• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

america?

Pro Gamer

I just wanna share my thoughts on america and you guys can turn it into a debate if you want

when was the last time america won a war? I guess they win everyday in their hollywood movies but in reality they got kicked out of afghanistan and vietnam

in hollywood movies america is best at everything but in reality it is not good at anything and the only reason america developed is because it got scientists and geniuses from europe and asia into the country

america even lost fifa world cup lol the only competition america wins are the ones that they play among themselves but they never won a competition that they play with rest of the world

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I just wanna share my thoughts on america and you guys can turn it into a debate if you want

when was the last time america won a war? I guess they win everyday in their hollywood movies but in reality they got kicked out of afghanistan and vietnam

in hollywood movies america is best at everything but in reality it is not good at anything and the only reason america developed is because it got scientists and geniuses from europe and asia into the country

america even lost fifa world cup lol the only competition america wins are the ones that they play among themselves but they never won a competition that they play with rest of the world
America loses wars because it's being intended to lose.

Vietnam was lost because the political elements cut the war short.

North Korea because the political elements declared a cease fire rather than seeing it to its conclusion.

Afghanistan the same. Political elements pulled out leaving the chaos that followed.

Pro Gamer

America loses wars because it's being intended to lose.

Vietnam was lost because the political elements cut the war short.

North Korea because the political elements declared a cease fire rather than seeing it to its conclusion.

Afghanistan the same. Political elements pulled out leaving the chaos that followed.
you are just making excuses. if they could not win afghanistan for 20 years so what would one or two more years even do? they knew that they were running out of resources and taliban would take over soon that's why they ran away

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Last time America won a war was in 1945. Last time we were invaded by a foreign power was in 1814, and the last time our national survival actually depended on fighting a war was in 1861-65. Last time a war was actually fought purely for American interests was in 1898.

The World Wars and the conflicts related to the Cold War and post-Cold War eras were fought under the pretext of "making the world safe for democracy," not for expansion, conquest, glory, or anything at all that might benefit America exclusively. In other words, after WW2, we weren't supposed to win any wars - and wars weren't really even wars anymore, not in the traditional sense. You can't "win" or "lose" an undeclared war.

The main reason for all the Hollywood falderal about America winning wars is mainly to placate the egos and change the minds of the masses who were originally isolationist, xenophobic, and unwilling to involve our country in foreign wars which did not involve our direct defense, nor had any apparent national security justification nor any material benefit for the American people. But the argument putting America in the role of some noble white knight saving the damsel in distress is very compelling, and to oppose war within that context would make one appear cowardly and dishonorable.

Pro Gamer

Last time America won a war was in 1945. Last time we were invaded by a foreign power was in 1814, and the last time our national survival actually depended on fighting a war was in 1861-65. Last time a war was actually fought purely for American interests was in 1898.

The World Wars and the conflicts related to the Cold War and post-Cold War eras were fought under the pretext of "making the world safe for democracy," not for expansion, conquest, glory, or anything at all that might benefit America exclusively. In other words, after WW2, we weren't supposed to win any wars - and wars weren't really even wars anymore, not in the traditional sense. You can't "win" or "lose" an undeclared war.

The main reason for all the Hollywood falderal about America winning wars is mainly to placate the egos and change the minds of the masses who were originally isolationist, xenophobic, and unwilling to involve our country in foreign wars which did not involve our direct defense, nor had any apparent national security justification nor any material benefit for the American people. But the argument putting America in the role of some noble white knight saving the damsel in distress is very compelling, and to oppose war within that context would make one appear cowardly and dishonorable.
so your country fought wars in the purpose of giving them western laws but failed. even george washington claimed it "war on terrorism" so they actually fought wars and failed.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
so your country fought wars in the purpose of giving them western laws but failed. even george washington claimed it "war on terrorism" so they actually fought wars and failed.

When did George Washington claim any war on terrorism?

But yes, the struggle to gain hearts and minds has always been far more difficult than actually conquering territory. The "war on terror" is not unlike the ongoing "war on drugs." Prior to and during WW2, America was still led by people who tended to operate above-board and who actually wanted to win wars.

Since then, the character of America's government shifted to something that resembles an organized crime family trying to pass itself off as "legitimate." Wars were no longer wars, but "police actions." However, maintaining the ruse of "legitimacy" was clearly more important to the Powers That Be than actually winning the war. Not due to a lack of military power, but more a lack of political will. That was the case with Korea, with Cuba, with Vietnam, with Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan - a recurring pattern of violence and bloodshed, yet no net gain for America whatsoever (nor was America ever really directly threatened by these nations) and no clear "victory" (or "defeat" for that matter).

chinu

chinu

“which is more powerful ..Brain Or Brawn?”.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
When did George Washington claim any war on terrorism?

But yes, the struggle to gain hearts and minds has always been far more difficult than actually conquering territory. The "war on terror" is not unlike the ongoing "war on drugs." Prior to and during WW2, America was still led by people who tended to operate above-board and who actually wanted to win wars.

