 'date rape' or whatever, are you?
It's only rape if the dude is wearing a balaclava, and the women kicks and screams the whole time.

Piggus

So you think its alright to rape women or any female? That is disgusting.

Why should a woman be forced to have a child she never intended to have.

Where have I said it is 'right' to be raped? No, I have not said that - you are twisting my words.

And why should a child be murdered through no fault of its own?

Giving birth is not as bad as murder.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
But every sperm and egg could well be a life, but they ain't, just because an egg is fertilized doesn't mean it is already a human, or life as we know it, there is so many other stages that it must go through.

Piggus

@Piggus

I take it you think it is perfectly normal for a gay person to rape a strait person too.

I bet you would be the first to volunteer for that too.

I've never said rape is normal, so why are you making things up?

But if this were to happen, then abortion should not be allowed.

Slapstick

I've never said rape is normal, so why are you making things up?

But if this were to happen, then abortion should not be allowed.
You did too mention rape.

If a rapist raped your wife would you raise the rapist’s child that raped your wife?

Or tell her to have an abortion.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Abortion is wrong, even when a woman is raped because it is not the child's fault.

If God wills a child to be born then so be it, the manner of conception is up to Him.

Women having abortions and their doctors should be punished.

I believe that is fair, do you?

No. It's not fair...at all.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Does the corpse has the right to get up and tell a doctor to kill the person who wants its heart?

Just askin.

if the corpse were capable of doing such then yes he has every right to tell the doctor. That doesn't mean the doctor has to follow through on the corpse's request.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Where have I said it is 'right' to be raped? No, I have not said that - you are twisting my words.

And why should a child be murdered through no fault of its own?

Giving birth is not as bad as murder.

even if it winds up killing the mother?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Abortion is wrong, even when a woman is raped because it is not the child's fault.
What child? A embryo doesn't possess the qualities that define personhood.

If God wills a child to be born then so be it, the manner of conception is up to Him.
No person of honor or integrity would abide such a sadistic and ghoulish injustice, regardless of how powerful of an entity commits it.

Women having abortions and their doctors should be punished.
Nope. Their bodies, their choice.

Far from it.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member

I believe that if your concept of "fair" was made into law in my country, it would easily merit civil war, unless:

1) You will pay all monetary and resource costs associated with unwanted pregnancies and childrearing.
2) You will provide easy access to birth control - in any form - to a man or woman who requests it free of charge.
3) You will sponsor strong incentives for sterility and small family sizes and penalize those who have more than two biological children.
4) You will require any man who rapes to be castrated, and any woman who rapes to have a hysterectomy.

Sounds fair, right? Extraordinary requests demand extraordinary accommodations.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Semantics does not change the issue.

The murder of children, fetuses, babies, whatever you want to call it , is murder and is against the order of the Lord.

Child murderers must be punished, or do you think they should be allowed to carry on living in this kind of vile sin?

I think they should be allowed to carry on living in this kind of sin.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
The baby's life is more important than the mothers' , as he/she is a new product of God.

And who are you to judge whose life is more important?

Besides you never answered the question: is everything that happens god's will?