• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah, the only Creator.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I have religious visions and I know the difference between hallucinations and religious visions. I am a full veteran of the psychedelic '60's and have had enough experience with psychoactive chemically induced hallucinations to be certain that my own religious visions are of a different order, one big difference being they come unbidden without drug inducement and they aren't random images continually changing form as drug induced hallucinations do.

God gave me the image for Paxcalibur, Sword of Peace, and after wowing and being honored by over 500 Christian Nazareans at Easter in 2003, now Paxcalibur resides in Nazareth, Israel, as the world's most spiritually powerful religious icon having the ability to "speak" God's message of peace without necessity of language to anyone who sees it. My vision of Christ Josephine, a Native American Spirit Woman I saw five years before I knew anything about the Lakota's prophesy of the return of their Savior and founder spirit woman White Buffalo Calf Woman. Now I am a grandfather to three children who are direct descendants of the Lakota's most famous spiritual warrior leader, Sitting Bull and am working with the Lakota tribes on an economic development and ancestral land recovery enterprise. Could all this have happened because of drug caused illusions in my mind? Sometimes God speaks and gives human beings visions to guide them to new ways of being.

From what little I understand of hallucinations, they aren't always drug-induced.

The human mind is very powerful; you'd be surprised at how much it can trick you.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
then it is clear that Hindu and Islam have somehow the same understanding of God the difference is in the way of worship. you say that everyone has his/her own method/way/path/religion and they can all be valid.
Islam claims that we were created to worship. does Hinduism say the same thing or is there a different purpose of creation, or no purpose at all?

The dharma of certain people is to worship. The dharma of others is to meditate. For others, it's to serve selflessly. For yet others, it's to seek knowledge. For others, it's to exercise.

If it is not a person's dharma to worship, that person is under no obligation to do so.

biomystic

From what little I understand of hallucinations, they aren't always drug-induced.

The human mind is very powerful; you'd be surprised at how much it can trick you.

And that's why I rely on other people's responses to my religious visions because my mind can't trick them. It's the difference between Unverified Personal Gnosis and Verified Personal Gnosis. If I just had visions and nothing else but visions they could be illusion but it's hard to fool 500+ people you've never met before and can't speak their language..:areyoucra

Riverwolf

Premium Member
And that's why I rely on other people's responses to my religious visions because my mind can't trick them. It's the difference between Unverified Personal Gnosis and Verified Personal Gnosis. If I just had visions and nothing else but visions they could be illusion but it's hard to fool 500+ people you've never met before and can't speak their language..:areyoucra

True... if said 500+ people had the exact same vision.

And I'm afraid that's unverifiable because it may be the case that they had similar, but in truth different, visions, but due to miscommunication, they all thought they had the same vision.

biomystic

True... if said 500+ people had the exact same vision.

And I'm afraid that's unverifiable because it may be the case that they had similar, but in truth different, visions, but due to miscommunication, they all thought they had the same vision.

:confused: Your comment doesn't make sense.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I have religious visions and I know the difference between hallucinations and religious visions. I am a full veteran of the psychedelic '60's and have had enough experience with psychoactive chemically induced hallucinations to be certain that my own religious visions are of a different order, one big difference being they come unbidden without drug inducement and they aren't random images continually changing form as drug induced hallucinations do.

God gave me the image for Paxcalibur, Sword of Peace, and after wowing and being honored by over 500 Christian Nazareans at Easter in 2003, now Paxcalibur resides in Nazareth, Israel, as the world's most spiritually powerful religious icon having the ability to "speak" God's message of peace without necessity of language to anyone who sees it. My vision of Christ Josephine, a Native American Spirit Woman I saw five years before I knew anything about the Lakota's prophesy of the return of their Savior and founder spirit woman White Buffalo Calf Woman. Now I am a grandfather to three children who are direct descendants of the Lakota's most famous spiritual warrior leader, Sitting Bull and am working with the Lakota tribes on an economic development and ancestral land recovery enterprise. Could all this have happened because of drug caused illusions in my mind? Sometimes God speaks and gives human beings visions to guide them to new ways of being.
Now everything starts to fall into place. :areyoucra 'Paxcalibur', 'Christ Josephine'. no, it has nothing to do with a history of drugs. :sarcastic

Riverwolf

Premium Member
:confused: Your comment doesn't make sense.

Two people see similar yet unrelated events. These events are similar, but have several differences. However, when the two people meet, they recount their own version of the event they witnessed, and through fractured information, both think they've seen the exact same thing.

Does that illustrate my point?

theosopher

Two people see similar yet unrelated events. These events are similar, but have several differences. However, when the two people meet, they recount their own version of the event they witnessed, and through fractured information, both think they've seen the exact same thing.

What if they are both artists and draw identical pictures. Would that make you nervous?

biomystic

Now everything starts to fall into place. :areyoucra 'Paxcalibur', 'Christ Josephine'. no, it has nothing to do with a history of drugs. :sarcastic

You're Staff here on RF and already throwing character assassination smear bombs at RF members who's beliefs you don't like? Uh oh...

