• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-immigrant rhetoric

Tomef

Oh, you mean like these?

Yes, like those.

So, in your view, when Trump uses terms like animals, murderers, rapists, sub-human and so on, he is exclusively referring to those few people mentioned in those videos, or other people with actual convictions for violent crimes?

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, like those.

So, in your view, when Trump uses terms like animals, murderers, rapists, sub-human and so on, he is exclusively referring to those few people mentioned in those videos, or other people with actual convictions for violent crimes?
Some immigrants are. No claim is made thatvall are.
But all should be properly vetted.
Or don't.

From over here, if the west chooses self immolation,
go for it.

Tomef

Some immigrants are.
Some people of every kind are. Trump himself is a sex offender; he referred to people accused of crimes, apparently, as not human. He has been accused of numerous crimes. It doesn't add up. As far as I can see, on some occasions he refers to individuals who, like him, have been accused rape and other sexual crimes, at other times he refers to huge numbers of people en mass.

Pogo

Some people of every kind are. Trump himself is a sex offender; he referred to people accused of crimes, apparently, as not human. He has been accused of numerous crimes. It doesn't add up. As far as I can see, on some occasions he refers to individuals who, like him, have been accused rape and other sexual crimes, at other times he refers to huge numbers of people en mass.
Its his gish gallop make a bunch of contradictory claims and everybody that wants to support him for whatever reason can find what they want while it is impossible to refute them all simply due to time constraints. His supporters don't care that he is inconsistent only that he reinforces their emotions occasionally. They are not thinking rationally and so rational arguments cannot dissuade them.

anotherneil

Yes, like those.

Correct; I see no reason for thinking otherwise. I don't even think he's referring to illegal aliens who are just coming here to make some extra money & aside from sneaking into the country are behaving peacefully & lawfully. I'm pretty sure he's also referring to human traffickers and drug smugglers.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see no reason for thinking otherwise. I don't even think he's referring to illegal aliens who are just coming here to make some extra money & aside from sneaking into the country are behaving peacefully & lawfully. I'm pretty sure he's also referring to human traffickers and drug smugglers.
That was a response to, "So, in your view, when Trump uses terms like animals, murderers, rapists, sub-human and so on, he is exclusively referring to those few people mentioned in those videos, or other people with actual convictions for violent crimes?"

You see no reason for thinking that Trump finds illegal aliens that want to come for a job and obey the laws apart from being in the States illegally acceptable, and mostly means human traffickers and drug smugglers when he refers to a border problem?

I see a very different person in Trump than you do. When he put people in cages and separated their children from them, do you think that those people were known to be human traffickers and drug smugglers? I don't. Most of those people were trying to escape desperate situations in their Central and South American countries, which is why their children were with them.
I believe there is à serious.psychiatric problem involving men's sexuality behind this insane hatred for Trump.
Yes, I know. You've said so before. I don't see that, and I haven't seen anybody on RF agree with you, so I don't know why you think that.

The tremendous repudiation of Trump that you see in about half of Americans and probably over half of people anywhere familiar with him is not about male sexuality nor insane. What's insane to me is to find that man acceptable. I can understand it in people who are so bitter that they want to see the earth scorched, or are so wealthy they want Trump to lower their taxes, deregulate their businesses, or are so theocratic that they support what they believe are his Handmaid's Tale values, although the white evangelicals are pretty upset that Trump says that a 6-week limit to abortion in Florida is too short, that he says he wants the individual states to decide about abortion rights rather than a national abortion ban, and that he wants IVF offered free of charge.

But they'll mostly vote for him anyway in the hope that he's lying about his intentions to try to appeal to moderates and women while campaigning, and then give them Gilead.

But I'll bet that you and most other Trump defenders and supporters posting in these threads are none of those things - bitter enough at the world to want to see other people harmed and suffer, a greedy and selfish captain of industry, or a religious zealot willing to make women incubators for the church - so it's a mystery to me what appeals about him to any of you.

So you see a serious psychiatric issue involving all American men that are repulsed by Trump? How about the women who hate Trump? How do you account for that?
It is all about sexuality. And that assassin named Crooks suffered from that.
Crooks suffered from sexuality? I don't think that's what you meant.

There may be sexual issue there, but I don't see his sexuality being a factor in shooting at Trump. When I look at the guy, I see a likely incel, whose anger issues are typically with women, but that's just a gestalt thing (gut feeling). I don't know his story and haven't been interested enough to find out what is known about him once I knew that he wasn't particular about who he shot at. He's just another American nut job with guns and a desire to kill. Those people are very important and very dangerous, but not very interesting.

I've got a joke for you:

A guy goes to a shrink who administers a series of Rorschach ink blot tests on him. "Tell me what you see here," says the doctor.

"I see a nude woman," replied the patient.

"And here?"

"I see a couple making love."

"And here?"

"I see an orgy."

"Sir, I think that you are overly preoccupied with sexual issues. You have a sex problem."

"*I* have a sex problem? You're the one with a desk full of dirty pictures."