Since then, the character of America's government shifted to something that resembles an organized crime family trying to pass itself off as "legitimate." Wars were no longer wars, but "police actions." However, maintaining the ruse of "legitimacy" was clearly more important to the Powers That Be than actually winning the war. Not due to a lack of military power, but more a lack of political will. That was the case with Korea, with Cuba, with Vietnam, with Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan - a recurring pattern of violence and bloodshed, yet no net gain for America whatsoever (nor was America ever really directly threatened by these nations) and no clear "victory" (or "defeat" for that matter).
I think it was when he took over the airports. As a famous historian said:

“Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory,” he said.

PureX

Veteran Member

1. No one ever wins at war. We just survive them or we don't.

2. One of U.S. culture's biggest failures is it's (capitalist driven) obsession with winning or losing, instead of sharing and increasing well-being for all.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it was when he took over the airports. As a famous historian said:

“Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory,” he said.

Yes, this portrait shows Washington taking over Dulles Airport

GW_Victory_at_IAD.jpg

I also came across this informative article: The Battle At John F. Kennedy International Airport, 1776

When the British Army’s ships docked at what is now known as Jamaica Bay — the lagoon on the southern side of Long Island — the Minutemen were ready and waiting.

The militia hid in the long lines at customs and the multitude of Hudson News’ stands, amongst the travelers fumbling to gather their belongings after going through security, as well as the ones asking if this was the terminal with Shake Shack. Corners of America the British had never seen, paths they couldn’t possibly navigate.

When the British marched through Terminal 2 and stopped to ask if they could order from the Delta Sky Club Menu, the Minutemen attacked from the CIBO Express. When they marched through the airport’s largest terminal, T4, our brave army men took them down hidden among the dozens of airlines and thousands of travelers rushing to make their last-minute gate change. When the Redcoats made it through the international gate at Terminal 1, the guerrilla war men surprised them from behind the racks of Saint Laurent clothing and displays of Coach handbags. Luxury goods that the British generals would predictably stop for — King George III would have gone absolutely mad for the Hermes Crocodile Himalayan Birkin bag.

Terminal by terminal, the British Army was turned back and vanquished by our civilian colonists. Their fallen soldiers forever lost to the stampeding herd of flyers rushing to their gates or the closest option their gate had for alcohol.

It was our brave soldiers of the Great American Colonies from the ’70s that bravely protected JFK at its most vulnerable hour in order to ensure that it would remain exactly as it was. Free from running on time. Free from becoming an efficient hub of international travel. Free from having a Shake Shack in every terminal.

This is why, to this day, we remember The Battle at John F. Kennedy International Airport by making sure the British Airways terminal permanently remains under construction.

Because America will never be under construction from the British, ever again. God Bless the JFK Airport.

Pro Gamer

america is an empire based on lies. america thinks that the world revolves around it. many people are gonna make excuses about america leaving afghanistan but the fact of the matter is that they left when taliban was taking over afghanistan not when they were the dominant in 2002 or something

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
you are just making excuses. if they could not win afghanistan for 20 years so what would one or two more years even do? they knew that they were running out of resources and taliban would take over soon that's why they ran away
All it accomplished is just making enemies more stronger and more dangerous for the next conflict the world will have to contend with.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
america is an empire based on lies. america thinks that the world revolves around it. many people are gonna make excuses about america leaving afghanistan but the fact of the matter is that they left when taliban was taking over afghanistan not when they were the dominant in 2002 or something

Not really no. We aren't built on lies. And we are certainly far from an empire.

Unless you count Hawaii? And maybe some military bases?

America is far from the "greatest show on earth", but everywhere has problems.

Pro Gamer

Not really no. We aren't built on lies. And we are certainly far from an empire.

Unless you count Hawaii? And maybe some military bases?

America is far from the "greatest show on earth", but everywhere has problems.
america thinks of other people as backwards and uneducated but the fact of the matter is that most people in america are dropouts. american education is also really easy i have seen their 10th grade algebra problems which is really similar to the concepts taught here in 6th grade. american geography also reminds me of 3rd grade asian education

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I would agree that there are Americans (and a noticeable number of non-Americans) who have been duped into believing in American exceptionalism. There are those who believe our role is indispensable, and without us, the whole world would fall under tyranny. Most Americans don't "think" about these things. They've been duped.

Try being an American and advocate for America's neutrality, no permanent alliances, and no foreign entanglements, and you'll see how many warmongers step forth to oppose that idea.

As for Afghanistan, we had to leave sooner or later. Our original objective was to pursue Osama Bin Laden, and once he was taken out, our reason for being in Afghanistan was no longer relevant. We should have pulled out then and there, objective achieved. The fact that Obama chose to remain was the real failure.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't understand what soccer has to do with it...honestly... :)
By the way, the US is the beacon of Freedom, and stand for the two values that bring all the countries of the West together: truth and beauty.
Life is meaningless unless there are these two constants.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
america thinks of other people as backwards and uneducated but the fact of the matter is that most people in america are dropouts. american education is also really easy i have seen their 10th grade algebra problems which is really similar to the concepts taught here in 6th grade. american geography also reminds me of 3rd grade asian education

That's good for you I guess.

But Americans don't think of other people as backwards. At least not this one.

Although, it does appear to me that you are filled with a lot of passion and upset towards the topic.