• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Count on ignorant indoctrinated americans to say and believe things like this......................

Seems like you aren't even aware where Santa comes from. No, it's not "satan scrambled". Good grief....................................
Santa is the Americanized version of the west european (primarily dutch / flemish) celebrated "Sinterklaas". Or "Saint Nicholaas".

Saint Nicholaas, or Nicolaas of Myre, was a Turkish bisshop who was known for his charity and who was proclaimed a saint due to performing supposed miracles.

This dude in fact has nothing at all to do with christmass.

Learn your christian history.
Proof that Saint Nicholas is not Santa, when was the last time you saw Saint Nicholas drinking a Coke:

1700602638846.png

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That is what many do believe, but Satan deceives the whole world.

Santa is not Saint Nicholas. It makes no sense.
Santa knows whether you are good or bad.
How does Saint Nicholas have that power?
Santa makes it around the whole world in 1 night.
Santa is in very many places, malls, etc at once leading up to Christ-Mass.
Santa and the reindeer fly.
Santa is assumed to never lie and to never sin.
Is that Saint Nicolas?

There are a number of other things about Santa that match either God the Father or Jesus Christ.
Satan said he would be like the Most High.
BTW, why do all these adults lie to children about Santa?
Isn’t Satan the father of lies?

And why on the day that Christ was supposedly born (He wasn’t) is Santa the most mentioned?

Satan (just move the n in Santa to the end) deceives the whole world.
Your cultural knowledge doesn't extend beyond the 5 miles radius of your geographic location it seems.

Saint Nicholaas in belgium and the netherlands is celebrated on december 6.
Guess what he does then according to folklore?

He goes around the world with his helpers and enters houses through chimneys and alike, giving gifts to all the children that have been nice little good kids the past year. This folklore is way older then the american Santa. Sinterklaas was imported into America by the dutch and got "americanized" over the years and the festivities were moved a couple weeks later to occur at christmass and the lore was changed slightly.

1700602873305.png

Does that look familiar somewhat?
Guess why.

Celebration of saint nicholaas has been going on for centuries.

Bthoth

I believe what is written about Moses and the tablets and what happened in the wilderness.
wilderness? Mt sinai was a hill in egypt...... both the tablets and torah were claimed to come from there.
Not only does it make sense, it more than makes sense.
How does magic ever make sense? Heck did you know, Moses had 3000 killed for that golden calf event, per torah, per him per se.
Now that I'm speaking to you about it, yes -- it has given me a new life. No doubt about it. :)
New life? I hope so, as the better man will be honest before belief.

Colt

Maybe @Bthoth knows some Hebrew and can help you figure what heavens mean or can mean. Bye again for now, hope things work out.
You certainly know what condescension is. The heaven for saved souls is NOT on earth or a hiding place in the air.

Last edited:

Monty

I believe what is written about Moses and the tablets and what happened in the wilderness. Not only does it make sense, it more than makes sense. Now that I'm speaking to you about it, yes -- it has given me a new life. No doubt about it. :)
How many days did it take Moses and his five million or so relatives to cross the Red Sea when they wandered aimlessly around the middle eastern deserts for 40 years? And where did he find the 2500 tonnes of food per day to feed them and ten megalitres of water per day for them and their animals to drink?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The census of Caesar Augustus occurred before the death of Herod in 8 B.C. Luke got his facts wrong.
Citation needed. And why would they have done a census of Judea?

By the way, you need to reread Luke. He specifically identified the Census of Quirinius and the date of that is well established. And as to a census of the entire Roman Empire I do not think that was done until in the 60's or 70'c CE.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How many days did it take Moses and his five million or so relatives to cross the Red Sea when they wandered aimlessly around the middle eastern deserts for 40 years? And where did he find the 2500 tonnes of food per day to feed them and ten megalitres of water per day for them and their animals to drink?
It was magic. It makes more sense:rolleyes:

Colt

By the way, you need to reread Luke. He specifically identified the Census of Quirinius and the date of that is well established. And as to a census of the entire Roman Empire I do not think that was done until in the 60's or 70'c CE.
I said Luke got his facts wrong.

Its from his autobiography.

