• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About Jinns

The Jinn are the fallen angels. It is the term the Qur'an uses for them.

The offspring that the fallen angels had when they took wifes are the evil spirits. That is why the bible says that satan, the fallen angels, and the evil spirits are cast into ...

TJ73

The Jinn are the fallen angels. It is the term the Qur'an uses for them.

The offspring that the fallen angels had when they took wifes are the evil spirits. That is why the bible says that satan, the fallen angels, and the evil spirits are cast into ...

Not according to Islam. They are not fallen Angels. Angels are a creation on to their own just as we are and Jinn are. But because we are not left with a tremendous amount of scripture about any of them, I could see how one could mistaken them for such. It is impossible to accuratly imagine either Angels or Jinn, so the two maybe confused or "fused" by some.
But Muslims and Christians both believe that Angels are without free will. So I have a hard time understanding how one could concur that Demons are fallen Angels.

Bowman

Not according to Islam. They are not fallen Angels. Angels are a creation on to their own just as we are and Jinn are. But because we are not left with a tremendous amount of scripture about any of them, I could see how one could mistaken them for such. It is impossible to accuratly imagine either Angels or Jinn, so the two maybe confused or "fused" by some.
But Muslims and Christians both believe that Angels are without free will. So I have a hard time understanding how one could concur that Demons are fallen Angels.

Demons are freewill agents and are fallen angels according to the authors of the Koran.

TJ73

16:49-50 And to Allâh prostate all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, of the live moving creatures and the angels, and they are not proud [i.e. they worship their Lord (Allâh) with humility]. They fear their Lord above them, and they do what they are commanded.

2:102 They followed what the devils gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: the blasphemers Were, not Solomon, but the devils, teaching men Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!

I don't know that you meant for me to give an example from Quran since it is not legitimate in your opinion.

But Angels are not in a postion from which to fall. They are created to do as Allah wills them

Bowman

16:49-50 And to Allâh prostate all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, of the live moving creatures and the angels, and they are not proud [i.e. they worship their Lord (Allâh) with humility]. They fear their Lord above them, and they do what they are commanded.

2:102 They followed what the devils gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: the blasphemers Were, not Solomon, but the devils, teaching men Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!

I don't know that you meant for me to give an example from Quran since it is not legitimate in your opinion.

But Angels are not in a postion from which to fall. They are created to do as Allah wills them

I was looking for a scholarly position which states that the jinn are not freewill agents.

Its pretty clear that the Koran tells us that they are...especially in sura 72...as the jinn are said to have warred in heaven and fell down to earth with the devil...same as declared in the Book of Revelation.

Thus, for them to rebel would mean that they have freewill....yes?

TJ73

I was looking for a scholarly position which states that the jinn are not freewill agents.

Its pretty clear that the Koran tells us that they are...especially in sura 72...as the jinn are said to have warred in heaven and fell down to earth with the devil...same as declared in the Book of Revelation.

Thus, for them to rebel would mean that they have freewill....yes?

Oops...I think I may have misunderstood you. I am of the position that Angels do not have free will. Jinns do have free will and Jinn and Angels are separate creations, so Jinn are not fallen angels. So yes they did rebel and have free will.

Bowman

Oops...I think I may have misunderstood you. I am of the position that Angels do not have free will. Jinns do have free will and Jinn and Angels are separate creations, so Jinn are not fallen angels. So yes they did rebel and have free will.

According to the Koran, jinn are fallen angels.

They are what we call demons...

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
LOL . . . there are no Fallen Angels! Djinns are not a Judeo-Christian concept. What they are, are Servitors/Egregores/Though-Forms created by the Mind. Psychologically speaking they are little bits of Our Higher-Self that we incorporate into our lives in order to manipulate certain aspects of the physical universe.

Blackheart

LOL . . . there are no Fallen Angels! Djinns are not a Judeo-Christian concept. What they are, are Servitors/Egregores/Though-Forms created by the Mind. Psychologically speaking they are little bits of Our Higher-Self that we incorporate into our lives in order to manipulate certain aspects of the physical universe.

So when people have claimed to have been attacked by a Demon does that mean that they are actually attacking themselves? Id love to see that lol