• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I going to Hell??

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
There is no heaven, or hell, I'd worry more about what's going to happen for the remainder of your life.

I'm not worried about it... I was just wondering what the different people on this site thought...

Well, first off if you don't believe in anything you believe in Nothing therefore you do believe in something . . . .
Anyway, my answer to your post is NO, according to my beliefs you will not go to Hell.

Of course I believe some things... like I believe that I am here... What I mean to say is that I don't believe in any religious things, or anything more than what is obviously here...

Hope

Princesinha
Hell is a terrible thing that I don't enjoy talking too much about, but I do believe in honesty (so here's some "brutal honesty" for ya;))----and you are too valuable and wonderful a person, whereismynotecard, to not be honest with.

I believe there is a hell, and I believe all those who knowingly reject Jesus will go there. I don't believe this because I like it, but because I believe in Jesus, and He spoke of it, and He said that He was the only way to heaven. If I believe He is God, and therefore knows what He's talking about, then I have no choice but to believe what He says about hell. It ain't pleasant to say, but, yes, if you reject Jesus, then you will ultimately end up in hell.

Sorry to be the stick in the mud, but I have to be honest. :eek:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Hell is a terrible thing that I don't enjoy talking too much about, but I do believe in honesty (so here's some "brutal honesty" for ya;))----and you are too valuable and wonderful a person, whereismynotecard, to not be honest with.

I believe there is a hell, and I believe all those who knowingly reject Jesus will go there. I don't believe this because I like it, but because I believe in Jesus, and He spoke of it, and He said that He was the only way to heaven. If I believe He is God, and therefore knows what He's talking about, then I have no choice but to believe what He says about hell. It ain't pleasant to say, but, yes, if you reject Jesus, then you will ultimately end up in hell.

Sorry to be the stick in the mud, but I have to be honest. :eek:

:D Honesty was what I was looking for. I didn't make the post so everyone would lie... I was curious. It sure would suck if that happened though......

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Of course I believe some things... like I believe that I am here... What I mean to say is that I don't believe in any religious things, or anything more than what is obviously here...
I hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you differentiate between the 'obvious' and the 'non-obvious'?

That's the question that led me to reject nihilism.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you differentiate between the 'obvious' and the 'non-obvious'?

That's the question that led me to reject nihilism.

I believe things are not as complicated as everyone tries to make them... People say things like that people are here, and everyone has a specific purpose and whatnot, and that humans are so great... But I think humans are just like all of the other animals, and no one has any purpose. Maybe obvious was the wrong word to use, seeing as it can be interpreted differently by different people...

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
I believe things are not as complicated as everyone tries to make them... People say things like that people are here, and everyone has a specific purpose and whatnot, and that humans are so great... But I think humans are just like all of the other animals, and no one has any purpose.
True enough
Maybe obvious was the wrong word to use, seeing as it can be interpreted differently by different people...
Naw, it works fine. The multiple interpretations are kind of the point of the 'obvious' bit.
What assumptions can we consider 'justified' compared to others?
That my be better phrasing, but it falls into the same trap as the previous one.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Well, anyway, you know what I believe, and it makes absolute sense to me... It is just difficult to explain all of it sometimes...

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Believe it or not I was being brutally honest in my post-- "I don't know" can be a very brutal response. :D

you can't go to hell if you don''t beleive in hell only if you beleive in it and still sin alot

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Well... it is nice that you people don't think that I will go to hell... or so you say... ;)

I should make a "Brutally Honest" thread... How would that go, I wonder...??

Please don't make a "brutally honest" thread. We're trying to keep things as far away from "brutal" as possible. :)

As far as the hell realms in my beliefs - it is entirely dependent on your karma, which is the same qualifier for everyone else. You get out what you put into life and others. Think of what constitutes anything "hellish".....fiery, hateful, wrathful.....and the habitual state of the mind at the time of death very well could gravitate toward that environment. The "hellish" mind will naturally be drawn toward what is familiar, and that is "hellish" surroundings.

According to my personal beliefs, to answer your question, I would have to possess perfect wisdom and compassion to be able to answer your destiny sufficiently. I possess neither, so I can't predict. I would have to know all of your previous incarnations unripened karmic seeds, all your innermost and secret desires and fears, all your reactions to how you have affected others in beneficial or hurtful manners, the list goes on.

There's my long-winded answer to your question, "Am I going to hell?" Basically, I don't know. But if you do, you won't be there forever. Nobody is subjected to anything eternal. Heck, nobody is even subjected to eternal bliss, either. :)

Peace,
Mystic

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
According to your religion, and based on my beliefs, do you believe that I will go to Hell?? I am just wondering...

No you won't go to hell. I would like to also quote an old Budo Master here: "This anger is your Hell, That apology id Heaven" -Hakuin-(1686-1768)

To me I get that Heaven and Hell are in the here and now. Though I still believe we all go somewhere when these bodies we have are gone I don't know where. But I will make sure to save you a seat.

justifyothers

I do not believe in anything. I believe that there is no god, and that life has no meaning.

Dude, you may be there already. Life has no meaning whatsoever for you? Have you searched for any at all? Meaning is everywhere.......
I don't believe in hell, as in eternal punishment for the wicked.

I'm really sorry you feel that way, unless you're just kidding - then ya got me!!

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Dude, you may be there already. Life has no meaning whatsoever for you? Have you searched for any at all? Meaning is everywhere.......
I don't believe in hell, as in eternal punishment for the wicked.

I'm really sorry you feel that way, unless you're just kidding - then ya got me!!

It's not so bad... What I mean by it is that no one has a specific purpose in life. Nothing matters, because we are all just going to die anyway. That doesn't mean I cannot enjoy life though... I can still have fun and everything, but in the end it will not make a difference.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe things are not as complicated as everyone tries to make them... People say things like that people are here, and everyone has a specific purpose and whatnot, and that humans are so great... But I think humans are just like all of the other animals, and no one has any purpose. Maybe obvious was the wrong word to use, seeing as it can be interpreted differently by different people...

You think you are a man without a soul? If that were the case it wouldn't matter if your body went to Hell because you wouldn't have a spiritual consciousness of it. Of course if you didn't have a soul you wouldn't be any smarter than a monkey and somehow I don't think you quite qualify even if you are trying hard to put your hands over your eyes, ears and mouth.

BFD_Zayl

your actions dictate your fate, regardless of faith, in my opinion anyhow. I honestly do not think the gods care too much if you either devote yourself to them, or simply believe they do not exist. if they do then I really would not consider them gods.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
It's not so bad... What I mean by it is that no one has a specific purpose in life. Nothing matters, because we are all just going to die anyway. That doesn't mean I cannot enjoy life though... I can still have fun and everything, but in the end it will not make a difference.
How do you know this?
Is this just a gut feeling you have or are there some existential nihilistic resources I can go read which would shed some light on the matter?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend whereismynotecard,
first and last.
Reality is that there is no place called heaven and no hell.
It is all the dualities that the mind has created god & satan, good and bad, heaven and hell.
If you are sufferring you are in hell otherwise you are in heaven, which in itself is rare.
Sufferring comes from attachments and these attachments are all created in our minds.
Only by stilling the mind that heaven can be realised and then understood that these are ficticious places but one has to take the journey till there to know and understand TRUTH.
Love & rgds