• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Idle Tale

Jeremy Mason

Let me tell you something you do not know.

Why do I get the impression your going to tell me something you don't know? :rolleyes:

Until about 30 years after Jesus' death, nobody had ever heard that he had been the Messiah,
son of God, or that he had resurrected.

I didn't have to wait long. :D

His followers, the Nazarenes were headquartered in Jerusalem and getting along quite well with
mainstream Judaism.

You make the Nazarenes sound like band at the local bar.

Then, Paul showed up preaching that Jesus was the Messiah, son of God, and that he had resurrected.

Why would he do that?

Withing 15 days
no longer, the Jews were on an uproar to kill him for preaching heresy.

They had a reputation for being tough.

Now, you think it through and tell me what kind of gospel were the Nazarenes preaching in Israel for 30 years to get along with the regular Jews?

A Jewish friendly Gospel?

Listen, the Apostles themselves were as much suprised as were the rest of the Jews with those news about Jesus. It means that Paul had fabricated
the whole thing in the Christology that he built himself to explain how a man dead already for 30 years could still be the Messiah.

That Paul, he sure knew how to get the Jews attention.

There is something else. Paul never believed for a second that Jesus was the Messiah. He was a genius. He knew of other Jews who had proclaimed
themselves Messiahs and had failed. Paul decided to do it differently. He proclaimed himself the Messiah by proxy in the person of a dead Jew called Jesus.

I heard he was a prankster. What are you going to do? :shrug:

Any intelligent person can see that the real Messiah of Christianity was Paul himself. He succeeded because his Cause triumphed as to become the religious giant that it has become.

I heard they gave him his own island and is one of Mr. Roarke's favorite past customers.

fantasy_island_mr._roarke_and_tattoo.jpg

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Why do I get the impression your going to tell me something you don't know? :rolleyes:
I didn't have to wait long. :D
You make the Nazarenes sound like band at the local bar.
Why would he do that?
They had a reputation for being tough.
A Jewish friendly Gospel?
That Paul, he sure knew how to get the Jews attention.
I heard he was a prankster. What are you going to do? :shrug:
I heard they gave him his own island and is one of Mr. Roarke's favorite past customers.

fantasy_island_mr._roarke_and_tattoo.jpg

Of all your sarcastic responses, only one warrants a comment. That's the one in response to my saying that "Then Paul showed up preaching that Jesus was
the Messiah, son of God, and that he had resurrected. "Then, you ask why would he do that?" And I'll tell you why: Because he found no other way to proclaim
himself the Messiah of Christianity but by proxy. First, he made up a fantastic encouter with Jesus in the Road to Damascus in the hope the Apostles of Jesus
would buy into it. They didn't. Do you wanna know why? Because only James and the Apostles of Jesus knew that Paul was either lying or deranged.
Only they knew that Jesus had left Israel with his wife Mary Magdalene, and Joseph of Arimathea. And they were sure that they had not gone to Damasacus.

Ben :confused:

Last edited:

Jeremy Mason

Of all your sarcastic responses, only one warrants a descent comment.

That would be a refreshing change. )(

That's the one in response to my saying that "Then Paul showed up preaching that Jesus was
the Messiah, son of God, and that he had resurrected. "Then, you ask why would he do that?" And I'll tell you why: Because he found no other way to proclaim himself the Messiah of Christianity but by proxy. First, he made up a fantastic encouter in the Road to Damascus in the hope the Apostles of Jesus would buy into it. They didn't.
Do you to know why? Because only James and the Apostles of Jesus knew that Paul
was either lying or deranged. Only they knew that Jesus had left Israel with his wife
Mary Magdalene, and Joseph of Arimathea. And they were sure that they had not gone to Damasacus.

You must have worked AWFULLY hard to come up with these...positions. Would you bless me and the other readers with the references to your above two posts.

)()(

Ben Masada

That would be a refreshing change. )(

You must have worked AWFULLY hard to come up with these...positions. Would you bless me and the other readers with the references to your above two posts.

)()(

It's all in the thread "The Wedding of Jesus." Read it.

