• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Algeria boxer female ,showup hypocrisy about calling to equal gender,and must mixed sport.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Seems to me that would be personal opinion which makes it a worthless term and probably just used in an attempt to put another person down.
Nope it's the well established facts of the matter. Not my problem if you think otherwise.

GoodAttention

Seems to me that would be personal opinion which makes it a worthless term and probably just used in an attempt to put another person down.

I’m not sure if woke is used outside of an American context, and it seems its always the right using the term against the left.

I don’t think you can be woke and a conservative.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I’m not sure if woke is used outside of an American context, and it seems its always the right using the term against the left.

I don’t think you can be woke and a conservative.

I mostly see it on the internet but Sky news channel use it here sometimes but I've never been able to work out the context.

GoodAttention

I mostly see it on the internet but Sky news channel use it here sometimes but I've never been able to work out the context.

One example is affirmative action, which gives more opportunity to the socially disadvantaged for education and employment.

Those who are not socially disadvantaged see it as a sacrifice they have to make which is unfair, since selection should be based on merit alone. Affirmative action is then labelled woke.

Twilight Hue

Pretty simple to sort out then. Give me the facts and some examples.
Think of it is a bunch of people among themselves having a good time and minding their own business, then all of a sudden some weirdo bursts into the place and starts spouting off his own personal views that the group that is having a good time and minding their own business of whom has no interest whatsoever in with what the weirdo is saying, that they must now accept what that weirdo is saying unconditionally, and that weirdo is additionly trying to force you to to accept him and his weirdness and therefore the group that is having a good time must now comply and accommodate to his point of view because all the people having a good time and minding their own business must now include the weirdos views as their own to which they absolutely have no interest and what the weirdo is saying and couldn't care less.

That's pretty much the general facts of what's going on with 'woke' people towards those who couldn't give a rat s*** about and couldn't care less over what the weirdo is going on about.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Think of it is a bunch of people among themselves having a good time and minding their own business, then all of a sudden some weirdo bursts into the place and starts spouting off his own personal views that the group that is having a good time and minding their own business of whom has no interest whatsoever in with what the weirdo is saying, that they must now accept what that weirdo is saying unconditionally, and that weirdo is additionly trying to force you to to accept him and his weirdness and therefore the group that is having a good time must now comply and accommodate to his point of view because all the people having a good time and minding their own business must now include the weirdos views as their own to which they absolutely have no interest and what the weirdo is saying and couldn't care less.

That's pretty much the general facts of what's going on with 'woke' people towards those who couldn't give a rat s*** about and couldn't care less over what the weirdo is going on about.

How about real world examples not a vague generalisation.

Twilight Hue

So let's use your "real" example. A bunch of teenagers are having a fun party out the front of your house at 3am, you go out ask them to stop making noise. That makes you woke?
That's nothing remotely close to what I said.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
That's nothing remotely close to what I said.

Some real world examples may sort my confusion out rather than a vague generalisation that could mean anything.

On the other hand, don't worry because I know longer care, I'll just go with my original instinct. It's a meaningless insult.