• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

america?

Pro Gamer

It's just grown men chasing a ball around. :shrug:

But I guess you've progressing considering you've got a crush on some catholic dude who plays a western sport, so kudos. What's next for you? Perhaps bacon.
chasing around the ball might be a better skill than school shooting

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I just wanna share my thoughts on america and you guys can turn it into a debate if you want

when was the last time america won a war? I guess they win everyday in their hollywood movies but in reality they got kicked out of afghanistan and vietnam

in hollywood movies america is best at everything but in reality it is not good at anything and the only reason america developed is because it got scientists and geniuses from europe and asia into the country

america even lost fifa world cup lol the only competition america wins are the ones that they play among themselves but they never won a competition that they play with rest of the world

The last war and that America won in the true sense of the word was against Grenada in 1983.

Agreements to end conflict thus avoiding more destruction and bloodshed cannot really be called a win or lose.
Although some egotistical haters may rejoice agreement as a loss for America

wellwisher

I just wanna share my thoughts on america and you guys can turn it into a debate if you want

when was the last time america won a war? I guess they win everyday in their hollywood movies but in reality they got kicked out of afghanistan and vietnam

in hollywood movies america is best at everything but in reality it is not good at anything and the only reason america developed is because it got scientists and geniuses from europe and asia into the country

america even lost fifa world cup lol the only competition america wins are the ones that they play among themselves but they never won a competition that they play with rest of the world
The last war that the US won was the Iraqi war against Saddam Husein. Iraq at the time, had the third or fourth largest army in the world. Iraq had been the main stabilizing factor of the Middle East due to their army and cruel ways. This war was during President George Bush Sr. , and was caused by the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq.

This impending war, as the allies prepared for invasion, had been hyped by Saddam, as going to be the mother of all battles. The US quickly took over control of the air, and then, with the help of Nato, shipped in troops and supplies with new tank fighting technology, that was able to fight in smoke filled open desert battles, to avoid civilization causalities. They destroyed the Iraqi army and tanks within days. This shock and awe, with minimal US causalities, led to the Soviet Union breaking up. They saw USA fight under full throttle conditions. We usually hold back to make it fair but this was a signal not to screw around to avoid WW3.

Saddam, after the defeat of his army, was allowed to retain his position of power as the leader of Iraq. This was a practical decision, since he was the only Arab leader mean and tough enough to keep the tribal Arab world together out of fear of retribution. Also President Bush Sr. had once been the head of the CIA, and Saddam had been a useful US ally against Iran after the fall of the Shah of Iran.The USA sort of owned him one. But now He was a toothless tiger, but was still feared and could maintain order.

There was peace until the Swamp, conned President Bush Jr., to believe that Saddam had stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction. This induced paranoia led to the death of Saddam art the hands of the mob, which then caused the Arab world to destabilize, leading to future wars that had been preventible, but appeared to be useful to the Swamp, Democrat party, and Military Business Complex. These would become long drawn out police actions, that lacked shock and awe, but were more for selling bullets.

Obama would lead to further destabilization of the Middle East; Swamp buddy, causing the Arab Spring war. This led to destabilization in the Arab World, which was then corrected by President Trump. Trump fought more in the style of shock and awe, winning back all the territory gained by the Taliban. President Biden would be in charge of the last withdrawal of US troops from the Middle East, which did not end as well. It allowed the waring factions to end up with stockpiles of US war supplies to keep the action going.

Pro Gamer

Many of the world's best universities are in the US:

The US has the second-highest number of patents globally:

The vast majority of the most critically and commercially successful movies of all time are American or produced by Hollywood. Those include the childhood favorites of many people around the world:

Some of the world's biggest semiconductor companies are in the US, and Intel, an American company, is one of only few companies worldwide that have semiconductor foundries:

The US is the second-largest producer of cars in the world:

The US has the most Olympic medals out of any country:

There are many other areas I could list where the US is performing quite well, which overwhelmingly refutes the claim that the US is "not good at anything." As for this:

That wasn't the only reason it developed, but either way, most skilled and talented immigrants who have moved to the US haven't been forced to go there; they have chosen it instead of any other country. If a country can host, incentivize, and provide scientists and other skilled people with the opportunity to excel, it deserves to reap the rewards and to benefit from their work.
best universities what are you talking about? most of them are dropouts

MikeDwight

Seeking religious freedom in the New World, 100 English Pilgrims established a small settlement near Plymouth, Massachusetts, in 1620. Tens of thousands of English Puritans arrived, mostly from the East Anglia (Norfolk, Suffolk, East Sussex),[4] and settled in Boston, Massachusetts and the adjacent areas from around 1629 to 1640 to create a land dedicated to their religion. New England settlements was mainly settled by the descendants of the original New Englanders. Immigration to the New England colonies after 1640 and the start of the English Civil War decreased to less than 1% (about equal to the death rate) in nearly all of the years prior to 1845. The rapid growth of the New England colonies (approximately 900,000 by 1790) was almost entirely from the high birth rate (>3%) and the low death rate (<1%) per year.

