• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

america?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You're really obsessed with America? Why is that?

There are quite a few people who are obsessed with America or don't like America. Some may even have a good reason if their country was the recipient of US military action. So I'm not entirely unempathetic to the OP's viewpoint, although it seems more like street talk than any kind of well-reasoned, enlightened, righteous grievance against America (of which there could be many).

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I just wanna share my thoughts on america and you guys can turn it into a debate if you want

when was the last time america won a war? I guess they win everyday in their hollywood movies but in reality they got kicked out of afghanistan and vietnam

in hollywood movies america is best at everything but in reality it is not good at anything and the only reason america developed is because it got scientists and geniuses from europe and asia into the country

america even lost fifa world cup lol the only competition america wins are the ones that they play among themselves but they never won a competition that they play with rest of the world
Welcome to RF @Pro Gamer

Never confuse decline with failure. America may be lost in navel-gazing of late but only lacks the political will to further its agenda. Clearly, if America chose to, it could bomb any rival country back into the Stone Age. That Ameriica does not exterminate it's enemies or rivals tells you much about its character.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't disagree. Should have been small scale surgical strikes.

All I know is Vietnam was mostly bout countering China and less about the vietnamese.
What could be the possible advantage of going into a tropical rainforest ridden country to counter a weak regional power like China in 1960-1970?? Make a base in Taiwan and Hong Kong instead (that way Hong Kong would have stayed independent and Taiwan would not have been threatened as is now). Just think....does it make sense. And think further....how did they overlook neighboring Cuba when it turned communist and not go in there!! USA has followed an absolutely incoherent foreign policy in Asia, Africa and South America since the 2nd World War...which is why most of these countries feel US is an unreliable ally to have.

Pro Gamer

You do know WHY football is played in many of these countries...influence of the...ahem...British colonialism. I actually find it somewhat laudable that since independence, the USA have developed its own sports rather than following their colonial overlords.
a sport is not invented. kicking a ball or a coconut or something existed 50000 years ago as well

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
a sport is not invented. kicking a ball or a coconut or something existed 50000 years ago as well
True. But modern football with its style of play and rules originated in Britain and spread from there, replacing the other forms. This you can know yourself with a bit a research.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
What could be the possible advantage of going into a tropical rainforest ridden country to counter a weak regional power like China in 1960-1970?? Make a base in Taiwan and Hong Kong instead (that way Hong Kong would have stayed independent and Taiwan would not have been threatened as is now). Just think....does it make sense. And think further....how did they overlook neighboring Cuba when it turned communist and not go in there!! USA has followed an absolutely incoherent foreign policy in Asia, Africa and South America since the 2nd World War...which is why most of these countries feel US is an unreliable ally to have.

Cuba if I remember right was because Russia stuck a bunch of Nukes there so we didn't want to push it further.

China may have been a weak regional power, but maybe the US was planning further in advance China is a much more coherent threat these days no?

Best to keep your opponent from becoming competitive in the first place? That is also why we sent a **** ton of opium to China, no? Make them subservient?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, this portrait shows Washington taking over Dulles Airport

GW_Victory_at_IAD.jpg

I also came across this informative article: The Battle At John F. Kennedy International Airport, 1776
I have an original text from Washington to Benjamin Franklin right after he crossed the Delaware:

"Lol! Ben! These Heshians really know how to party!!"

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
how did they overlook neighboring Cuba when it turned communist and not go in there!!
It was a HUGE mistake, imo, to ignore most of Latin America while we pursued massive trade with Asia. Hispanics tend to buy American made products whereas Asians don't, plus we would have helped countries in the Americans with job creation. Now we have multitudes of Hispanics at our borders because we basically ignored them.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
in hollywood movies america is best at everything but in reality it is not good at anything

Many of the world's best universities are in the US:

The US has the second-highest number of patents globally:

The vast majority of the most critically and commercially successful movies of all time are American or produced by Hollywood. Those include the childhood favorites of many people around the world:

Some of the world's biggest semiconductor companies are in the US, and Intel, an American company, is one of only few companies worldwide that have semiconductor foundries:

The US is the second-largest producer of cars in the world:

The US has the most Olympic medals out of any country:

There are many other areas I could list where the US is performing quite well, which overwhelmingly refutes the claim that the US is "not good at anything." As for this:

and the only reason america developed is because it got scientists and geniuses from europe and asia into the country

That wasn't the only reason it developed, but either way, most skilled and talented immigrants who have moved to the US haven't been forced to go there; they have chosen it instead of any other country. If a country can host, incentivize, and provide scientists and other skilled people with the opportunity to excel, it deserves to reap the rewards and to benefit from their work.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The US has the most Olympic medals out of any country:
That's one where I wonder. The opening ceremony predicts that will be likely based on numbers alone. They need to switch a percentage system so the unimpressive total number isn't the focus. Then we probably would see more compition in top performing countries from smaller countries.
Everything else, I'm surprised we don't do fireworks better because because America does have some good left despite the faults. Just be aware the cars are quantity over quality, lol.
But for a socio-political experiment it's had a good run.