Ben:rolleyes:

Ben Masada

Why would the very Apostles of Jesus discard the account of the resurrection as an idle tale? (Luke 24:11) Obviously because Jesus had never spoken about such a thing during his three years of Ministry. That's an added evidence that Paul was the one who fabricated the idea when he showed up 25 years later with the news. In fact, that's what he said to his disciple Timothy. That the resurrection of Jesus was according to his gospel. (II Tim. 2:8) Opposite to what gospel? Obviously, the gospel of the Apostles of Jesus, which he discarded as pure human invention. (Gal. 1:11)

Ben

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Ben the apostles had already proclaimed the gospel, Paul was just called to help preach this same message. I'm not sure how you can credit Paul with being the one that started Chrisianity.....Paul's conversion that you say he invented was supposedly witnessed by the other's with Paul on the Damascus Road.
Sweetie have a cookie, relax and think about this, I'm sure the NT people have to right about some of these things.
There are some things that are just too well detailed for it not too be true. ;)

Ben Masada

Ben the apostles had already proclaimed the gospel, Paul was just called to help preach this same message. I'm not sure how you can credit Paul with being the one that started Chrisianity.....Paul's conversion that you say he invented was supposedly witnessed by the other's with Paul on the Damascus Road.
Sweetie have a cookie, relax and think about this, I'm sure the NT people have to right about some of these things.
There are some things that are just too well detailed for it not too be true. ;)

Acts 11:26 - This verse is talking about a Nazarene Synagogue which was getting crowded by the day with Nazarenes running away from Roman persecutions somewhere. The headquarters in Jerusalem sends Barnabas to take charge of the Synagogue and he goes after his old friend Paul in Tarsus and invites him over to help with the work. At the end of a year Paul has turned that Synagogue into a Church. The verse says that it was the first time the disciples were called Christians. Why? Isn't obvious that's because Paul was the one who fabricated the idea that Jesus was Christ? Do you understand this otherwise?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Acts 11:26 - This verse is talking about a Nazarene Synagogue which was getting crowded by the day with Nazarenes running away from Roman persecutions somewhere. The headquarters in Jerusalem sends Barnabas to take charge of the Synagogue and he goes after his old friend Paul in Tarsus and invites him over to help with the work. At the end of a year Paul has turned that Synagogue into a Church. The verse says that it was the first time the disciples were called Christians. Why? Isn't obvious that's because Paul was the one who fabricated the idea that Jesus was Christ? Do you understand this otherwise?

I can't understand how you think Paul fabricatd the idea that Jesus was Christ. Others believed this even before Jesus was crucified. Simeon knew that Jesus was the Messiah when he held Jesus, he knew he was the Christ, the Messiah. Peter acknowledged who Jesus was, hundreds knew and spoke of this before Paul was ever converted.....The basis of Christianity is Jesus Christ. Even the Roman centurion knew who Jesus was. These people knew this because of divine knowledge from God.
What kind of sign are you waiting for to show you who Jesus is? :bonk:
I just baked cookies, I'll share even though we probably not ever agree...;)

Ben Masada

I can't understand how you think Paul fabricatd the idea that Jesus was Christ. Others believed this even before Jesus was crucified. Simeon knew that Jesus was the Messiah when he held Jesus, he knew he was the Christ, the Messiah. Peter acknowledged who Jesus was, hundreds knew and spoke of this before Paul was ever converted.....The basis of Christianity is Jesus Christ. Even the Roman centurion knew who Jesus was. These people knew this because of divine knowledge from God.
What kind of sign are you waiting for to show you who Jesus is?
I just baked cookies, I'll share even though we probably not ever agree...;)

Dear Charity, again, did you read the quotation I gave you? That's Acts 11:26. That was the first time that the disciples started being called Christians.
THE FIRST TIME for God's sake! Why? Just because Paul spent a year there preaching that Jesus was Christ. How can I blend this down into an easier
way to understand? Do you know what? I'd better stay with your cookies. I'll profit more that way. :drool:

Ben

Last edited:

Jeremy Mason

Dear Charity, again, did you read the quotation I gave you? That's Acts 11:26. That was the first time that the disciples started being called Christians.
THE FIRST TIME for God's sake! Why? Just because Paul spent a year there preaching that Jesus was Christ. How can I blend this down into an easier
way to understand? Do you know what? I'd better stay with your cookies. I'll profit more that way. :drool:

Ben

Matthew 28:16-20 (NIV)

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

John 1:40-42 (NIV)

40Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus. 41The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, "We have found the Messiah" (that is, the Christ). 42And he brought him to Jesus.

Paul wasn't the only one. I could give you example after example.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
:cookie:

Ben
Ben sweetie, yes I know that verse well, they were first called Christians at Antioch...Well on that much we can agree....:D Now if I could only get you to agree with the rest of my belief ;) Are you losing your patience with me Ben? I hope you aren't going to break your promise :sad4: :cookie::p

Ben Masada

:cookie:
Ben sweetie, yes I know that verse well, they were first called Christians at Antioch...Well on that much we can agree....:D Now if I could only get you to agree with the rest of my belief ;) Are you losing your patience with me Ben? I hope you aren't going to break your promise :sad4: :cookie::p

NEVER darling, how could I! Don't cry! I didn't mean to be rough on you.
Ben :sorry1: