• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

SavedByTheLord

Seems to be a bit of a mess, though. Petty, spiteful, vindictive, genocidal, jealous, some of the time, and all love and justice at other times.

All that's a bit beside the point though. Other versions of 'God' are available (lots and lots of them).
What other versions of God are available?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

The following proves that God Almighty is the Creator of all things.
............................... 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: - Rom 1:19-20
Please could you tell me more about 'the creation of the World'?
...and please can you tell me when you think that this happened?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You haven't shown anything other than your opinion.
This comment doesn't make any sense in context of the point at hand.

You asked how we know slavery, collective punishment etc is not justified.
My answer was "rational moral reasoning".

There was nothing to "show".
You merely asked for the methodology by which we can conclude how certain things aren't justified.
Rational moral reasoning was my answer.

How else do you propose to reach moral conclusions?

Ebionite

I would hate to live in a world governed by what you think is just. It's also pretty much the opposite of what the Jesus character in the NT taught, which is one reason why I said the "god of the bible" would be seriously messed up, if it existed...
It's not the opposite, Jesus endorsed the law, which included the law of the treatment of slaves.

And a supposedly omnipotent, omniscient god, couldn't think of anything better than slavery?

So morally abhorrent, and a bit dim?
You're projecting your own nature.

And YHWH was with Judah; and he drave out [the inhabitants of] the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
Judges 1:19

And they built the high places of Baal, which [are] in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through [the fire] unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.
Jeremiah 32:35

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Go look at most of the other religions in the world. In fact, for an alternative version of god you could just look outside of your tiny cult of literal creationism and KJV idolatry. No need to even look outside Christianity.
Don't even have to look at other religions for numerous versions of God.
Christianity has a whole slew of versions of God.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The term "God" is ambiguous because it is a translation of several Hebrew words (אל, אלה, אלהים) which have different meanings, and these meanings can vary depending on the context, for example Numbers 23:19 and Genesis 7:1.
Put in the proper context they're not confusing at all.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Vengeance is the opposite of Justice. An eye for an eye makes whole world blind.
Nothing but God can make up for the loss of a loved one. Or the loss of an eye or a tooth. Nevertheless, He exacted justice in a way people could understand. There is no account of someone gouging a person's eye or tooth as justice but that was His way of expressing justice. It wasn't like I'm going to hit you over the head and smash your brains in because I lost my tooth in a fight with you.