FYI, I'm more drug free than most any American. Don't do caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, narcotics, and just a about a joint's worth of herbal sacrament per day and here you go off on me. What's your mind-altering drug intake per day, Caladan?

biomystic

I guess it does for you but I'm still wondering what the heck it has to do with 500+ people seeing the same thing and reacting pretty much the same way to the same stimulus.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
You're Staff here on RF and already throwing character assassination smear bombs at RF members who's beliefs you don't like? Uh oh...
Hey, Im just pointing a megalomaniac rant when I see one. deal with it, I think you are old enough to take it with dignity, or are you?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
What if they are both artists and draw identical pictures. Would that make you nervous?

If they both drew identical pictures that were as detailed as possible, and I could go to the location of the event to verify the environment, then it would certainly indicate that both people have photographic memories.

At that point, I would begin to suspect something is happening. But even then, there is the possibility of conspiracy which must be ruled out.

biomystic

Hey, Im just pointing a megalomaniac rant when I see one. deal with it, I think you are old enough to take it with dignity, or are you?

It's the slander I object to, Caladan. Bearing false witness against your neighbors is a big NO NO in my Christian belief system and here you are on Staff and doing it. Tsk, tsk..tut, tut... I will do my best to bear it with dignasty..

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
It's the slander I object to, Caladan. Bearing false witness against your neighbors is a big NO NO in my Christian belief system and here you are on Staff and doing it. Tsk, tsk..tut, tut... I will do my best to bear it with dignasty..
Try harder. next time you'll be blabbering about drugs and God personally giving you the sword of peace, I wont be as moderate as I've been so far.

biomystic

Try harder. next time you'll be blabbering about drugs and God personally giving you the sword of peace, I wont be as moderate as I've been so far.

Moderate? When you step out with a load of slander against another RF member you lose all credibility for posting "moderate" comments. You obviously are frightened of my work and I think we both know why. These are the End Times of Buddhist philosophy and that's something you don't want to hear. But it's gonna happen whether you like it or not because it's only a matter of time before the cat's out of the bag and intellectuals around the globe discover Buddhist meditation is for brain manipulation in order to avoid psychic pain and that Buddhist philosophy is derived from achieving by meditative technique, a single brain state wherein the brains' sense of self center is disabled, no electrical activity flowing through it which results in the egoless, oceanic mindset that Buddhists falsely believe is a true vision of reality. But it isn't any truer to reality than the lotus eaters get with psycho-active drugs that also are used to escape psychic pain or even physical pain. Buddhist philosophy rests on brain manipulation achieved by meditative techniques such as repetitive sounds to drown out one's interior dialogue but nothing's changed in the outside world no matter how much bliss consciousness from activated frontal lobes the Buddhist gets through shunting electrical activity from the sense of self center to the frontal cortex. Zen's in for even more criticism because of Zen's historical association with violence in service to feudal lords scotching all the Buddhist claims for non-violence. This is what you don't want to think about when I post it and react with rather childish attempts to denigrate my character instead of addressing the issues I present with reasoned argument.

Instead of hurling out empty threats you might try growing up instead.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I guess it does for you but I'm still wondering what the heck it has to do with 500+ people seeing the same thing and reacting pretty much the same way to the same stimulus.

It means that there's no way to verify that they actually DID see the exact same thing.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Moderate? When you step out with a load of slander against another RF member you lose all credibility for posting "moderate" comments. You obviously are frightened of my work and I think we both know why. These are the End Times of Buddhist philosophy and that's something you don't want to hear. But it's gonna happen whether you like it or not because it's only a matter of time before the cat's out of the bag and intellectuals around the globe discover Buddhist meditation is for brain manipulation in order to avoid psychic pain and that Buddhist philosophy is derived from achieving by meditative technique, a single brain state wherein the brains' sense of self center is disabled, no electrical activity flowing through it which results in the egoless, oceanic mindset that Buddhists falsely believe is a true vision of reality. But it isn't any truer to reality than the lotus eaters get with psycho-active drugs that also are used to escape psychic pain or even physical pain. Buddhist philosophy rests on brain manipulation achieved by meditative techniques such as repetitive sounds to drown out one's interior dialogue but nothing's changed in the outside world no matter how much bliss consciousness from activated frontal lobes the Buddhist gets through shunting electrical activity from the sense of self center to the frontal cortex. Zen's in for even more criticism because of Zen's historical association with violence in service to feudal lords scotching all the Buddhist claims for non-violence. This is what you don't want to think about when I post it and react with rather childish attempts to denigrate my character instead of addressing the issues I present with reasoned argument.

I assume you can support this?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend REASON_236,,

Allah, the only Creator.

Whatever one may state; this much is sure that the words has come through the mouth of a HUMAN and human himself came out of existence through an evolutionary process.
Existence was there already and those who wish to allow their *IMAGINATION* to run wild are free to use the *god* concept and the concept of *creation*. Everything is free and fair, provided that helps in reaching to the supreme understanding. All paths / ways lead to the same place with or without *god*.
Love & rgds

biomystic

It means that there's no way to verify that they actually DID see the exact same thing.

Please, this is getting a little too absurd to continue. I suppose you would say people watching their TV coverage of the winning touchdown at Super Bowl are not seeing the same thing. Sure, there's going to be some slight differences in perspective but the overall event will be witnessed by all who see it. So I don't see your point except as a throwaway putdown of an event you don't want to give any credit to.