• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is never justifiable, even in rape cases

AmbiguousGuy

And who are you to judge whose life is more important?

To be fair, I don't think he's judging whose life is more important but rather just informing us of God's judgment on the matter.

An actual prophet of God has fallen among us. I see it as an opportunity. I have always longed to question God directly, but this is second best. We can ask Piggus (strange name for a prophet, eh?) what God thinks about anything at all!

Kalidas

To be fair, I don't think he's judging whose life is more important but rather just informing us of God's judgment on the matter.

An actual prophet of God has fallen among us. I see it as an opportunity. I have always longed to question God directly, but this is second best. We can ask Piggus (strange name for a prophet, eh?) what God thinks about anything at all!

If he is the next "prophet" I fear that God has forsaken us.

Flankerl

No, the child would be abandoned, left to the wolves.

Natural justice would work here, and perhaps God would allow the child to live with someone else.

Obvious troll is obvious.

A mod should delete this thread.

Me Myself

Back to my username
मैत्रावरुणिः;3589426 said:
Why are disgusting threads like this allowed to be posted?!?! The OP is indirectly supporting pro-rape! Disgusting!!

At least not in the OP I am reading, though I wouldnt be surprised he was pro. Rape on some other posts as he does seem like a poe.

In the OP, the stance is simple : lets not make more victims out of the issue.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
They can do what they want with their own bodies but when it comes to the murder of children, then they must be stopped.

I believe that is 100% fair, don't you?

One small point of order, if you will. Murder is a legal term that indicates an unlawful taking of life. Abortion, being legal, cannot be murder. Also, there is no clear defining consensus that says when a fetus becomes a child. So your whole argument is simply a manifestation of your insulted sensibilities and nothing more.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Abortion is wrong, even when a woman is raped because it is not the child's fault.

If God wills a child to be born then so be it, the manner of conception is up to Him.

Women having abortions and their doctors should be punished.

I believe that is fair, do you?

I believe it's fortunate that the law is above such misguided opinions, and that it has managed to remain so.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
It would be ilegal for the doctor to actually kill the person who was asking for the heart, yes?

Yes it would be
How do you say then that even acknowledging personhood to the unborn women have less rights than corpses if not allowed to abort?

The women is being forced against her will to use her body to support the life of another without her consent. In the case of a dead person he has to give pre-mortem consent before any part of his body can be used to support the life of another, even though he's dead and no longer has any use for it.

If the sanctity of life matters so much to you that you feel a woman must carry on an unwanted pregnancy then why not also advocate a legal requirment for all corpses to donate their organs for transplants. Several people, including children, die every year because of needed organ transplants they are unable to recieve. It's the same basic concept.

Besides do you know anything about the dangers, the health risks, chances of death, injury, and illness to both mother and child that come as a result of pregnancy?

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
yes, it is God's will, and I am a follower of He, so am a reliable judge.

Then by extension wouldn't that mean it was also god's will for the woman to get an abortion? I mean if everything that happens is god's will then it follows that abortion would be as well.

Abortion is wrong, even when a woman is raped because it is not the child's fault.
If God wills a child to be born then so be it, the manner of conception is up to Him.
Women having abortions and their doctors should be punished.
I believe that is fair, do you?
I don't like abortion any more than the next guy, but did you stop to consider that if
God truly wanted an individual to be born in that particular body, He – given His
Omniscience – would have made sure that the individual's body was conceived by
someone He knew would not have an abortion?

Just a thought. :)

-

adi2d

Then by extension wouldn't that mean it was also god's will for the woman to get an abortion? I mean if everything that happens is god's will then it follows that abortion would be as well.

Logic doesn't work against a poe

If OP was serious he would get off his duff and invent an artificial womb. Then the fetus could be transferred from the woman to the machine. Of course then he would have to care what happens to the child after it is born

So much easier to just sit in judgment with no responsibility

Me Myself

Back to my username
Yes it would be

The women is being forced against her will to use her body to support the life of another without her consent. In the case of a dead person he has to give pre-mortem consent before any part of his body can be used to support the life of another, even though he's dead and no longer has any use for it.

If the sanctity of life matters so much to you that you feel a woman must carry on an unwanted pregnancy then why not also advocate a legal requirment for all corpses to donate their organs for transplants. Several people, including children, die every year because of needed organ transplants they are unable to recieve. It's the same basic concept.

Besides do you know anything about the dangers, the health risks, chances of death, injury, and illness to both mother and child that come as a result of pregnancy?

I think it would be outstanding that we valued life enough for us to not let people die because a corpse is too sacred TBH.

I think terminating the life of the child could be justifiable if it threatens the life of the mother, but not because she simply doesnt want to be a mother so lets kill it.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
No, the child would be abandoned, left to the wolves.

Natural justice would work here, and perhaps God would allow the child to live with someone else.

So pro-birth but not pro-life.

It's official, we have a poe.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I think it would be outstanding that we valued life enough for us to not let people die because a corpse is too sacred TBH.

On this i actually agree with you.

I think terminating the life of the child could be justifiable if it threatens the life of the mother, but not because she simply doesnt want to be a mother so lets kill it.

And here we'll just have to agree to disagree. Though in truth most women who get abortions aren't doing it simply because they don't want a baby. There's far more to it than that and we can never know a woman's circumstances which led to her decision. So i feel it is unfair to judge her, especially since the line where a glob of cells becomes a human is so vague.

Me Myself

Back to my username
On this i actually agree with you.

And here we'll just have to agree to disagree. Though in truth most women who get abortions aren't doing it simply because they don't want a baby. There's far more to it than that and we can never know a woman's circumstances which led to her decision. So i feel it is unfair to judge her, especially since the line where a glob of cells becomes a human is so vague.

Al decisions are done for more reasons than those that we can imagine.

Its impossible not to judge people and it would be incredibly detrimental to not judge people.

Now assuming she is a "bad" person would be useless, just as it would be useless to assume a lot of people through history were "bad" persons simply for being children of their time. People say that glob of cells its not yet human so its not, in the past they said those black people were not human so they were not, etc.

Its not about saying the person its "bad" , its about an attitude that diminishes huuman value on my view.

In any case, I must say I am today against making abortion ilegal, simply because it seems it doesnt bear any fruit, no decrease, etc.

Its a real shame though.

Thana

Lady
Mm, Well.
Let someone shove a baby you don't want in your belly, Then have the law force you to give birth to it.

Then we'll see what your newly informed perspective is :)