• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The Bible has no original copies, which as far as evidence goes is a serious liability. And the copies that do exist have massive numbers of discrepancies. The Bible has changed over time. And let'sd not ignore the inconsistencies in the ospelks, and the dubious history of how they were created and edited over time.

It would be one thing if the whole of the story of Jesus was believable at face value, but it is clearly an embellished work of a person who might have lived. It could be based on a collection of people at the time, we just don't know the truth. One thing we can dismiss is all the supernatural bits. There is no known supernaural phenomenon existing in reality, so we can't believe it.
Oh, go back to December 25th and figure that one, any Bible, ok?

YoursTrue

Along with Easter which was a pagan spring holiday, Christians abducted the winter holiday from the pagans. The egg and rabbit of Easter are pagan fertility symbols. The yule log is also pagan.
yup that is true. agreed.

YoursTrue

I’m not sure where you get this number, but who cares? The Bible isn’t a legal affidavit nor is what is printed factual. If it was then modern knowledge would be consistent with it. It isn’t. Even you interpret it all literally and none of what you claim is factual and true. You reject science due to religious beliefs, not knowledge.
Faith is one of the gifts that only God can give. Before I believed (kind of like Amazing Grace...) I did not believe or know if God exists. Now i believe He does and the Bible is the book He allows those who want to and who He loves and who love Him to understand. Take care. But that's my belief -- obviously not yours now. Again, take care.

Monty

Faith is one of the gifts that only God can give. Before I believed (kind of like Amazing Grace...) I did not believe or know if God exists. Now i believe He does and the Bible is the book He allows those who want to and who He loves and who love Him to understand. Take care. But that's my belief -- obviously not yours now. Again, take care.
But have you ever seen a god yet and had a face to face conversation as described in Gen 18?

Colt

How is that? Want to give "evidence" of your assertion? Maybe he was born on December 25th also, right? Also looking for @Colt 's answer -- Why Is Christmas Celebrated on December 25? | HISTORY
Jesus was born at least 7 B.C. The Dec 25 date came about due to the similarity of other dates in the Pagan religions of the Gentile world. Mithra, Dionisis Attis, all had similar celebrations. Christianity is a marriage between Paul's gospel about Jesus and the existing beliefs and rituals of the Mystery religions which were very similar to the Jesus story.

Colt

No god ever wrote a word. What is beyond the premise that scribes wrote the books as authors?
The scriptures were written, rewritten, edited and redacted by Holy men, some more holy than others. They are purely human. The false doctrine of inspiration was invented by institutional religions in order to maintain control and consistency.

YoursTrue

The scriptures were written, rewritten, edited and redacted by Holy men, some more holy than others. They are purely human. The false doctrine of inspiration was invented by institutional religions in order to maintain control and consistency.
Maybe @Bthoth knows some Hebrew and can help you figure what heavens mean or can mean. Bye again for now, hope things work out.

YoursTrue

No god ever wrote a word. What is beyond the premise that scribes wrote the books as authors?
The Bible which you apparently don't believe, has references to God's finger imprinting something on stone tablets, doesn't it?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Mitochondrial Eve is proven fact

Yes, and she lived some ~150.000 years ago.

Also, she is not the "first" woman, nor was she the "only" woman alive at the time. She lived in a population of many humans.
You might want to read up.

and God designed the DNA which determines individuals who are different .
No

Monty

Jesus was born at least 7 B.C. The Dec 25 date came about due to the similarity of other dates in the Pagan religions of the Gentile world. Mithra, Dionisis Attis, all had similar celebrations. Christianity is a marriage between Paul's gospel about Jesus and the existing beliefs and rituals of the Mystery religions which were very similar to the Jesus story.
Where was he born if the date in Luke is incorrect? Census of Quirinius - Wikipedia

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why does that even matter?
His conception and birth is documented .
There are a few events before His ministry that are documented,
The names of most of His family members is documented.
His profession and that of Joseph is documented.
No they are not. Myths are not "documentation". Especially myths that have a ten year disagreement about the date of birth.

Bthoth

The Bible which you apparently don't believe, has references to God's finger imprinting something on stone tablets, doesn't it?
Do you have the tablets to see the handiwork or are you awaiting the finding of the ark to hopefully see the commandments (rules of personal responsibility) for yourself?

IN both cases, the words, language and rendition are man made.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I do not believe in Santa (just Satan scrambled).
However amazingly many Christians have deceived their kids with Santa.
Satan said he would be like the most high and that is how Santa is portrayed.
So this is yet another prediction from the Bible that has come true.
Count on ignorant indoctrinated americans to say and believe things like this......................

Seems like you aren't even aware where Santa comes from. No, it's not "satan scrambled". Good grief....................................
Santa is the Americanized version of the west european (primarily dutch / flemish) celebrated "Sinterklaas". Or "Saint Nicholaas".

Saint Nicholaas, or Nicolaas of Myre, was a Turkish bisshop who was known for his charity and who was proclaimed a saint due to performing supposed miracles.

This dude in fact has nothing at all to do with christmass.

Learn your christian history.

YoursTrue

Do you have the tablets to see the handiwork or are you awaiting the finding of the ark to hopefully see the commandments (rules of personal responsibility) for yourself?

IN both cases, the words, language and rendition are man made.
I believe what is written about Moses and the tablets and what happened in the wilderness. Not only does it make sense, it more than makes sense. Now that I'm speaking to you about it, yes -- it has given me a new life. No doubt about it. :)