• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And prices keep going up

RestlessSoul

If millions of people can’t afford the basics, that means your economy no longer serves the people, and your government has failed to protect your interests. But as I understand it, most Americans believe in free markets and don’t trust big government, so you get what you pays for…

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yep and the politicians keep on lying that inflation is now great and prices are falling.

My grocery store states the opposite of what the lying politicians are saying with absolutely no end in sight. I honestly don't know how people with families who , even as middle class , can even afford things anymore.

Prices are not falling and they are still going higher , and I'm sick and tired of people still blaming the supply shortage on it when it's obvious years down the road that it's just an excuse now.
Is it not being said that 'inflation is falling'? But that still means that prices are going up, albeit at a somewhat slower rate.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Oh, I've explained my position and answered questions, just not yours to your satisfaction, and I guess that makes you mad. It doesn't bother me though.
You haven't though. I showed you your words that I was responding to. I asked you to clarify and explain what you mean. Then you said you didn't say what you did. And you just decided not to respond. And said you don't care.

This is exactly how my last conversation went with you. And the one before that.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Is it not being said that 'inflation is falling'? But that still means that prices are going up, albeit at a somewhat slower rate.
Yes, that is exactly what is actually being said. Some people like to twist things to fit their narrative, though.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

We Never Know

No Slack
Yep me too. Like freaking cat food of all things.
A recent example. Hotdogs were always packs of ten. Some still are however...
BarS hotdogs used to be ten(a pound) for like $.98
Last month I bought some for a little BBQ. They are down to eight(12 ouces) and cost arpund $1.25.

We Never Know

No Slack
I think that terms like "unskilled" are labels used by people who struggle to find excuses to not pay people very much.

From the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics..

"Level 1 work is characterized as unskilled labor requiring no previous experience or consisting of routine tasks for which little training is required. Level 2 and 3 work require knowledge of basic operations which typically require some training or experience."

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
As you well know, there are jobs that require no prior training or education such as stocking shelves, working a cash register, and bussing tables.
Having stocked shelves, worked a cash register, worked laying concrete, been a coffee barista, and managed a grocery store.

All of which is considered "unskilled". Yet, require skills.

"Unskilled" just means no need for secondary education, or anything other than OJT (on job training). It does not mean easy work, or work deserving of min/low wage pay.

"Line cooks, farmworkers, construction workers, and grocery clerks, among others, are all considered “low-skilled labor” according to the BLS. While these jobs have few formal requirements to obtain, do they involve little or no skill to do?"

Absolutely not. Imo

Last edited:

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
From the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics..

"Level 1 work is characterized as unskilled labor requiring no previous experience or consisting of routine tasks for which little training is required. Level 2 and 3 work require knowledge of basic operations which typically require some training or experience."

True but the BLS lists these jobs as "Line cooks, farmworkers, construction workers, and grocery clerks, among others, are all considered “low-skilled labor” according to the BLS. While these jobs have few formal requirements to obtain, do they involve little or no skill to do?"

We Never Know

No Slack
You want me to Google what your opinion is on what an "unskilled worker" is? Huh?

You aren't asking me for my opinion. You are asking me to give you "more examples of "unskilled jobs".
Do you have more examples of "unskilled jobs?" Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
You gave me one. And not a very good one for the reason mentioned.
I gave you two. If you want more examples try ChatGPT and google.
Or try the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You aren't asking me for my opinion. You are asking me to give you "more examples of "unskilled jobs".
Based on what your opinion of what an "unskilled job" is.

I gave you two. If you want more examples try ChatGPT and google.
Or try the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
I'm not gonna ask a bot to explain your position to me.

You gave me Walmart greeter. I countered by pointing out that they do more than just stand there. And I gave an example of a job I used to have in which people probably thought I just sat there and smiled all day, when in actuality I was doing waaaaaay more than that.
You had nothing to say about it.

It's pretty obvious that another poster's thoughts on the matter seem to be spot on:
"I think that terms like "unskilled" are labels used by people who struggle to find excuses to not pay people very much."

We Never Know

No Slack
Based on what your opinion of what an "unskilled job" is.

I'm not gonna ask a bot to explain your position to me.

You gave me Walmart greeter. I countered by pointing out that they do more than just stand there. And I gave an example of a job I used to have in which people probably thought I just sat there and smiled all day, when in actuality I was doing waaaaaay more than that.
You had nothing to say about it.

It's pretty obvious that another poster's thoughts on the matter seem to be spot on:
"I think that terms like "unskilled" are labels used by people who struggle to find excuses to not pay people very much."
I gave you two.
-Walmart greeter who does nothing but smile and say hello. Even gave you and example of what a worker said.
-Shoveling crap out of barn stalls. You insinuated being fit was a skill.

Now I refer you to post #132. That's the end of this discussion for me.

RestlessSoul

I do now. Sadly.

And aren't you a ****ing ray of sunshine. Smh

There is more to ANY job then that, including customer service, clerk, McDonald's worker or whatever else you are so entitled, you think you can call them unskilled.

My mum told me that there is dignity in all labour (so get your lazy arse of the sofa and get any job you can find ;)).

On a related note, when the Covid lockdown started over here, and all the office workers were told to stay home, I remember seeing a street sweeper at the top of our road, and thinking how much trouble we’d all be in if people like him weren’t going about their business as usual. How quickly we all forget the contributions of people in what are generally sen as low status jobs.