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think that a person who shoots at Trump that's because he hates his guts.
Right?
If you are so well informed why don't you consider a mental health issue?

There seems to be this ignorant assumption that humans are generally fully funtional and rational, and acts occur as a result of lucid thinking. No. Many anti-social acts by humans has some underlying mental health issue.

Tomef

From over here, if the west chooses self immolation
There's nothing new about mass immigration, it's more of a media frenzy than anything real. As one example, far more people have been killed or otherwise harmed by domestic terrorists and corporate crime in the US - way, way more - but that barely features in the news. Immigration offers opportunities for the unscrupulous to grab the votes of weak, ignorant and fearful people, hence it is a regular news feature, particularly on the right.

Tomef

Correct; I see no reason for thinking otherwise. I don't even think he's referring to illegal aliens who are just coming here to make some extra money & aside from sneaking into the country are behaving peacefully & lawfully. I'm pretty sure he's also referring to human traffickers and drug smugglers.
Who do you think he is referring to here? I can't see any indication that he's referring specifically to people known to be criminals. He makes sweeping statements, without evidence, that 'we know' that 'they' are coming from mental institutions, prisons (etc.), and that they are 'poisoning the blood of this country'. On what basis do you fit that into the idea that Trump is specifically referring to the tiny number of actual, convicted, violent criminals involved?

That aside, what reason do you think someone running for president has to use this kind of language about people? One sex offender referring to other sex offenders as 'sub-human'? Who benefits from this kind of discourse? What purpose does it serve?

anotherneil

That was a response to, "So, in your view, when Trump uses terms like animals, murderers, rapists, sub-human and so on, he is exclusively referring to those few people mentioned in those videos, or other people with actual convictions for violent crimes?"

You see no reason for thinking that Trump finds illegal aliens that want to come for a job and obey the laws apart from being in the States illegally acceptable, and mostly means human traffickers and drug smugglers when he refers to a border problem?

I see a very different person in Trump than you do. When he put people in cages and separated their children from them, do you think that those people were known to be human traffickers and drug smugglers? I don't. Most of those people were trying to escape desperate situations in their Central and South American countries, which is why their children were with them.
By "he put people in cages and separated their children from them", are you referring to Obama? Trump wasn't President back in 2014:

anotherneil

Who do you think he is referring to here? I can't see any indication that he's referring specifically to people known to be criminals. He makes sweeping statements, without evidence, that 'we know' that 'they' are coming from mental institutions, prisons (etc.), and that they are 'poisoning the blood of this country'. On what basis do you fit that into the idea that Trump is specifically referring to the tiny number of actual, convicted, violent criminals involved?

I don't read CNN; they're a Leftist propaganda mill and viciously biased against Trump.

That aside, what reason do you think someone running for president has to use this kind of language about people? One sex offender referring to other sex offenders as 'sub-human'? Who benefits from this kind of discourse? What purpose does it serve?
Whataboutism based on a controversial civil trial.

Tomef

You can find transcripts of Trump's speeches here: Donald Trump Southern Border Arizona Cochise | Rev

Your claim doesn't really stack up. There have been occasions, as in the videos you linked to, when Trump is speaking about specific incidences of brutal crimes committed by illegal immigrants (3 in total, apparently). Looking at his speeches, however, he frequently makes sweeping generalisations and enormously exaggerated conflations to refer to huge numbers of people, as here:
"...much more than 20 million people into our country, many from prisons and jails, many from mental institutions, insane asylums, and many terrorists"

What is the basis for these claims, as just one example?

Put together with the reality that the majority of sex crimes, especially involving children, are committed by white, male US citizens ( https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...ublications/quick-facts/Sexual_Abuse_FY21.pdf ), this whole immigration mania schtick lacks any credibility. Trump's promise to build a wall ended in abject failure, there is no reason to believe his claim that he will deport millions will come to anything either. Even to any extent that there is any movement towards that, it has close to zero chance of having any kind of impact on the level of violent sexual crime in the US, given that close to 0% of that crime in the US is committed by illegal immigrants.

It's beyond obvious that Trump's rhetoric has the sole purpose of winning the votes of the gullible. What other purpose does it serve? What purpose did his 'build a wall' promise serve? His lacklustre attempts at throwing up a few desultory fences had zero impact on illegal immigration, most of which in any case occurs when people fly to the US and overstay their visas.

Last edited:

Tomef

Whataboutism based on a controversial civil trial.
No, there's a lot more to it than that, as you could easily find out. As one example, what would you have thought if, when you were at school, some old guy regularly turned up in the girl's changing rooms to ogle the teenage girls as they got undressed. You'd consider that perfectly normal behaviour? Would you be outraged if anyone suggested he was a sex offender?

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If you are so well informed why don't you consider a mental health issue?

There seems to be this ignorant assumption that humans are generally fully funtional and rational, and acts occur as a result of lucid thinking. No. Many anti-social acts by humans has some underlying mental health issue.
Yeah sure...
A lunatic with a mimetic suit and a professional weapon.