As consul for the fifth time [29 BC] note by order of the people and the Senate I increased the number of the patricians. Three times I revised the roll of the Senate. In my sixth consulship [28 BC], with Marcus Agrippa as my colleague, I made a census of the people. I performed the lustrum after an interval of forty-one years. In this lustration 4,063,000 Roman citizens were entered on the census roll. A second time, in the consulship of Gaius Censorinus and Gaius Asinius, [8 BCE.] I again performed the lustrum alone, with the consular imperium. In this lustrum 4,233,000 Roman citizens were entered on the census roll. A third time, with the consular imperium, and with my son Tiberius Caesar as my colleague,[14 AD] I performed the lustrum in the consulship of Sextus Pompeius and Sextus Apuleius. In this lustrum 4,937,000 Roman citizens were entered on the census roll.6

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I said Luke got his facts wrong.

Its from his autobiography.

As consul for the fifth time [29 BC] note by order of the people and the Senate I increased the number of the patricians. Three times I revised the roll of the Senate. In my sixth consulship [28 BC], with Marcus Agrippa as my colleague, I made a census of the people. I performed the lustrum after an interval of forty-one years. In this lustration 4,063,000 Roman citizens were entered on the census roll. A second time, in the consulship of Gaius Censorinus and Gaius Asinius, [8 BCE.] I again performed the lustrum alone, with the consular imperium. In this lustrum 4,233,000 Roman citizens were entered on the census roll. A third time, with the consular imperium, and with my son Tiberius Caesar as my colleague,[14 AD] I performed the lustrum in the consulship of Sextus Pompeius and Sextus Apuleius. In this lustrum 4,937,000 Roman citizens were entered on the census roll.6
Sorry, not good enough. That only tells of a census. It does not tell of how extensive it was. At four million Roman citizens it does not appear to be anywhere near large enough for the entire Roman Empire at that time. In fact it appears to contradict your claim because I do not think that Judeans would have counted as "citizens". It appears that you are conflating two different censuses.

So once again, citation needed. That means include a link in your claim.

Even worse. In 7 BC Judea would not have been part of the Roman Empire. They were definitely not citizens then. You refuted yourself. There really is no need for a link after all.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You certainly know what condescension is. The heaven for saved souls is NOT on earth or a hiding place in the air.
Here we see someone else travelled -- who knows, maybe through space? the heavens? the ocean? you guess...Ezekiel 37:1 - The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. (Another traveller...:) )

YoursTrue

How does magic ever "make sense"?

Seriously how does any of it "make sense"?
yeah well tell how birds fly, ok? they got wings that flap, hmm...Meantime, aside from ducks, I've been reading about animism and the philosophers' way of trying to figure out how religion started ... kind of confusing -- lots of theories -- nothing substantial insofar as anything better than reality and what the Bible says. Hey! have a good one. categories of philosophy, and we'll see as time moves on. Please ask @Colt about being transferred, transported, flown to heaven if you want to know more. Thanks.
OK, never mind about the birds -- too boring, it's just nice to see them. Ask other believers like Colt please. :)

YoursTrue

P.S. just to let you know -- I'm not getting into this, although I could. Let Colt handle this. :) Have a good time -- if you go to a Christmas party maybe you could be careful not to drink too much and drive, you know?

YoursTrue

Let's be honest here. God could have whisked them out of the wilderness if He wanted to, couldn't he have? I think so. There was a reason for this, the Bible tells you, maybe you can find it sometime. Ask Colt maybe he has the answer. :) (Have a good one...)

Monty

Let's be honest here. God could have whisked them out of the wilderness if He wanted to, couldn't he have? I think so. There was a reason for this, the Bible tells you, maybe you can find it sometime. Ask Colt maybe he has the answer. :) (Have a good one...)
But how many weeks did it take them and their millions of animals to walk across the Red Sea, and did the 1500 women giving birth each day while they were walking? Or did their god just wave it's magic wand?

YoursTrue

But how many weeks did it take them and their millions of animals to walk across the Red Sea, and did the 1500 women giving birth each day while they were walking? Or did their god just wave it's magic wand?
Not everyone has faith. Anyway, have a good one. bye for now. :)