• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam = all Men's nature becomes sinful; Jesus =/= all Men become sinless?

Me Myself

Back to my username
It's because you, adam, didn't agree that Jesus' death paid for your 'errors'— or evils, to be more honest.

Wait wait wait wait.... you don´t believe there was a literal adam?

I have no prob with that at all. I am pleasantly surprised. So you understand the Eden as something symbolic in nature and not something literaly factual?

Villager

The concept wasn't allegorical to Paul, of all people, omg!
Of all people. Poor old plodding Paul, without an imaginative bone in his body. Yup, raaaght on, boh.

Well whaddya know? Jus' lookee here!

'These things may be taken figuratively, because the women represent two covenants.' Gal 4:24

And now for something completely different.

'Death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned after the manner of Adam, who is a figure of he who was to come.' Ro 5:14

Aw, well!

;)

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Of all people. Poor old plodding Paul, without an imaginative bone in his body. Yup, raaaght on, boh.

Well whaddya know? Jus' lookee here!

'These things may be taken figuratively, because the women represent two covenants.' Gal 4:24
That Paul could USE allegory, does not mean that he believed Original Sin was allegory [and that passage is not about Original Sin, to boot].
To him, the fall of Adam was a literal truth.

Ah well.
:no:

Villager

That Paul could USE allegory
That Paul used allegory, at least twice, means that 'Paul, of all people' is utter bunkum, as any scholar notes immediately, with a raised eyebrow; or worse.

does not mean that he believed Original Sin was allegory
But, without other textual support, your job is to prove that he did not. Or, to close down the thread in dust and ashes!

[and that passage is not about Original Sin, to boot]
It is precisely that!

Homework, homework.

And any attempts to misrepresent others are doubtless noted, too.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
That Paul used allegory, at least twice, means that 'Paul, of all people' is utter bunkum, as any scholar notes immediately, with a raised eyebrow; or worse.
But you're not a scholar, and my statement was accurate.
Paul, of all people, being the new leader AND who expounds at length in his writings on the reality of original sin... your argument is quite baseless, and your continued awkward insistence is becoming embarrassing to behold.

But, without other textual support, your job is to prove that he did not. Or, to close down the thread in dust and ashes!
lol, not at all, since the thread is not about proving anything of Paul; this is a side issue. My thread remains strong, and, I might add, the OP question has vexed all the Christians who've come in so far. I am quite proud.

It is precisely that!

Homework, homework.

And any attempts to misrepresent others are doubtless noted, too.
You aren't impressive or threatening to me in any way. Are you pretending to be an admin or something? I know you feel this overwhelming need to vilify me, but, you gnash your teeth in vain, alas.

The part of Galatians about Sarah and Hagar, deals with the allegory of the difference between the sons of the two women, one a slave, the other free, and Paul's concern that the Galatians are losing their faith in Jesus.

The tale of Sarah and Hagar's sons are allegory; nothing about original sin being allegory. In fact taking Galatians as a whole certainly proves my point in terms of what I'm forced to sidetrack about with you...

Your false character assassination attepts are at this point, blatant. You're thye one who appears to have not done their homework.. is this even your own faith, I wonder?

Last edited:

not nom

Perhaps not. But I can read. :)

"scholar" doesn't mean "being able to read". so no, you wouldn't know what a scholar notes with raised eyebrows or not :areyoucra

nobody seems to have answered anything, it just gets rephrased?

"why is forgiveness/salvation a choice, when original sin isn't?"

from what I could make out:

answer 1: "it is a choice"

answer 2: "because people still disobey"

both of which lead to the question why it is a choice :facepalm:

Villager

"scholar" doesn't mean "being able to read".
But scholars can read. And one needs only to be literate to realise that Paul was a scholar and exponent of allegory, typology, metaphor and much else of non-literal character that pervades Old Testament and New— which gave the English language much figurative character.

This 'literalist Paul' notion is too preposterous for words. Only on the internet, where even absurdity snowballs. Absurdity in particular. Particularly where dissing Christianity by chopping straw men is concerned.

Find a real target. If you can.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
But scholars can read. And one needs only to be literate to realise that Paul was a scholar and exponent of allegory, typology, metaphor and much else of non-literal character that pervades Old Testament and New— which gave the English language much figurative character.

This 'literalist Paul' notion is too preposterous for words. Only on the internet, where even absurdity snowballs.
What's absurd is that you think Paul thought there wasn't an actual thing or condition as Original Sin. It would make his entire new cult pointless. Pretty funny way to sidestep your error. But, then again, wasn't it you who said in another thread that the only true Jews, are Christians? Yeah, well, good luck with that.

krsnaraja

Adam is the opposite of Jesus. The ying & yang, The hate & love, The black & white. The sad & happy. Transcend all these dualities, Oh son of Kunti & be situated in the great Self.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Adam is the opposite of Jesus. The ying & yang, The hate & love, The black & white. The sad & happy. Transcend all these dualities, Oh son of Kunti & be situated in the great Self.
Yet then, Jesus' coming completes the Taijitu, and thus, why isn't the Grand Error corrected? :D The cycle should be complete.

Yet, Mankind still suffers.

not nom

well there's that second promised coming.. fire and brimstone, restoration, millenial reign, fire and brimstone, judgement, eternity.

or something like that in a similar order.. I'm not that firm, I frankly don't even care these days, my hang ups are at a much lower level ^^

krsnaraja

Yet then, Jesus' coming completes the Taijitu, and thus, why isn't the Grand Error corrected? :D The cycle should be complete.

Yet, Mankind still suffers.

It`s no Jesus` fault if mankind still suffers. It`s the politician`s fault, the scientists fault (builders of NASA & Star Trek ), money lenders & bankers.