The very beginning of the foundations of the American propaganda machine are as late as 1845 with a Statue of Liberty that faces Europe because these homeless Europeans have the greatest ideas in the world like settling on the native inhabitants of the southern States in a War.
Over the course of the war, 2,128,948 men enlisted in the Union Army,[2] including 178,895 colored troops; 25% of the white men who served were immigrants, and further 25% were first-generation Americans.
na·tiv·ism
[ˈnādəˌvizəm]
NOUN
  1. US ENGLISH
    the policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants:
na·tiv·ist
[ˈnādəvəst]

ADJECTIVE
  1. US ENGLISH
    relating to or supporting the policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants:

We live in the legacy institutions of the Government sanctioning the slaughter and replacement of all those its charged to protect domestically for the temporary mercenary gain of any invader they can locate in time to produce murder. What about Universities modeled after American Universities, what about Yonsei University of Korea modeled after Princeton University of America?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
best universities what are you talking about? most of them are dropouts

The college dropout rate is significant and possibly a matter of greater concern, although to state that "most of them are dropouts" is not accurate.

Some people might pursue other avenues, such as trade schools or some specialized school focusing on a specific vocation, not the traditional four-year colleges.

Education is very uneven in the U.S. Within the same region, one might find the best schools as well as the worst schools. It depends largely on the resources available to any given district (and the competence and efficiency of the leadership therein). So, when it all averages out, it tends to paint a bleak picture - although it doesn't mean that everyone is incompetent, although those who are seem to cluster and concentrate in the political realm.

Kfox

Afghanistan and Vietnam were not at war with the US, they were at war with our allies and we began helping our allies out. Eventually for political reasons we quit helping them out, and our allies caved, but when we quit our friends lost the war not us. That's why we did not surrender and the opposing army did not walk down DC, or in any way take over the country. The last war declared was WW-2 against Germany and Japan, and we all know how that ended.

MikeDwight

Afghanistan and Vietnam were not at war with the US, they were at war with our allies and we began helping our allies out. Eventually for political reasons we quit helping them out, and our allies caved, but when we quit our friends lost the war not us. That's why we did not surrender and the opposing army did not walk down DC, or in any way take over the country. The last war declared was WW-2 against Germany and Japan, and we all know how that ended.
The Greatest Generation, also known as the G.I. Generation and the World War II generation ... An early usage of the term The Greatest Generation was in 1953 by U.S. Army General James Van Fleet, who had recently retired after his service in World War II and leading the Eighth Army in the Korean War.

as unemployment rose to nearly 40%. Adolf Hitler then rose to power, and many of this generation joined organizations such as the Hitler Youth. In 1935, Hitler instituted military conscription. During the war, nearly 12.5 million members of this generation served in the war and 4.3 million were killed or wounded.

members of this generation came of age during Stalin's rise to power. They endured the Holodomor famine, which killed millions. The World War II generation of the Soviet Union was further decimated by the war. Stalin's scorched earth policy left its western regions in a state of devastation worsened by the advancing German army. The USSR lost 14% of its pre-war population during WWII,

I can't imagine what wars anyone else thinks of to replace it or more than enhance it. FDR couldn't imagine the existence of these new world orders.

Pro Gamer

School shootings are terrible, just like female genital mutilation and executing rape victims for "committing adultery".
school shooting take place in america. btw you guys always talk about equal rights and i hear arguments such as "if a man can walk without shirt then why can't a woman do the same"? so why doesn't it work here? if a man can get circumcised then why not a woman? are you a misogynist? don't you believe in equal right? executing which rape victim? are you talking about america?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
school shooting take place in america.
And women are being tortured and murdered for not wearing hijab in Iran. Both are problems.
btw you guys always talk about equal rights and i hear arguments such as "if a man can walk without shirt then why can't a woman do the same"? so why doesn't it work here? if a man can get circumcised then why not a woman? are you a misogynist? don't you believe in equal right?
Mutilating a child's genitals against their will is barbaric and violates the rights of both males and females. They had no choice in the matter, so it obviously has nothing to do with equal rights.
executing which rape victim? are you talking about america?

Pro Gamer

And women are being tortured and murdered for not wearing hijab in Iran. Both are problems.

Mutilating a child's genitals against their will is barbaric and violates the rights of both males and females. They had no choice in the matter, so it obviously has nothing to do with equal rights.

iran? I don't live there but you live in USA. every circumcised male child will tell you positive thing about it later in life. I am circumcised and i am sure it's better than yours. i don't have to worry about unclean underskin or a really sensitive head that i can't wash with soap or anything related to urine infection. i don't know what somali has to do with me but usa has everything to do with an american

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
iran? I don't live there but you live in USA. every circumcised male child will tell you positive thing about it later in life. I am circumcised and i am sure it's better than yours. i don't have to worry about unclean underskin or a really sensitive head that i can't wash with soap or anything related to urine infection. i don't know what somali has to do with me but usa has everything to do with an american
I suppose it might be advantageous in societies where hygiene and sanitation are really poor.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Where do you live?

Pro Gamer

I suppose it might be advantageous in societies where hygiene and sanitation are really poor.
i don't know how would you put soap there. i still remember it was really sensitive when i had foreskin at 8 or something and i don't think most kids clean themselves properly especially under the skin so circumcision is good. it also increases sexual pleasures and you would not feel much pain if someone punches you down there because it becomes dry after few months of circumcision

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Some of us - where our parents had more sense perhaps but also where it wasn't so common anyway - have not been circumcised and wouldn't dream of inflicting this on any male child. As to the cleanliness, well a bit of tuition at an early age usually gets around this issue, and you will find few professionals dealing with medicine or health (especially in Europe) advocating for circumcision, so it is mostly down to religions as to why so many are circumcised in many countries, including the USA. As for FGM, there is no legitimate reason for this and the practice has been wholeheartedly condemned worldwide. God was in error whilst making foreskins? :eek: